43.
792 7 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ren was having a strange dream again, he was in a space similar to the galaxy.

He was just there, thinking about the decisions he made, or if she should have helped from the start.

But after a while, he got tired of so many negative thoughts and started thinking about bacon until he heard a voice.

- again?.

"I guess yes miss, here I am again.

- looking at your memories, it seems that you had another unfortunate event.

"So I'm dead?

- none of that dear ren, that would be very unfortunate, right now your injured body is being moved by one of your girlfriends.

"girlfriends?

Ren said with a puzzled expression, he doesn't remember proposing to any girl in this world.

- that song was practically a declaration of love.

"ah..., well, the lyrics are very beautiful, and it reminds me of my mother.

- I know, but I guess misunderstandings for later, right now you're in a bigger problem like your body is in terrible shape because of the fall.

"Really? Don't tell me.

- Seeing that your sarcasm still works, I guess you're mentally recovered for what I'm going to tell you.

" ahead.

- because of the great load you sent to your brain, right now you have abasia.

" inability to walk? and why ?.

- well, because you used a lot of electricity, your nerves and your cerebellum are damaged.

"I guess I'll be an office worker in this life, huh?

- I know it's in your memories but...

-ha...

- How does not being able to be a fighter again or even move your legs affect you?

" I usually accept things and see what I can do later, and if I am unable to walk, I can charge the parents of the protagonists for taking care of their children and having enough to live in a small apartment.

"In addition to being able to use mana to cure those patients that the director indicated, I will earn more money for the rest of my life.

- I guess you could, but unfortunately for you...

" that ?.

- I already gave you a new skill that can help you with your wounds.

"Really? I guess I expected a lot of lazy life.

- Yes, besides that you didn't need to spend all your mana sending lightning to the brain of that little 4-legged animal.

"Then what else could I do at that moment, take electricity from his brain?

- exact.

" Seriously how?.

- That's what the ability I gave you is for, and I need you to calm down so I can explain.

"Sure, excuse me, please go ahead.

- a big change of attitude right?.

" Well, you are giving me a regenerative ability, and I thought that I would have to limit myself forever, now I could experience more of the brain's capabilities, I heard that if I sent electricity to the parietal lobe of the brain I could improve in mathematics.

- slowly brainiac, plans after the explanation.

- the skill is called [nerve regeneration].

- with this you can absorb neural electricity from other living beings and accumulate them, once this is done, you can use them to repair cells, and brain damage among other things, if you use it often enough, you can start using them on others apart from yourself.

- In addition, if you absorb beings that are equal in rank or outrank you, you can raise your talent level with lightning.

- and with little chance of learning skills from those you absorb.

- If I understand, that gorilla fell with you, his life is running out, but his brain is still alive, you could use it to regain mobility in your legs.

Ren knelt before whatever the voice was.

"How can I thank you?

- Live up strong and be a famous hero.

"I will live, I will become strong, but I prefer to continue working without being known by others.

"Besides, that hero is just a title to improve your resume, in the war that will happen in the future all that will go down the drain.

- As you like then, but I want you to live.

"Ok, ma'am.

- very well, now it's your time to wake up, we'll see each other again after you find my parts.

"Huh, what did he say?

Ren turned around, but the voice was no longer heard, the place began to light up and she realized that it was time to wake up.

.

.

.

Upon waking up the first thing she saw was Akane crying on her chest.

Ren was confused with this girl and her exaggeration, he was only asleep for a while and even if she had died, it's not a big deal.

"Akane.

- eh? is sensei alive?.

"I am no longer your sense-

"oh

he was crushed by Akane's head on her chest crying, ren patted his head as he tried to place himself on what the hell happened.

After calming down this clumsy crying cute girl, he asked for an explanation of the situation.

- In the fall, a stone hit him on the head, with the girls we continued falling until we reached a lake, and thanks to that we were able to survive.

- from there I took you and the others.

he said as he looked at 2 other girls who were passed out further on.

- Besides, that monster also fell with us.

"Hey, where is he?

ren looked around and 20 meters away was the corpse of the monster

Akane was confused by the first question being about the monster's corpse.

- Is something wrong sensei?.

"Yes, Akane, could you carry me towards the monster?

- Can I ask why ?.

"Because my legs are useless right now and I need to get to him.

Ren said it while he saw the gorilla lying there, but when he was confused by the silence and looked at Akane.

she was crying again.

