97.
414 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the first day of January and Ren could be seen walking toward the airport next to Kiriko and Kumiko who seemed excited about the trip.

where?

Well, to the elven territory with the hero and his assistant for vacations and to clean the next dungeon in which Kiriko received a warning in the form of a dream.

All's vacations are in January and February, and classes restart in March.

ren decided to go to elf territory for 2 things.

join the dragon heart or a method to cure Saiko.

and Avalon.

the original Excalibur sheath.

ren was going to try to get those things in the first month, in the second-month ren decided to spend his days in the forest to enjoy some peace, he would ask amerie to please lend him some of the great elf territories.

Ren then went with Kiriko and Kumiko by plane to the border with the elf kingdom.

the border with the elf kingdom is not a bridge.

it is a magical forest from which it takes at least a couple of days of air travel from the empire to reach the edge of human territory.

Of course, only those who have permission from the elf could safely enter the forest, if not, you would get lost and die from magical beasts, hunger, thirst, etc.

-ren...

"Yes?

- Tell me a joke

"You've been a bit annoying for a long time, haven't you?

Ren's voice since he absorbed that key began to speak more often, which annoyed Ren.

the voice itself is a beautiful voice, but if that voice talks to you all day, ren it started to annoy him.

but he also received good things from this voice.

It turns out that this voice allowed Ren to speak any language.

he so far he remembers how he found out.

Kiriko learned language proficiency when he got his tattoo, much to the envy of the girls and every human who took months to learn another language.

amerie was trying to make him differentiate kiriko from the elven language with the human since kiriko heard the same thing.

ren who was present in the room only listened to human language

"When will they speak in the elvish language?

I ask Ren to which everyone in the room let out a voice.

-Hey?

" what?

Those present in the room were shocked including Professor Shiro and a few students present who were watching Kiriko.

-are you talking about it right now ren

Ren blinked a few times before asking in confusion.

"Really?

Kelly who had come to visit her sensei at lunchtime said in a surprised but cheerful manner.

-wow sensei, can you speak elvish?

" I just figured out

-How can someone find out that he speaks more than one language?

Kumiko asked who was next to Kiriko.

"coincidences of life I guess

- you lazy bastard

Kumiko who couldn't learn it immediately could only curse Ren in the human language.

Another thing that Ren found out was that his physical appearance improved.

up to what point?

well...

Hina showed pictures of Ren in middle school before he entered All.

Ren now considers his charm to be B+ or A rank at the level of the protagonists according to random people's mouths, but in middle school, Ren was shown to have D rank charm.

at that level.

Ren, who can speak more often to the voice, asked for her identity, but she doesn't want to speak about who she is, she says that Ren is not ready.

Ren could only sigh as she looked at the paper Amerie gave her.

although ren can speak any language and read it, ren cannot understand all elven jargon.

amerie left a note for ren, but she told ren in elvish not to show it to anyone.

Upon reaching the forest, Ren asked the guards if he could go a different route to the hero.

they prepared carriages, as well as servants for kiriko.

Ren didn't want to participate in something like that, he prefers something quieter.

for some time now ren's hands itched to go to a forest and be in nature and now that he has a chance to take advantage of it, his emotion was so great that he forgot what amerie told him.

The guard, although totally surprised, saw something that Ren did not notice or ignore.

a trace of spirit magic on his chest.

which made the guard remember that his princess acquired spirit magic, and for his princess to leave a trail of spirit magic that keeps persisting, means that his princess has some kind of relationship with the human in front of him.

The guard's attitude changed 180 degrees and he agreed to give Ren everything he needed for his trip.

Going through the spiritual forest is not difficult if you know how to locate yourself, and it won't be difficult for someone who has a relationship with the princess, the guard thought.

Ren, after nodding to the guard, immediately set off through the forest.

obviously, before leaving he told Kumiko to take advantage of the time alone with kiriko.

Ren then wandered off into the woods on a similar route.

the width of the forest was at least hundreds of kilometers.

