Chapter 13: Private Number
114 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stalker’s POV

In my arms, I carried a giggling April as I was walking out of the building. She still thought that what had happened was funny. Normally I would love to be basked in her giggles and laughter that sounded like a beautiful symphony tugging on my heartstrings; but I couldn’t help but be sullen that she was enjoying it a bit too much.

That never overcame me before. I never, but never, let a target of mine escape through my grasp and the fact that tan boy could escape me under my radar made me hella pissed.

But he wouldn’t live for long. I’ll be able to find him with my resources in no time. I glanced down at my April. It’s honestly better that he somehow escaped. I wouldn’t want to scar my baby’s eyes, would I? And that would even set back my courting progress with her; something that I wouldn’t want. Also, this way she wouldn’t be able to intervene as I cut his limbs and put them through the shredders.

I couldn’t stop the smirk that appeared at the thought that tan boy would be soon out of the picture.

As I could see my Porsche car finally appear in view, I pulled out my car key and pressed the unlock button. My baby’s laughter immediately came to a halt when she heard my car unlock. The fear-stricken expression that painted her face as she looked at me and my car made me scowl in displeasure.

She struggled in my arms, hitting my chest with her fists, which honestly felt ticklish to me. When she saw it didn’t work, she pushed against my chest, but I didn’t budge.

“April, baby, stop pushing me. You will only hurt yourself.” I said, concerned that my baby may also twist her wrist or worsen her ankle sprain.

“Put me down!” She said through gritted teeth, still trying to push me away.

“Calm down, April.” I tried again.

“Don’t tell me to calm down when you’re planning to kidnap me!” She retaliated.

We were already at my car, so I put her down but held on to her wrist in case she wanted to dash off somehow.

Opening the door to the passenger seat, I explained, “I will not kidnap you. I only want to take you home so that you can rest, so get into the car.” I’m really not lying. My baby had a rough night and is injured, which still pisses me off to no end that I wasn’t able to get there in time. Also, I don’t want to do anything rash that would end up increasing her dislike for me.

She stared at me semi-cautiously. “I will just take the taxi.” She said as she turned her head away.

I could feel the anger in me rise. The hell she will not. “You will not take a fucking taxi when I’ve got a car right here.” I said lowly, but the hint of anger was still clear.

“Then I’ll just walk. Anything is better than being in a car with you.” I could feel a painful tugging sensation in my heart. I know she doesn’t like me, and I am working on it, but to still hear her saying that she would prefer to walk home with that leg than to be with me was painful.

But there’s one thing that she must know. I don’t cry like a bitch when I get hurt or sad. I kill, so she better change that attitude right now.

“Now listen here.” I said lowly as I bend forward to meet her beautiful pair of hazel-green eyes. “If you think that, I’ll leave my woman behind in the dark with a twisted ankle, then you’ve got it wrong.” I glowered.

“That’s why I said that I’ll take the tax-” I cut her off before she could fuel the need to kill anymore.

“And if you think that, I’ll let you step into a car with a man inside whether it’s his job and to not kill him afterwards, then you’ve got it double wrong.” I growled lowly.

Her eyes widen in fear and she bit (sexily) on her bottom lip, deep in thought, while averting my eyes. She sighed, frustrated. “Fine.” She drawled cutely. “But I want to sit in the back seat.” She said as she stared at me with her big tear droopy eyes. Damn if she just knew that she could ask me anything with those eyes and I would do it on commando.

“Fine by me.” I said as I opened the backseat door, gesturing for her to get inside. She hesitated for a second, but went inside nevertheless. When I knew she was fully seated, I bent over her to grab her seatbelt and fasten it secure.

“What the?” She exclaimed. “I’m not a baby.” She said, annoyed.

“But you’re mine baby.” I said a matter of fact. “I want to be sure that my baby girl is safe.”

She huffed as she crossed her arms, not liking my baby treatment towards her.

I chuckled as I closed the door; walking to the driver's seat. I can’t help it whenever I see her. I just want to do anything for her. If it was up to me, I won’t even allow her to lift a damn finger. Well, and it may also be because I always like to make sure that my victims have no way out, but she doesn’t need to know that now, does she?

