Chapter 4: Cat And Mouse Game
156 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Private Number: “You’re starting to fall in love with me~”

I almost dropped my toothbrush in the sink. My eyebrow furrowed in confusion as I stared at Jack’s weird message.

“Ugh you've got to be kidding me.” I rinsed the foam from my mouth and stepped out of the bathroom knowingly that Jack couldn’t hear me in there.

“No, I’m not starting to fall in love with you.” I gritted my teeth in annoyance. I can’t even brush my teeth in peace without him sending me disturbing messages.

Private Number: “You say that but you even went out of your way to give me a name.”

“First of all, it didn’t take that much time. Second of all I couldn’t keep calling you private number in my mind.”

Private Number: “You even think about me. Let’s get married!”

I scrunched my nose up in annoyance ready to lash out on him.

Private Number: “Have I already told you that you look cute when you scrunch your nose up like that.”

I threw my arms up in the air. “You think that anything that I do is cute! Buzz off already and let me get ready.” I said angrily.

Private Number: “Do you have to go to work?” Oh, great now this sucker wants to act grumpy.

I sighed loudly.

Few hours ago:

RING RRINGG RINNG. Crud that was my ringtone waking me up. Why the heck don’t I ever change it?

I answered the phone groggily. “Yes…?”

“April! Have you heard the news!?” Cher yelled awfully loudly.

“Bloody hell Cher. Do you even realize what time it is?” I sat up in bed.

“I just received an email from the company telling us to come to work again from today on!”

“Um sorry…what? Three people were brutally murdered THREE FUCKING days ago and they want us to go to work now?” This cursed company cares more about their fucking money and reputation than the mental health of their employees

“Yeah…They also said that the CEO will come to give a small speech or at least talk about what had happened.”

Oh, wow now that’s surprising the CEO never had shown his face before; literally no one has seen him or her before, ever, so this is something big.

“Okay, I will get ready now see you in a bit.” I said.

“Okay, be careful A.”

“You too Cher.” I hung up as I said that.

“Let’s get ready then.” I mumbled to myself.

Jack has been bugging me ever since the phone call with Cher.

I took my hair brush from table and started to brush my hair.

“Yes, I have to go to work, how else am I supposed to get food on my table.”

Okay, why the hell doesn’t my hair listen to what I want? I brushed my hair a little bit more vigorously.

Private Number: “Simple, be mine I can get anything that you want; just say the word and you’ll have it, so how about it?”

“How about a NO.”

Private Number: “You’ll love me one day, just wait and see.”

“That’s it!” I threw my hair brush at the ground.

“Why the hell do you want me!?” I asked in anger.

Private Number: “Why the hell not!”

“Just look at me! I don’t have a gorgeous body like a model, I don’t have a beautiful face like Cherry, I can’t even cook for God sake; most of the time I just eat junk food! I work at a shitty place that apparently don’t give a fuck about their employees and most importantly of all I’m having a super bad hair day and I’m wearing a strawberry pajama!”

Don’t get me wrong I don’t hate or dislike my body; I’m even proud of who I am, but I’m still just an ordinary girl, so I just don’t get why this ordinary girl got to be a victim of this homicidal crazy obsessed stalker!

Private number: “What the fuck are you saying? You’re a fucking goddess! Have you ever looked in to the mirror!? Your big beautiful eyes which are stained with the forest green color; I always get lost in those pretty eyes of yours. Those cute freckles of yours that spread around your nose, I want to kiss each one of them, but the thing that I want to kiss the most is your plump cherry colored lips while I run my fingers through those gorgeous red mane of yours; while I pule your adorable small body against mine and your sweet smell; omfg don’t get me started on your smell-“

“I’m going to have to stop you right there.” I could feel my face flushing up in embarrassment. “I shouldn’t have asked.”

Private Number: “Sorry I got lost in my thoughts lol. My point is that your FUCKING DELECTABLE.”

“Where the caps necessary?” I asked as I rolled with my eyes.

Private Number: “YES, cause u have to know how DELECTABLE u r.