Ren who was running through the trees improving his parkour skills was thinking about the dragon.

in the game, there were 2 ways to get help for Saiko.

one was slaying the dragon which was what almost all the players used or.

pass her test.

Few know the content of the test, although Ren knows it and must say that it is the simplest but at the same time it is the most difficult.

of all the players only 2% of all took the test.

at that level of difficulty, it was the test.

Ren could only sigh as he felt an incredible familiarity with the forest, something Ren didn't know was that the forest was also reacting to Ren.

.

.

.

A few hours had passed since Ren left for the forest.

she could see amerie walking back towards her mansion as she sighed.

amerie had sent a note to ren with a message.

-I want to go for #$%% with you (it's not an insult, it's a proper name so Ren couldn't understand)

that was the name of the royal forest.

The royals have a unique path in the forest, known to humans as the royal forest.

Amerie who was going to come alone by that route wanted to meet and invite Ren, since royalty can control the forest, making it longer and more confusing to escape or shorter.

She wanted to go with Ren and "get lost" for a couple of hours since this time no girl would be near him, but then she found out through the spiritual magic that she left in the note that Ren went a different way since the real path did not show that anyone used it, giving amerie the answer about ren.

amerie could only smile helplessly at that, she assumed ren would go a different place than kiriko's route.

when she returned to her mansion, she only felt homesick with her mother, she wanted to spend the new year with her, it hurts that her mother was away when she came here for the new year, she could only spend the new year with Indis and just today she would come to see the hero.

Amerie entered and was going to change her clothes to receive her guests.

The arrival of the hero of light caused a great stir in the territory of the elf.

many elf from other neighboring towns came specifically to see the appearance of the hero of light.

Unlike the human world, elves don't use technology, not even in hospitals.

When an elf gets sick, they cure him with aloe vera from the world tree or herbs if the injuries are milder. Now, thanks to the peace treaty that is improving, the elves learned about recovery potions.

doing trade with the other territories, potions are no longer so rare in these lands.

but back on topic.

Kiriko received an incredible welcome as she passed through the entrance of the main town of elf country, with applause from all sides and many screams from elf girls.

and kiriko, although embarrassed, kindly greeted everyone.

Kumiko who was a little behind sighed.

Ren's bastard ran away and couldn't receive such a welcome, Kumiko also knew that Ren wouldn't like this kind of welcome.

At the same time, Ren was coming out of the forest to the elf village.

The magical forest was configured by the queen's magic to take Kiriko and Ren to the capital of the elf kingdom, where the world tree is located.

Ren who came out from the other side of the forest looked at the village.

It was the definition of life in nature, the houses were combined or made of trees, and the streets were not so crowded on Ren's side since everyone wanted to see the hero of light so they went through the area where Kiriko would pass.

Ren was able to use that to his advantage to wander through the streets where only the old people who stayed and weren't so excited were left.

It's not that older elves look old, they just know they're old because of the gray hair on them.

their faces are still fine.

One thing Ren learned is that the elven royal family has a certain charm that unconsciously drives others away.

Ren didn't know how much it could affect someone since he was never affected

-no problem

" Thanks, I guess

Ren said thanking the voice.

ren also brought Hina

or you could say half your conscience

since there is no signal here, Hina can only use ren's camera on the phone to look at everything and learn about the elven culture.

the other half was taken by Kelly with Akane.

As they casually ask here and there, I arrive at the royal palace.

to which amerie saw it as normal, and ren was left something of an idiot.

There were giant roots that covered a bit of the mansion, but Ren understood that they were the roots of the world tree.

The entire structure of the mansion is protected by the world tree.

Ren just smiled helplessly as he approached the mansion.

Amerie on the other hand.

Upon returning home, she could not see her mother because her mother was somewhat busy in a neighboring town and apparently she came to receive the hero on his throne, but when she arrived home, Amerie saw an uninvited guest.

"What do you want Cold?

the young elf holding a bouquet of flowers named cold.

he was a handsome young man who had long white hair and wore a crown on his head.

he was the prince of the snow elf tribe.

and he is trying to get an engagement to the princess.

because?