The drive to her home was leisurely and calm. I looked in my rearview mirror and saw that my baby had totally dozed off; her chest slowly going up and down as she let out soft breaths through her pouty lips. A soft smile played on my lips as I gaze at her yearningly, thinking how beautiful she was.

A small chuckle escaped my lips when I thought about how cute her behavior was throughout the drive. She kept glaring at me like a hawk while she tried hard not to doze off; her eyelids wanting to rest just to be snapped open the next second, all because she was scared that I would somehow still abduct her.

She got one thing wrong, though. I remember telling her that if I wanted to kidnap her, she would have been already drugged and be sleeping in the backseat blindfolded because we don’t want our baby to know where she would live at from now on.

I scowled at the ugly sight of the unsafe building that my baby was staying at (temporally) when it came into view. I swear if it was up to me, I would command her to pack her stuff and come live with me now, but I don’t want to rush her yet. We’ve got a lifetime ahead of us and she is just not ready to see that I’m the only one for her.

I got out of the driver's seat and slightly jogged over to where April was. Not wanting to wake her up, I slowly and carefully opened the door and carried her out in my arms, where she belongs, in bridal style. I stiffen up, feeling her stir in my arms, but relaxed immediately when she went back to sleep again. She turned over towards my chest and started to nozzle against it, like a cat, releasing some purring sounds in delight.

My heart became like the thudding sound of a tennis ball hitting the ground, not wanting to calm down at all. Not able to contain it in I let out a content growl. God, can this creature get anymore endearing?

“At least your body subconsciously knows who it belongs to; now we only need to work on the conscious side.” I said, smirking widely.

Still dead asleep with ease, I carried her off to her apartment. Standing in front of the door, I realized she hadn’t locked the door, making it easy for me to pick it open.

“Damn it April, we will talk about this.” I said under my breath. Entering the apartment, it met me with a gust of my baby’s sweet natural fragrance, chocolate and mint. “Oh, God.” I said, as I could feel my lower half reacting to my woman’s overbearing scent. “Why do you have to smell so delectable?” I groaned out in frustration.

To get my mind off the amazing scent, I marched at full speed towards her room, just to realize it was an even bigger mistake. Her scent was the strongest here and there was a damn bed there. Images entered my head of what I could do with her on that bed; in what way I could make her scream my name, my real name, in a delirious voice, but it was not time yet. Not yet.

Gently, I placed my baby on her bed, removed her shoes and made sure that I tugged her in under her covers. She let out some soft, small, sad whimpers in protest of her not being in my embrace anymore. With a heavy heart, I hushed her quietly back to sleep while stroking her head in a soothing manner, whispering “goodnight” to her.

‘Ugh, she will be the death of me one day.’ I thought, shaking my head with a huge plastered grin on my face.

Me being in such a good mood now because of my baby thought why not prepare some breakfast for her for when she wakes up. She needs a balanced diet if she wants that ankle to heal quickly and ordering those disgusting junk foods every time will not do the job. I would always grimace whenever I saw my baby poisoning herself by chucking down that rubbish through her throat and thinking to myself how I wouldn’t let that happen if I was there. But because of her fast metabolism, she never really gained weight the opposite even. I think it wouldn’t be bad if she gained some few pounds. She was too light when I carried her in my arms, like feathers.

I raised up both of my sleeves and brought out some ingredients that I could find in her kitchen. Thank god that she at least had some bread lying around. With the sandwich Ciabattas bites in mind, I sliced some vegetables and preheat the oven.

When the sandwich was done, I wrapped it in a plastic wrapper, putting it in a fridge, leaving a heartfelt note behind for my baby. I also quickly went out and bought some crutches for her to use so that she wouldn’t strain her feet any worse.

And now we have to go home and watch over my stubborn little cat.

My ears perked up when I could hear from the devices that my baby was waking up. I looked at the monitor to see her slowly propping herself up in her bed, scratching at her head as she looked around her room, confused.

I chuckled. She must wonder how and when she came back to her room.

She groaned. “Of course it was him.” She muttered under her breath in her sweet, sexy, sleepy voice.

‘Yep, it was I, your future boyfriend, man and husband.’ I grinned.

