Chapter 51: She Spits Fire Part 2
64 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mocking smiles on the men’s faces faltered in an instant when they saw the butane torch in my other hand, that was held closely next to the deodorant spray.

I stared, confused at them, blinking innocently at them as I tilted my head to the side. “Why aren’t you guys laughing anymore? Hmm, I guess you all followed your science lessons pretty well.”

“You don’t dare.” Casper sneered warningly.

Grinning cheerfully, I shrugged, the bottoms of my eyes smiling. “Oh well, you know what they say about redheads.” I paused for my expression to morph into a pissed one, the vein in my temple ticking angrily. “We’ve got a short fuse.”

The moment I placed my thumb on the ignition button of the torch and my other thumb on the button of the deodorant spray, Mark rose and made a mad dash for me. Pressing down both of the buttons at the same time caused a chemical reaction that was akin to a dragon’s fire breath, engulfing the surroundings in front of me in flame.

While running, Mark hooked his arm around my waist, throwing me over his shoulder. I grunted when my stomach made an impact on his shoulder. Speeding off faster as if I was weightless, laughing like a crazed person, he yelled, “Keep firing, kitten!”

No need to tell me that twice! Ignoring my body that kept on bouncing up and down from Mark’s monstrous running speed with a steady arm, I kept on firing, letting my burning anger to never cease.

Casper’s yelling voice that became faint as the distance between us kept on increasing demanded his goons to go after us, but the men only cast wavering eyes at the burning flame that was charring everything down to ashes; refusing to go through there to suffer third-degree burns.

In a matter of seconds, we were now standing in front of the door that led to the parking garage. Mark placed me down on the floor, my back facing the hellish fire. “Some of Casper’s men will be behind this door. The moment I open the door go find Casper’s car while I keep them busy.” Mark instructed.

Wait, what? Casper’s car? I craned my head up, staring at Mark’s side profile. “Why Casper’s car? We don’t even have his car keys.” I raised my brow, giving him a questioning look. Mark’s gaze met mine, twinkling with mischievousness before he pulled out what seems to be keys, dandling them in front of me as he grinned from ear to ear. “You mean these?”

My jaw went slack. “How-” The smoke of the fire billowed in our direction, filling my airways with undesired fumes causing me to have a coughing fit. Mark’s smile, together with the playfulness in his voice, fell away like a discarded cloak. “I swiped them when I was pinning him down to the ground. I am going to open the door now and this time listen to me and run. You hear me?” He said curtly, as he pointed warningly at me.

I nodded, giving him a quick reply. “I will.”

He offered me a small smile while placing his hand on the doorknob and commented, “Good.” Before bursting through the door in to the cold parking garage where indeed a group of men were present.

They didn’t cover the distaste on their faces before launching at us, pulling out their guns- but Mark was faster as he nailed four of them in their heads. I promptly whisked the keys from Mark’s hand and ran.

Wait. A sudden question appeared in my mind and while still running turned my head around, looking over my shoulder to inquire Mark, “How do I know which of these cars belongs to Casper!?”

He paused shortly after killing another one, “The one that screams ‘give me attention!’ now go!” He fires his gun again, the sound of that together with the screaming men resonating throughout the parking.

I run blindly, not even knowing where to start. I kept on zigzagging, twirling my head around; feeling my breath becoming more and more elaborated as my stamina depleted. What does he mean by ‘the one that screams attention’?

From the corner of my eyes, something shone brightly. Catching my attention, I ceased my running and turned my body around to gaze upon a bright orange neon colored tesla and I gasped, “Oh…” That’s certainly screaming for attention. I snapped my head around and yelled in the direction where Mark was dealing with the last pair of men, “Found it!”

Reaching the driver's seat, I pulled out the keys and fumbled around with them to unlock the car. I was about to climb in to the driver's seat when a bullet shot into the car, almost grazing me. Looking behind me in panic, I saw the guard holding a gun. I was about to pull out my own gun when an arm materialized out of thin air, wrapping itself around the guard’s neck chocking him in the process. The nozzle of a gun was placed against his temple, accompanied by a vicious voice. “Don’t fucking touch what’s mine.”

In a split second, I saw fear flashing in the guard’s dark eyes before a bullet went through his skill. The arm that held his neck removed itself, letting the body fall down on the ground, revealing Mark, who was behind him.