Well, because his people suffer from hunger.

home cultivation is difficult and they don't have a method that works 100%.

He wants to be betrothed to the elf princess so he can bring his people here next to the world tree and stop starving.

but when he came here with gifts for the queen and the hope of obtaining the betrothal.

The princess name sister completely refused a few days ago when he came here.

The queen did not agree or deny it, she said that she was bored and that he would have to compete against another suitor who is also behind Amerie.

On this occasion, he heard that he would come to the queen's mansion and wanted to meet him and see what he was up against.

-Good morning princess Amerie, I come this time to see his beautiful figure and treat him under her beautiful gaze.

Amerie didn't even change his expression at that, without the slightest concern for his words.

the guy in front of her just wanted to gain influence among her siblings.

amerie was not interested in such a person.

"I'm busy cold, I have to receive my guests.

- please let me receive your guests by your side, I heard that the hero of light would be present.

"You should go to the reception to wait for my mother

- Couldn't you give me a chance to see him with you as the hostess of the mansion in the meantime? Or do you want to embarrass your mother?

Amerie only raised her eyebrow at the threat, but thinking of something she nodded.

"Okay, I'll take you to meet the hero of light.

.

.

.

Ren on the other hand, right at this moment was in a dilemma.

Ren was carrying a dark-skinned girl while she was escaping from guards.

because?

Well, because when he was getting to the mansion, a girl came across and tried to rob Ren.

The girl couldn't steal anything from Ren since Ren kept everything in her ring.

but ren if I manage to take some coins from the girl.

the girl, being stolen by ren, ran after ren through the almost empty streets.

Ren, who was having fun escaping from the petty thief, kept running.

come here, thief!

"Look at yourself in a mirror, runny

after a while, ren got bored with the game and stopped.

when ren stopped, the girl did the same.

The girl stared at the man who cheated on her and stole from her.

"what's your name, little girl

-...

" You're not going to talk?

-...

"ha...

Ren threw the bag that the girl used to keep her money.

Ren had already seen her steal the girl for a while.

but what amazed ren was his technique.

Usually, when Ren saw someone stealing, the thief always bumps into the person and at that moment takes the opportunity to rob him.

but the girl in front of him didn't even have to touch the man she wanted to steal, to achieve that you need very precise hands, ren wanted to understand her technique.

"What is your name?

-Zirunia

"Can you teach me your technique?

- are you a thief?

"I don't, but I know someone who owes me money and I plan to screw her up like that.

-...

"Come on, what do you think doing it for 2 coins?

-...

"Nothing? and 5 coins?

-...

"tch, you're a tough shorty, so 10?

-...

"Well, I guess I'll go.

Ren started to walk out of the alley.

But before she could take a step, a hand grabbed her arm.

Ren turned around and seeing the hooded woman he smiled

-I agree

"Perfect, how about putting it into practice while you-

or he was going to continue until he heard

-thief!

the two turned and saw an older elf shouting as he pointed toward the girl

The girl realized that her cover was blown, but before she could do so she was surrounded by guards with spears.

-hands up, surrender!

Ren and Zirunia raised their hands.

- surrender dark elf, how dare you stain the land of my queen with your dirty feet

" Dark?

Ren looked at Zirunia and indeed, a girl of at least 15 years old came out from under her hood.

the guards looked at Zirunia with disgust.

"oh

Ren was surprised, but Zirunia misunderstood Ren.

- ha, are you disgusting too?

Zirunia said as she glared at Ren, she guessed that even humans must hate her.

"I wasn't going to say that, I was just going to say that you're pretty

-what-

the guards looked at ren in shock and ren stared back at them.

"look at her, she's pretty

The guards fixed their gaze on Zirunia, they only saw a dark elf girl, they did not feel the slightest desire, on the contrary, there was only disgust, and Ren took advantage of the distraction to drop smoke bombs.

He took Zirunia on her shoulder and began to run.

