Chapter 66: To Kidnap Or To Not Kidnap Part 2
57 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mark POV

My smile stretched up even more, revealing the whites of my teeth as I mused while tilting my head to the other side, “You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemy closer. I am not called the Chess Player for decoration, you know.” Every step that I took, every decision that I had made, fell within my calculations. Everyone around me is a pawn for me to use to my advances- to reach my goal.

Just as he has accused me of, I knew months ago that he was here. Thinking at first that he was here to find and get rid of me, I wondered how to deal with him, raking my brains for any solutions until an idea materialized in my head a few weeks ago. Why not use him to create a suspension bridge effect to make April fall for me quicker? I knew how Casper operated and took that into account when I created the plan. After that, it was purely figuring out when he would kidnap us and where he would hold us- a piece of cake thus.

Chuckles were released from my mouth at the thought of how everything was moving smoothly to have caught Casper slightly off guard- his brows arching at me in confusion. I am sure that after that incident that April has realized that it was safer to be with me and that I am not as bad of a person compared to Casper. And the results of the aftermath have been really satisfactory. My sweet April may think that she is being secretive about it, but the hunger and anticipation in her eyes whenever they laid their sight on me was vibrant as the blazing sun- burning with unending passion. But as a woman who had never been engaged in any intimacy with the opposite gender, the unfamiliar ardent feeling that has blossomed in her was foreign to her- so she shies away from it.

My chuckles dwindled away and a slow smile made its way onto my face. But I’ll change that soon, as I’ll ease and coax her with my ministrations so that her body will yearn for me. I have already sparked something deep inside of her and now it’s a waiting game of when it will ignite.

It was a coincidence that I took Snake under me. I needed some extra arms, and she was the one most suited for it, but I am glad that I did. Who knew that she would come in handy as a collateral? But he doesn’t need to know that, does he?

“Who knows?” I responded indifferently with a smirk plastered on my face. Frowning in distaste at my response Casper opened his mouth to say something but his words were cut off as a dysfunction screeching noise that came from the earbud rung through my ear- causing me to hiss in pain as I clutched at my ear before removing and chucking it away on the ground.

‘What the fuck?’ I thought startled before swiftly taking out my phone to see the red dot that represented April moving at a fast pace from its place.

Cursing under my breath, I instantaneously rouse up from my seat. “I’m leaving.” I announced.

“You better don’t think that I have let go of this matter, Mark.”

“Sure,” I responded whilst rummaging through my pocket in search of something before throwing it at Casper. He caught it in his hands. Unfolding his hand, he looked at the car key that belonged to his car that I had stolen that night. “You can find it in the junkyard in case if you want to take a souvenir and-”

My fist collided boisterously with his cheek, causing him to fall down with his chair on the ground. He grunted loudly at the sudden impact.

“Boss!” The guards yelled simultaneously and were about to run to Casper who was lying on the ground but they were stopped by his loud command, “Stand down!” small shocks of turmoil went down his body as the impact of my fist was too strong for his body to withstand. Standing up slowly as he placed his hand on the desk as support, he glared at me.

The anger that had been like a vortex spiraling inside me ever since I stepped a foot inside this room finally settled down, as I was able to take it out on Casper. The only variable that I didn’t foresee in my plan was Casper holding a chasing game like that, resulting in April almost getting assaulted. And I’ll be damned if I at least don’t get one hit on him for that.

His hair that he had spent hours on styling was now in disarray, with a few locks of it falling on his forehead. “HAPPY?” He asked deliberately through gritted teeth with a fuming expression as he was holding back his anger and I relished in it, letting a devious smirk form on my face as I hummed,

“For now.” Turning around, having my back facing him- with one hand tucked in my front pocket I stuck up my other hand waving at him and said, “Oh and don’t forget to send me the information of that bastard who dared to touch April.”

“What are you going to do with a dead man’s information?” Curiosity freighted Casper’s voice followed by a grunt from the pain inside his cheek.

Turning my head to the side, I glanced over my shoulder with an ominous grin- my upper lip curled up, revealing my gritted teeth. “He may be dead, but his family isn’t.” Facing my head back forward, the grin on my face instantly faltered, leaving my face void of any emotions as I walked out of the room. I’ll make sure to send off each of his loved once and descendants to where he is, I thought menacing.