- You, you sacrificed your legs to save us.

Ren had to start calming this girl down again.

after reassuring her, he began to explain things to her.

"I want to go with that gorilla because I think I discovered a new skill and a way to heal my legs.

- Sure, let's go.

Akane rolled onto her back and crouched down.

"Do you want me to ride on your back?

- Yes, you are the one I trusted the most apart from my sister, that's why I think you can go up.

"I don't understand anything you said, but I'll take it as a jump on it.

Ren climbed on Akane's back and certainly as she climbed, she couldn't move or feel her legs.

Akane picked up Ren's larger body and carried it towards the gorilla and under Ren's guidance placed it on top of his neck.

Ren climbed off Akane's smooth, soft back and searched through her fur for the wound she had inflicted on him before her.

Seeing it, he put his hand there, and by a feeling, he could feel the spine of the beast.

She thought this time about giving, absorbing.

And he began to feel energetic, as the gorilla's body began to convulse uncontrollably.

Ren held tight to the moving beast.

After a few moments, the beast stopped moving and some messages appeared on Ren's screen.

[beam level updated]

[has evolved to a level 5]

Ren felt an improvement in his lightning control, but the messages didn't end there.

[A rank C crazy gorilla skill was acquired]

[stamina recovery- rank D]

[brain power was acquired]

[ now you can store brain energy from other beings and use them to heal and regenerate faster]

After the warnings, a small system arrived.

[As that information is off-limits to humans, I'll make the status screen only appear like this and not on your id card, although you can put whatever skills you want on that id, keep it hidden, for now, you can thank me later mortal, lol]

Ren thanked the entity that he gave him such good gifts, but cursed her to be an ojousama. but at least he will have a free hand to hide his abilities whenever he wants.

I look at his status screen first, thinking 'status'.

[Condition]

Name: Ren Artega.

Qualification:

none.

Magic Affinity:

Ray

level 5 (upgradable)

Attributes :

Strength: c

Agility: C+

Resistance: c

Intelligence: c

Mana Ability: c+

Luck: ???

fighting styles:

[lazy style] - Rank A (can be improved).

Skills:

[mind in flux] -rank S - passive/active.

An ability is given by (๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ), when activated the user gains the ability to have emotions in a calm and continuous flow, no matter how affected the user is, thus preventing out of control, it also passively blocks all mind control abilities.

This ability can negatively affect the user if they keep it active for a long time since it is linked to mental strength, the more mental strength the user has, the longer it will be possible to maintain the ability.

[nerve regeneration]- Rank S - passive/active.

-An ability is given by (๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ), with this you can absorb <neural energy> from other living beings and accumulate it, once this is done, you can use said energy to repair cells, brain damage among other injuries.

- There is a small chance of being able to acquire skill from the being that it absorbed.

[stamina recovery]- rank D - passive

-a minor version of regeneration, with this passive skill, you will be able to recover energy much faster than before and increase your wound recovery, once this skill reaches B rank it will evolve to regeneration.

.

.

.

Ren marveled at this S-rank skill, although he has received 2 S-rank skills from the same entity, they are support skills.

I was curious if he put himself in danger, would they give him another gift?

though he got the answer moments later.

a total no.

he didn't need to play with his life like that just for another ability, as he thought about how he can absorb energy from other beings, Akane came running towards him.

Ren, after explaining to Akane about absorbing monsters up to a rank above him could heal them, Akane was relieved.

He obviously wouldn't tell this girl that he could also absorb humans, he would be branded a monster and his life after him would be very troublesome.

Getting up, he began to scan the place better, leaving Akane with the girls, he went into the dungeon looking for the ring.

After turning around the path, he came to a spacious room, and in the center, there were only 2 things on an altar.

A white egg, and a beautiful little chest that had a ring inside.

He grabbed the ring and put it on his finger, then a message appeared before his eyes.

[ Ring of Shadows]- rank A.

-a ring made and worn by the ghost of the shadows, known as the greatest thief in history.

- the ring once placed, will remain with the owner until death, or if the owner wishes to remove it.

- serves as a storage ring that only the owner can use.

-Can create clones devoted to the original by absorbing the user's mana, can give the clone emotions and shapes as he wishes, or can simply use it as a shell that the user can control at will.

- the clone can possess a child of the shadow ring, with this child he can store things that go directly to the user's king ring.