-gale air magic

the guards cast magic, but the smoke would not dissipate.

ren screamed as she ran

"I made sure to get some idiotic anti-magic smoke bombs.

ren with a girl on her shoulder she ran, which brings us back to the present.

" hears.

-Zirunia

"Do you have a safe place?

Do you think I'll tell you?

" or at least a location to drop you off safely

Ren said before dodging an arrow that came from behind.

-...

"they are going to reach us

-okay! for this street to the left.

ren looked ahead and there were 3 alleys in 3 directions.

he pulled out another smoke bomb and threw it forward.

The moment the smoke came into contact with Ren, Ren took out 6 clones and made 3 copies of Ren and Zirunia.

ren went to the left, the 2 took the other 3 routes and the last pair went back toward the guards.

"that will distract them

-...

.

.

.

After escaping and reaching the location under Zirunia's guidance, Ren took it down.

First I clean the dust and some plants in her hair, the effect of the evasive maneuvers.

Due to the coming of the hero, most of the guards were with Kiriko and only a few of the reserve was left for the streets.

"ready, package delivered

- are you calling me cargo?

"Don't worry about trifles

Ren said waving his hand.

-...

- why don't you hate me human

"Hey?

Ren looked at the girl in front of him as he thought

'his life is painful enough.

Ren knew about the dark elves in this world.

they are the product of the great war.

It is said that a group of elves sacrificed their bodies to receive the dark mana in them, as well as demons, they can absorb them into their bodies and become stronger.

but unlike the demons that can easily get it from the environment, the dark elves need it in liquid and when they are under the dark mana, their bodies become poisonous, which they used to fight in the great war against the people of the demon god.

thanks to the dark mana they can strengthen themselves and improve their range.

without that it is at least 100 times more difficult to improve their rank, that's why after the war they were considered a cursed and weak race that needed dark mana to be stronger.

In the game, after being exiled by the public for 500 years and mistreated, they received a juicy offer from a clan of strangers.

they became antagonistic in the game in the late stage.

Ren looked at the girl in front of him and replied

"Did you try to kill me?

-No

"Did you try to hurt me?

- No

" You hate me?

- I do not think so

"So? If you don't wish me harm, why would I have to do it?

Zirunia, although surprised, shrugged her shoulders, she thought that this strange human still doesn't know everything about the dark elves, maybe he was just ignorant for the moment, she heard that a group of young humans came, including the hero, but Ren didn't seem to not at all a worthy hero, but he seemed like a random guy.

She was going to turn around at the city border, but Ren's voice made her stop.

"don't forget to teach me your technique another day

Zirunia didn't answer, just continued.

After Zirunia disappeared, Ren turned her attention away from her as she sighed.

"ha... I'm further from the palace, even further from when I came out of the forest.

- don't worry master, I save the route

" What?

-I'm learning the streets with what you see

"smart girl

-Thanks, master

"How much time do I have left before Kiriko arrives?

- calculating from the time he arrived to the turns that were in the plan and the traffic... he has at least 30 minutes left

"Do you want to bet I do it in 20?

- I wouldn't dare-

"Next time I'll take you to the Holland territory for you to update.

It will be a pleasure to make a bet with you.

.

.

.

25 minutes later

Ren arrived at the elven queen's mansion at the same time as Kiriko.

Ren watched the elves greet Kiriko as if he were a saint while Kiriko smiled at her shining armor gift from his aunt.

Ren just smiled at that.

recently if it weren't for the fact that a recording showing kiriko's sacrifice was obtained, very possibly kiriko will be booed in the human kingdom, now in the kingdom of the elves he is on the good side of public opinion thanks to the legends, it will depend on kiriko what he will do now.

Ren approached a guard who was in the mansion and asked him.

"Good afternoon, one question, can I come in if I show this?

Ren took out a badge that Amerie gave him before separating after Christmas, the guard reading the badge couldn't help but comment.

- so it is true that it would come like this

" Sorry?