Her beautiful, untamed red mane was standing up cutely in different directions. I could see a dried drool on the side of her mouth as she was still wearing the (sexy) get up from last night. ‘And right there ladies and gentlemen is a goddess,’ I thought, totally mesmerized by her.

“Ouch!” Her yelp brought me back from my thoughts. Quickly, I looked and saw April clutching her feet with a pained expression.

Private Number: “Are you okay!?” I messaged quickly.

She rolled her eyes at the buzzing sound of her phone on top of her nightstand, knowing that it was me, and grabbed it. I would have spanked her for that eye roll.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just forgot that I had a twisted ankle.” She muttered, still stroking her ankle.

It took everything in me to not break the coffee mug in my hand right now as I was raging in anger at how my baby girl had sprained her ankle because of that fucking slut, tan boy. But he won’t be safe for long, since I’m almost able to pinpoint his hidden location.

The corner of my lip curled up at the thought that tan boy’s breathing days are counting.

Private Number: “Put some ice or a cooling pad on it. I brought for you some crutches for you to use. They are leaning against the wall next to your bed.”

She glanced around and was shocked to see them standing there. Grabbing it, she gave it a one look over and used it to stand up. “You’re really well prepared. Last night too you suddenly pulled out some bandages.” She said, looking skeptically at her phone.

I shrugged.

Private Number: “Comes with the killing job. You’ll always gain some trophies out of it, so it is never wrong to carry some first aid around.”

She hummed in understanding. Light red hue appeared on her ears and for a second I could hear a quiet whispery-sounding voice just above the static noise of my devices.

“Thank you for the crutches and help.” She said shyly.

The overloading cuteness that she emitted hit my heart like a sucker punch, making me groan clutching against my chest. “So fucking precious!” it came out like a strained voice.

“Say, where did you buy it?” She asked curiously as she was hopping cutely towards the bathroom to freshen herself up.

Ah~ I really got a smart baby on my hands.

Private Number: “Why would you like to know that?” I asked, smirking at how sly my cute cat was.

She shrugged. “No particular reason. I like how comfy they are so I would like to know where you bought it so I can get it next time when something like this happens again.”

Private Number: “So it’s not for the reason to uncover my real identity by going to the store and to ask them about me knowingly that I had to pay with a card which got my real name on it?” I asked, raising my eyebrows with a never fading grin.

She flinched a little and sighed. “I tried at least.” She said as she disappeared into the bathroom.

I laughed loudly. I love how her feelings can be so transparent sometimes, but then there are times just like now when she’s great at hiding her thoughts, something that I don’t really like. If I didn’t catch on immediately, I would have just like a fool told her.

Which brings me to her bathroom. I don’t really like how I can’t even hear what’s going on in there. To put it more bluntly, I don’t like that she has space to think alone.

My baby finally came out of the bathroom freshen- and clothed up. She wore a baggy sweatpants and hoody. Her beautiful mid-long wavy hair was free and laid gently down on her back. She’s gorgeous and all mine.

Private Number: “I’ve made some breakfast for you. It’s in the fridge.”

Wide eyed with her cute button nose scrunched up, she looked warily at her phone. “You can cook? More importantly, is it safe?” She asked.

Private Number: “I can only cook the basic stuff and I won’t ever feed you something which isn’t good for you.” I said.

Still with a wary look, she walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge. “What the fuck!?” She exclaimed, ignoring my sweet note that I had left for her.

Private Number: “What?”

She pulled out the wrapped in sandwich. “Basic my ass. This looks like a classy sandwich that you would only find in magazines. Even Mc Donald’s burgers never come out decent.” She wrapped it open impatiently and took a big bite out of it, chewing on it she had on an expressionless face.

I felt nervous seeing that.

Private Number: “Is it bad?”

Her face turned into a scowl. “It’s amazing…” I let out a relieved sigh. I didn’t know that I had.

Private Number: “Then why the face?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I’m mad because it’s so amazing. How dare you create this amazing sandwich I wouldn’t be able to eat anymore!” She retorted with a pout.

I cackled at her cuteness.

Private Number: “Just be mine and I’ll cook for you every day.”

You will be mine eventually.

But the sooner the better.

3