Leaving the building in big quick strides, I made my way to my car. Slamming the door shut as I sat inside, I attached my phone to the mount on the car’s dashboard so that I could keep track of April’s location.

Stepping down hard on the gas paddle, I raced down the streets as I kept my eyes on the blinking dot. I tried to call her numerous of times, but it kept going to her voicemail. “Damn it April, what’s going on!?” I muttered under a heavy breath- the knuckles on my hands turning white as I clenched tighter on the stirring wheel. Thoughts of April being taken and hurt by someone kept running through my mind, making it harder for me to keep my sanity.

I saw red and promised a vindictive dead to the ones who dared to touch what was mine. As I was closing in to the red blinking dot, I looked around as I kept ringing her phone- the panic in my body being enhanced trying to catch a glimpse of her until hair strands dyed in the fierce color of red fluttered in the wind landing in my field of vision.

A cracking sound was emitted from my neck at the force of me snapping my head to the side- my eyes widening at the sight of April stomping down angrily down the street. I immediately parked the car at the side of the road and stepped out of it, snatching my phone that was still ringing April’s phone from its mound. I run up to where she was.

Grabbing April by her wrist, I twirled her around so that she would face me- her emerald eyes broadening in shock when they saw who it was that took hold of her hand to soon accommodate hostility in them. Though relieved that my kitten was okay the feeling of my hammering heart that was caused by my enraptured mind that was filled with detrimental thoughts of what could have happened to her remained, and I couldn’t withhold the anger in my voice when I asked where she was going.

And her rebuttal answer didn’t help to calm me down, resulting in me pulling her in to an alleyway and pressing her against the concrete wall. Holding her hands above her head. I didn’t understand what brought forth this change of attitude in her when everything was fine a few hours ago; that was until she was finally vocal about what was bothering her.

“Why should I listen to your request when you don’t even listen to mine? I told you not to spy on my conversation with mom but you still did it with your stupid machine.”

So, she found out about the listening bug in the end, I thought calmly, feeling my anger subside at the sound of betrayal in her voice and answered her, “I only did that because I was worried about you. Your mom had hurt you before, so I was scared that she would do it again.”

She laughed dryly at that, glaring at me with disbelieve. “Are you sure it wasn’t because you didn’t want me to know that you were the one who told my mom about my location?”

For a moment, my face held the look of surprise, but that got quickly buried under my blank expression. In the end, her mom said something, I thought as I sighed internally. “So, you know. Is that why you are so angry?” I questioned.

“No, I am miffed because I don’t want to spend any longer with a manipulator such as yourself. You fucking pulled the strings behind my application for your company.” She stated through gritted teeth.

So, she also figured that one out. Since the cat is out of the bag, I answered her honestly. “I thought that was the best way of keeping tabs of you 24/7 while keeping you close and safe.” That only received a distasteful look from her.

I don’t get it- what is she so angry about?

“Hey man, let her go.” A man called out, bringing both our attention to him. The man slowly inched towards us, assessing the danger of the situation, and I watched how anxiety overtook April’s expression, bringing a foul taste to my mouth. Her head shook vehemently at the man trying to warn him, but that fool misunderstood her and even dared to fucking smile at her. My jaw tightened seeing the worry that was etched on April’s face grow every time the man came closer.

I don’t fucking get it. She shows more compassion to this idiot who’s walking straight to his death than me, who shows her unconditional love.

“She doesn’t like it. Let her go, otherwise I am going to call the cops.” He warned me as he continued walking towards me. You dare to get your attention stolen by this small lanky man who thinks that he some bloody hero April?

Anger was crawling under my skin, causing me to snap my hand open- cracking each of my fingers individually as my eyes were strained on the man. Would you finally see that I am better than this worthless piece of garbage if I get rid of him?

Not receiving any response from me, the man furrowed his brows, uttering, “Didn’t you hear me, man? I told you to let her go-ack!”

