01 A VICTIM
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Black; everything around him was pitch black except for the faint light ahead. The pain in his abdomen was bone-chilling. Jerome stared at the strange light coming through the open door from his parents’ bedroom; which shone in a sinister red glow.

His father stood near the bed, glaring at him with a blood-red knife in his arm. The red light shone on his dad’s face, and he appeared like a devil that came from hell. Fear engulfed Jerome’s mind as he stared at the vicious figure who was his father. But the scene didn’t end there; his mother got up from her bed. There was a scarlet slit across her throat from which blood was gushing out, but it was nothing compared to the blood rivers flowing from her chest. She smiled at Jerome with a wide-open mouth.

“AAARGH…” Jerome lets out a scream with which the scarlet light vanished, and everything around him turned to pitch black.

Jerome opened his eyes quickly while panting heavily. His face and body were trickled with sweat as he slowly calmed his breathing. He turned on the bed switch to reveal a well-decorated bedroom. Jerome looked at the large antique clock hanging on the opposite wall of his bedroom and confirms the time; it’s six in the morning. He got up from the bed and walked to the kitchen with a dry throat. Drinking cold water from the fridge, he was relieved; and let out a sigh. Its the second time he had the same nightmare, and this time the details were more vivid. He remembered his childhood; when a similar scene played in front of him, he banged his fist heavily on the kitchen table. He sighed again before making his way towards the bathroom.


0800 September 4th, Wednesday.

Jerome finished his breakfast quickly. It wasn’t much of a feast, just a few eggs and a couple of toasts, but considering his strict diet; it was enough calories to burn till midday. He could be said as, what can be called as a fitness freak as he always minded what he ate or worked out hard to burn enough calories. The well-built body of this bachelor was one of the best ingredients of the wet dreams of many of his colleagues. However, this man cared about no such things; his only goal was the exhibition of law. Owing to childhood traumas, the only thing he cared about was law and order. He chose this job because he didn’t want anyone to go through what he had been through himself.

Jerome’s phone rang, shattering his chain of thoughts. He answered the call, “Hello and good day, Sir. It’s Jeremiah here.”

It’s not a very good day, Jerome; I’m at a crime scene now. It's the second murder this week, and it seems that our worst fear has come true. We suspect the actions of a psychopath! The family of the dead girl is quite well-to-do; hence, the pressure on us is quite high. We need an expert here, and at present, your fame is skyrocketing for catching Lady Killer. Arrangements are being made, for your transfer. The crime scene location is in your inbox. Hurry over. His previous Chief’s voice came through the phone.

Jerome answered back, “Okay, sir.”


0800 September 4th, Wednesday.

Jerome’s car made its way out of his porch and sped through the highway.


Hello, it's me, Christopher. This is my first attempt at crime fiction, hope you people would love it. Comment your ideas and show some love. Thank you.

0