- nothing sir, this way, please

Ren nodded to the guard and they led Ren through another of the mansion's entrances.

Upon entering Ren they took him to a reception room, after leaving Ren, the guard left.

Ren looked around waiting for Amerie.

After a while, Amerie arrived in a dress and behind Amerie came an elf with white hair.

Ren glanced at the boy briefly and then decided to greet Amerie.

"good afternoon princess, it's an honor to see you

- leave the cordialities ren, feel at home

"I still had to try, right?

- as it should be

"How about being home?

- happy to be in my territory, what do you think?

"from your house or the city?

- from both

"I found the city interesting, the locals were friendly and I still don't know very well about your house, but from the outside, it looks incredible

- Would you like a tour so you can say it's amazing?

"There won't be any problems going without kiriko?

- true, we could wait for it before the meeting with mom

"Where is the queen?

she is preparing in her room for the hero's visit

"She must be curious about the hero, truth?

- is more curious about you

"me?

- Yes, since Indis came he hasn't stopped talking about you at every opportunity

"I see, did Indis settle well too?

-Yes, at first she was a bit shy with my mother since it's been 10 winters since they haven't seen each other, but later they were able to catch up

while ren and amerie caught up, Col was left as the third wheel, so he played a few times to get attention.

" Yes?

- My name is Cold Sile, pleasure and you are?

"My name is Ren Artega, a friend from the academy

-I see, are you coming with the hero's group?

"We could say that we come from different paths

-um

Ren looked at the guy in front of him.

Although he didn't know him, Ren guessed that he feels uncomfortable by his expression.

Ren remembered that Indis told him that it was possible that he would meet one of Amerie's suitors this time.

It seems that Cold is more sure that his competition is Kiriko and not Ren because when he heard from Ren that he was only a friend of the princess, he lowered his guard.

although he would have gotten the answer if he had looked at amerie and her facial expression when ren said they were just friends.

Anyway.

amerie and ren kept chatting and catching up until amerie remembered.

- come on

" what happened?

- nothing, we have to receive kiriko

"I pass, I don't want to be the center of attention

How could you attract attention?

"Do you remember that you are the princess? What would happen if your citizens see a human who is not the hero near you?

- my boyfriend?

"I was going to say your assistant but it works too

-oh, but don't worry, the citizens will stop at the outer door, we will wait at the entrance to the mansion

" Really?

- Yes

"Then come on, Kumiko has my backpack.

- Do you bring things there?

"Just the basics, otherwise I can't hide that I came here on a trip.

-LOL

Amerie nodded and the three of them went to the entrance of the palace.

amerie walked in front as she tried to move back a bit to be next to ren, but ren backed away when she did so

"Are you okay? Does something hurt?

- nothing

"??

Amerie pouted and no longer cared about her position next to Ren.

When the 3 of them got to the front of the gate, they could see Kiriko arriving with Kumiko behind him and the guards surrounding them.

amerie spoke up welcoming as rehearsed

- Welcome to my land hero of light, it is an honor to have you in my home

- I am also happy to be here, under her warm welcome, I would like to have an audience with the queen, could I have the honor of seeing her?

"Of course, please come with me.

Kiriko looked at Ren behind Amerie.

- Ren

" me

said ren as he raised his hand

- Why did you go and leave us alone?

ren raised an eyebrow

"So you didn't have fun with Kumiko?

-me...

"You didn't take advantage of the bug with her being alone while the guards had given them space?

-...

"you are an idiot

-...

Kiriko could only shut up, he was quite distracted looking at the fauna on the road and he almost forgot about Kumiko.

Ren looked at Kumiko next to him.

'you are an idiot

Kumiko looked at the distance between ren and amerie, Kumiko guessed why ren wasn't next to him so he looked back at her

' you are more idiot

'Ha? Do you think your idiocy would infect me? he keeps dreaming

'Ha!?-

before Kumiko continues, a voice was heard while the 4 were entering the palace.

-tall!

the 4 turned and saw an adult elf in shining armor.

.

.

.

10