-increases his abilities with [stealth]

-Slightly increases his physical abilities.

Seeing the ring before him, Ren liked it very much.

He looked like a common black ring, but with 3 blue stones like sapphire, of which 2 were opaque.

although they look good, they are too flashy.

Thinking of how he could hide it, the ring began to glow and change shape.

when the light was dimmed, a simpler ring was visible but still stylish.

Glad to accomplish his goal, he looked at the egg to his right.

It looked like a simple ostrich egg, but seeing that it could be from a monster, I tried to pick it up to feel it.

touching it, he felt as if it absorbed something from it, he immediately released it, but the egg entered the ring at that moment.

Ren stood still for a few moments, he didn't know what could have happened, so he checked his status screen.

and on the ring, a new indication appeared below the ring.

- The ghost of the shadows was once hired by one of the most powerful beings on earth, the being gave him the egg as a package to take him to his destination, now you as the heir and new owner must take the egg to his destiny.

- delivery location is at [L๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐ŸพA ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ M๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ].

' So a new job huh? I guess nothing is free in this life.

Ren sighed for a new extra job and headed back the way he came from, using the marks he left along the way.

Once inside, he saw the 3 girls in a tense environment, Ren was too tired for problems between women, so he approached the group.

"Alright ladies, I found a way to the exit, but we have to walk to get there.

The girls got up without saying a word and walked towards the cave.

Ren was facing the 3 girls who didn't say a word, when he turned to Kuroka, she also looked at him.

They saw each other for a few moments, but Ren realized that Kuroka was hiding something since he didn't have the usual cold look, rather he looked a bit ashamed of her, so he stopped and stood in front of her.

"Is it alright Miss Kuroka?

- Yes, I'm fine, follow the path.

Ren didn't believe the story, he looked at the other 2 girls, but they too were strangely quiet.

Ren turned to Akane, Akane avoiding his gaze.

But for a few seconds under Ren's gaze, Akane got flustered and began to speak rapidly.

- Kuroka wants to tell you something!.

Ren just raised an eyebrow and turned his attention to Kuroka.

Kuroka couldn't meet Ren's eyes, he couldn't put on his cold front again either, so with a voice as calm as he could muster, he looked up and looking into Ren's blue eyes, he spoke again.

- I want to apologize for all the damage I did to you.

After saying what she wanted to say, she closed her eyes.

Kuroka all this time had remorse in his conscience towards ren, he expected some sarcastic voice, or maybe he gets angry for having hurt him before, I expect many things since Akane said that once a worker apologized to ren in the restaurant for spending a Ren's recipe to a competition, the boy apologized, but Ren didn't say anything to him and took him out of the restaurant.

But to Kuroka's surprise, Ren just said.

"Okay, okay, let's go.

and he turned and continued through the caverns.

Kuroka didn't expect it in the least, she thought that she would have a fit like that boy who proposed to her a year ago.

The 2 fire users patted Kuroka and followed Ren.

Kuroka could only sigh in relief and continue on her way.

while the 4 walked using glow sticks that ren had in his backpack from before.

Aiko at some point stood next to Ren, without Ren noticing, and began to speak.

- Ren, can I ask you something?

" ahead.

- Why did you apologize to Kuroka?

"Really? That's your question?

- Yes, then tell me, why did you do it despite almost killing you?

"Well because she did it honestly, besides I don't really care that much.

- But not that you almost killed her for throwing that water spear at you?

"I just asked her what she was doing, that's all.

- Didn't you have a grudge against her before?

"I never really had it.

- Really? not a little bit?.

" really.

- you're weird.

"It's no use holding a grudge against him if he didn't do something to me that affects me or my family, it would be a waste of worry.

- You keep giving weird answers.

"And you asking weird things.

- Anyway, thanks for your answers.

"As long as you don't bother me anymore, no problem.

- you're cruel.

"And you annoying, now go with Akane, she's about to give her a shock.

- hum, I'll go wherever I want.

she said as she backed up with Akane again.

Ren just snorted, as she released another rod, and pulled one more out of her ring.

After a while of walking, she approached Akane.

The two of them walked in silence, Ren seeing this girl opening and closing her mouth, randomly came up with a question.

"And your glasses?

- eh? they were lost in the fall.

"Are you sure you won't fall again?

Ren said jokingly, to relieve Akane's nervousness, but Akane didn't take it that way.