“Great…” I mumbled. “I would love to say the same thing about you, but I don’t know how you look like.” I gave a Cheshire grin-like smile hoping that he will give his identity away.

Private Number: “Don’t worry I am a good-looking man.”

“Last time I checked humans got different preference so what If your definition of good-looking is different from mine?” I asked. “I mean you say that I am cute no matter what I do and that’s pretty concerning.”

Private Number: “LMAO baby don’t worry, u urself said that I was and I quote “HOT”, so u don’t have to worry about my looks.”

“What?”

I rubbed my eyes with my fingers hoping that I just read his text wrong, but no matter how much I rubbed at my eyes the words were still there.

I said that he was hot? Me? So that means that I had fucking met him before!? But I had called many dudes hot before that means that it could be anyone.

Private Number: “No matter how much those wheels keep spinning in that cute head of yours; you will never find out who I am.”

I glowered in annoyance at the fact that he was right. There’s no way that with that much information I could decipher his identity.

“Whatever…how long have you been stalking me anyway?” looking at the fact that he had bugged my phone and installed cameras in my house I would say that he may have been stalking me for few weeks or months, but I don’t remember meeting anyone in that time.

Private Number: “I have been loving (stalking is such a foul word don’t you think so?) you for approximately four years.”

“Four years? You have been stalking me for four fucking years!?”

Private Number: “Yep~” He said proudly.

I was lost for words. This crazy-ass bastard has been stalking me for four years and I didn’t even had any clue about. Sure he may be a professional killer but still…that doesn’t change the fact that he has been lurking around me and my loved ones for years. In those years he had enough time to find every weak spot of mine.

I felt scared like a mouse caught in a mousetrap with no way out and he knows that.

Private Number: “ So what should we do for our fourth anniversary ;)?”

The fear that I felt was washed away by his annoying text. “You know I always wanted to hand over a criminal to the police.” I glared.

Private Number: “But you can’t hand urself over to the police babe.”

I squinted my eyes. “I’ve got a feeling that I’m going to regret asking this, but why in the world would I hand myself over?”

Private Number: “Because you stole my heart.”

I shut off my phone immediately and threw it aside. “I’m done with your jokes for now. I’m going to get myself ready for work and don’t worry I’ll take my phone with me.” I gritted.

I walked back to the bathroom to get dressed. Why does he have to be so annoyingly corny sometimes!? And I still can’t get over the fact that I know him for four years. Ughh God what did I do to deserve this shit!? As if my life wasn’t shitty enough before he came along.

I sighed as I crouched down and hugged myself on the cold bathroom tiles. “I miss dad.” I whispered sadly to myself.

My dad was a survival/scavenge expert. He would always take me with him around the world teaching me how to overcome certain situations and how to watch out for myself.

I smiled sadly at the memories with me and dad. I was a daddy’s girl obviously, but sadly God had decided to take away my dad 9 years ago when I was at the age of 15. He died from lung cancer. It was the most difficult time of my life I didn’t even want to live anymore, but every time a negative thought popped up in my mind my dad voice would appear saying his famous line to me with a smile.

If it gets hard to breath and it feel like you have hit a wall then just break it, smash it and pulverize it until there’s nothing left of it to see. There’s still so much beautiful things to see in the world; there’s still so many paths for you to take, how can you let a stupid ugly wall stop you from all of that?

That saying alone of his has kept me moving never stopping, but now look at me. I’m crouching in defeat because I’m dealing with someone who I can’t beat.

A sudden thought went through my mind: What would dad say, right now? He would give a quote that he loves. Hmm what was it again?

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.

I smirked. I stood up and stretched my arms giving them a satisfying pop sound. I guess that I have to get to know about my stalker more. He said that he has been stalking me for four years. That means that he pretty much knows everything about me, so I’m sure that he knows that my dad is dead, but he doesn’t know what my dad had taught me over the years that he was alive. I could use that to my advances.

I haven’t lost yet. This cat and mouse game has just started.

3