Stunned, I watched Mark putting the gun back in his pocket. “Let’s go.” He commented in a gruff voice as he entered the driver's seat after opening the passenger seat for me. I didn’t berate him about how he just exposed me to something horrific and got inside the car. Mark started the ignition, went in reverse, and hit the gas.

I cringed whenever the car wobbled up and down, speeding over bumps which I assumed were the dead bodies that Mark had spread around. Mark chuckles lowly and commented, “There sure are a lot of speed bumps inside the parking lot, aren’t there?”

And not a moment too soon as we drove past the door where we came out from, we saw Casper and ten other men running out of the charred hallway that the fire sprinklers has extinguished. I only released a yelp as Mark quickly shifted the gear, racing down the parking garage and ignoring the tollbooth to smash the car through its pole. He sharply turned around the corner to the main street.

When we saw the hotel behind us slowly shrinking as we drove away from it until we didn’t see it anymore, Mark stopped ignoring every traffic rule and slowed down to slightly above the speed limit. Silence filled the car and after a moment of me sitting rigidly with the seatbelt clutched tightly in my hands, I broke out in a hysterical laughter; unable to fully comprehend what all had just played out. Mark smiled, confused, asking, “Are you okay?”

“No!” I yelled, while still laughing. “I am fucking traumatized! I have been kidnapped for the millionth time, I have been put through some witch hunt.” The list that I made kept getting longer, making me laugh harder. “Oh, and let’s not forget that I was this close to losing my virginity!”

Mark's smile faltered, and his grip on the steering wheel hardened. “What the fuck do you mean by almost losing your virginity?” He asked lowly.

My laughter came to an abrupt halt. I bit down on my bottom lip, contemplating. Damn it! I felt so relieved that I just blared out everything. Now I have no choice but to explain it to Mark, but how can I explain it in a way that wouldn’t set him off too much? Ugh! Who am I kidding? No matter how I try to beatify it, it will still lead to Mark turning into Godzilla.

“Stop trying to find your way out of this and just tell me while I am still being patient.” He said through gritted teeth. I saw how his clear sky-blue eyes turned into the night sky, thunder brewing in them and I felt apprehensive watching that. There is no way that you’re being patient right now and there’s no way that I am going to tell you just to deal with your furious ass.

“There’s nothing to tell.” I muttered, my eyes trained at the window next to me.

Mark laughed dryly. “Nothing? What do you mean by nothing? You’re saying that losing your virginity against those men was nothing? You fucking enjoyed it?” He spat and I felt how my heart was getting pierced by his words.

I turned my head to glare at him incredulously. “What? I fucking enjoyed what? Yeah, I fucking enjoyed going through the same traumatizing thing as the one from my childhood.” I felt breathless from the anger that was welling inside of me.

Mark’s anger got replaced with guilt as he spoke in a soft voice, “Kitten…” and while driving stretched his other hand out to me to wipe the tears that have been streaming out of my eyes unconsciously, but I swatted it away. “No, you’re fucking right. I fucking enjoyed it so much that we had even exchanged our social medias so that we can all plan the next gangbang.” I said hoarsely, as the tears were choking me. “How can you even say that when you know my past?” I choked.

Mark winced and whispered, “I’m sorry April, I was a dick I couldn’t think straight-”

I curtly cut him off. “Yeah, I could see that, because you clearly couldn’t hear when I said that I almost got raped.” I narrowed my eyes at him while emphasizing the word ‘almost.’

Raking his hair with one of his hand frustrated he exasperated, “I made a mistake. I’m sorry April, I really am.”

“Whatever…” I crossed my arms and leaned back in to the seat while gazing out of the window again. “And the reason to why I am so bloody was because I killed the guy before he could really pillage me of my innocence.”

Shock countered Mark’s face as he eyed at me from the corner of his eyes. For a while he didn’t comment, but through the reflection of the window I could see those blue globes shifting to me every so often.

Feeling annoyed by that, I rasped, “What.” But still didn’t look directly at him.

His eyes lingered on me for a second before he aimed them back at the road and commented in a sensual voice, “I know I shouldn’t say this, but seeing you dosed under with the blood of my enemy is hot.”

Feeling utterly flabbergasted, I turned around to stare at him in disbelieve feeling my cheeks getting hot. “Are you serious right now?”

“I am always serious when it comes to you.”

I groaned, placing my head back against the window. “Just keep driving.” I grumbled in an authoritative tone, not wanting to deal with him anymore.

Mark chuckled lightly before he voiced,

“Your wish is my command, my queen.”

2