-I'm sorry for that! if she hadn't fallen for me, now we would be!-

"maybe dead.

-...

"Or maybe alive, I don't know, if it wasn't for your fall, I wouldn't have gotten up and taken us to Kumiko and Kiriko, maybe they would be with us here too.

"Or if it wasn't for me carrying you on my back, the 2 girls in the back would have gone down with all the debris earlier.

"That doesn't matter now, the important thing is that we survive and get out of here.

"If you fail at something, don't stay there, think about what you are going to do after you fail to move forward.

Akane was very grateful to Ren, all the way she was depressed and feeling guilty, although Ren confided in her the secret of how she was cured, a secret that she planned to take to the grave with her, even though that did not take away from the fact that due to her stumble, Ren had to take charge of the situation.

At this time, unlike other days, she felt freer to speak and said what was on her mind.

-ren, I like-

Akane quickly covered her mouth.

Ren on the other hand was quiet, as she was looking at her condition to see if she would blurt out any extra information, but nothing.

he didn't notice Akane's look.

while they kept walking in silence, at some point Akane went back totally embarrassed to talk to Aiko, and this time Kuroka came.

Ren didn't want to continue talking to this troublesome girl, the only relationship he wants to have with the Nakiri is the debt that will come to them after leaving this place.

Kuroka also didn't know how to start a conversation, as she is usually surrounded by servants and people from high society who were after her hand, she never had to start anything, as she had seen that ren got along with girls from high society without any problem I wanted to get along with him.

It sounds weird, but this is coming from a princess who doesn't have many friends as they all tend to have ulterior motives, or want to bond with her for her family's assets.

According to what the girls said before, ren never cared that one is the daughter of the demon king of a different race, where many humans despise her, or if she is the daughter of the Scarlett house, if they gave her trust, she would act the same way honest with them.

so she came up with the first question many men have asked her in the past.

How many mansions do you have?

Kuroka from behind heard a clapping sound colliding with her forehead according to this narrator, along with a sigh.

Meanwhile, ren's brain short-circuited for a moment from the crazy question she just heard, and there were so many answers in her mind, but she chose the least rude one.

"Are you asking me that?

Kuroka looked at him doubtfully, she didn't know that question was very badly said.

Ren just sighed and replied kindly.

"I don't have any property in my name miss, hopefully, I was able to get a room at the academy.

and so she fell silent.

Kuroka didn't know what to do, she could only sigh internally at her failure to socialize and look at her phone.

Ren was bored in the cave which has nothing interesting, she couldn't light any flares either, she only saw the image on Kuroka's phone, and for some reason, her mouth moved faster than her brain.

" cute cat.

Kuroka who was distracted looking at her grandfather's cat also commented.

- It is, it is my grandfather's pet, I haven't seen him for 3 months, my grandfather gave one of his babies to my brother and me, mine is called Kuro and he is at home since pets are not allowed in the academy, and my brother's is called Kira, he is next to him in the hospital...

"That's nice, taking care of your master even in his difficulty, that cat deserves a prize.

- Every time I see him I give him, some Tom brand cookies, he purrs every time I give him one.

"That's nice of you.

-prettier is what her sister makes of her every time I take her, she sits next to her, and pats her head, as Kazuma did with me when we were kids.

Kuroka said with a sincere smile, but a moment later she realized what he said.

They both realized at that moment that something was wrong, Ren because she tends to avoid opinions about things and Kuroka because she tends to be more reserved with things.

Ren began to look around her and noticed the faint scent in the air, he walked over to a wall and found a small plant in the corner of a wall.

Akane and Aiko, who were also confused, also approached, and there they found a small flower, similar to mistletoe, but the green was darker than the ones she knows, Ren began to check on his phone to see what it is, and found something of it.

[dungeon mistletoe]- a flower native to dungeons, according to scientists, these flowers, unlike common mistletoes, release a light fragrance that affects the limbic system of the human being, which produces a sentimentality in their words, and the Prolonged exposure usually makes them more sensitive, the berries are usually used in very small doses to make a love potion, their use is usually illegal, these plants usually feed on the magnesium in the walls.

Ren looked at the girls and only said a few words.

"When we find our way out, we'll blow this place up.

The 3 girls nodded in unison and Ren continued on his way without noticing that Aiko pouted and said to Akane.

- Right now is when I regret not being human.

20