Swiftly I grasped for his throat, tightening my grip on me as I digged my nails into his skin. Clogging his airway with my crushing grip, he became totally reticent and the color on his face slowly disappeared- causing him to resemble to a carcass as he struggled for air.

The feeling of his heartbeat slowing down as the life in his eyes faded away made me feel delighted, bringing a smirk to my face.

“Mark!” At the frantic sound of April’s voice, my eyes darted to the side, scrutinizing her expression. The fear in her eyes was apparent, and I knew if I went ahead and killed this man in front of her, I would lose any chance with her. All the work and time that I had spent in courting her would evaporate into nothingness.

I looked back at the half-dead mongrel and gritted my teeth before letting him go to have him being dropped on the ground as he coughed for air before he looked up fearfully at me- shaking under my cold stare.

“Scram.” I commanded, and the man didn’t waste any time, scrambling away out of our sight back in to the walking crowd of people that minded their own business. I then fixed my focus back on my kitten to see her eyes momentarily widen in width; her pupils trembling in fear having me click my tongue petulantly.

Even though I let that man go, spared his life just as you wanted, you still look at me in fear. Despite your attraction to me that is growing every day, you still won’t hesitate to run away from me when the opportunity arises. Just what do I have to do to have you fully resign yourself to me? To have you fully fallen for me? To solely have me reflected in those emerald eyes?

I know that my methods of courting you are curd and perhaps inhuman, but it’s the only way that I can assure that you will be only mine.

“Yes, I’m horrible. I’m an asshole, a bastard- which ever synonym you can think of.” My voice that first came out calmly turned into a low, dangerous one. “But if it is to keep you by my side, then I don’t mind turning into the fucking devil himself, so just accept it, kitten.” I growled.

Cute wrinkles appeared between April’s brows as she pursed her lips into a thin line. “Fuck you.”

My brows raised up to my hairline in surprise. “Well, I don’t mind it if it is yo-”

“Fuck you!” She repeated angrily, cutting me off. “My life should have been an ordinary life where I would find somebody to love and raise a family with, not where my life is in danger every second that I am awake! I am sick of being manipulated by you!”

I glowered, “I think that there’s something that you need to understand-”

“Oh, shut up! What is there not to understand? Every step that I took, you had a hand in it, twisting it to your liking. I can’t even ask the bloody police for help anymore out of fear that there would be another insider there and oh! Let’s not forget our great friend Casper, who most likely is so influential that he got the military at his disposal. It’s clear Mark, I can’t run away!”

Narrowing my eyes, I moved my face closer to April’s and said in a low dangerous tone, “You better dial that tone, April or-”

“Or what?” She snapped, refusing to back down.

My lips curled up into a menacing grin. “Well, I have been itching to kill your mom. Maybe I should do it seeing how close by she is.” I said tauntingly, thinking that she would behave again but different to what I expected. She responded with a bored expression, answering indifferently. “Uh-hu.”

The smile on my face dropped all together. “So me, killing your family doesn’t frighten you anymore?” I studied her with my sharp gaze intensely, gauging her reaction to see if she was serious.

With her hands still caged in my grasp, she shrugged exaggeratingly. “Nope, because you won’t.”

My eyebrows twitched. What’s going on? I wondered as confusion overtook me. I watched at how the smirk on April’s face grew as I queried,

“And what makes you say that?”

“Because you actually love me and you won’t do something that would hurt me.”

What? I chuckled inwardly. My sweet kitten is still naïve. The corner of my lips tugged into an eerie smile. “Sure, I wouldn’t hurt you physically, but mentally would be a whole different story and you know that. I could easily kill your mother or your best friend right now in cold blood. I don’t care whether you will end up hating me forever-”

“I know.” She said, cutting my words short. “That’s why I have decided to change this stalkee and stalker relationship between us.”

Vertical lines appeared between my brows as I got warred with worry and confusion as it was the first time that I couldn’t read April’s action.

“What are you talking about, kitten?” Should I just kidnap her again? I’ll be able to whisk her off permanently with the help of Casper.

I noticed how she nervously swiped her tongue across her lips before opening and closing it a few times.

“You’ve won Mark. I will stop running away from you.”

Or maybe I should not?

2