Damien (Prologue)
41 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    Religious beliefs can be harmful sometimes, especially when they call for unnecessary punishments to those for things they cannot help, such as race, sexuality, and sometimes even gender. Sometimes they can be good, though, like "be kind to others" and such. Humans tend to hide behind religion for their bigotry. Elementals are no different.

    Now, of course, you don't know what an Elemental is, or not these kind, specifically. Elemental is a blanket term for the three dominant species on Zanzus, Droggons, Drats, and Drandas. Droggons and Drats are like canine/feline combined with dragon traits, Elements included. They can only be wild dogs and cats, though, because humans don't exist to domesticate them. This form of classification is called a Sub-Breed.

    Drandas don't have Sub-Breeds, but they, like the other two species, have Elements, however, they lack two. The elements are Water, Ice, Plant, Rock and Gem, the elements Drandas can't be, Air, Lightning, Light, Psychic, Archangel, Shadow, Undead, and Devil. Undead Elementals have 3 different categories, Spirit, 'Zombie', and Skeleton. The final six listed are called the Six. They were created by the Deities, primarily Dawna, the 'Alpha Deity' so to speak. One of the Six may breed with a mortal and produce a Hox (term to be changed), which is basically a less powerful, mortal (but longer living, given no one murders them) Elemental who is part of the Six.

    Damien happened to be a Hox. He was a curse, his Falecean tribe claimed. He wasn't a voluntary child, a Devil Elemental showed up one day, force bred a female fire Dranda and left. Damien was the product of that.

    He's a caracal-based Drat, so he's slimmer naturally, but the lack of feeding has made him down-right frail, with dark purple fur and golden-tipped ears. He has feathered wings, golden paw pads, pink claws, and eyes a nice, slightly brighter shade of purple than his fur. He also has golden devil horns, and, of course, his tail. It's long, slim, and has the paw on the end. It's like his front paws in that they're hand-like, but it has pads on it, the same color as his hind paw pads.

    He used to be happy with his life. Well, he didn't hate it, but happy was a bit of an overstatement. The other Elets treated him like the dirt beneath their paws, either shunning him or 'accidentally' hurting him whenever they play fought. Damien was underfed, being an omegas pup and a 'curse' he was fed last because "Well if he dies he dies". He wasn't important to the Tribe as a whole.

    What happened to him to make him hate his life was Welding. It, as well as Chopping, are common practices on Falecea in tribes, where unique traits like Damien's on a lower-ranking Elemental are stripped from them at birth. The Alpha and the elders feared that chopping his tail off entirely would be seen as a sign of disrespect to the Deity's warning to them, so they welded a tight ring of Larifur, an iron-like metal, to the start of the hand on his tail so he couldn't use it. He was given nothing to ease his pain as the skin and fur on his tail melted together with the melting metal. After, he could still move the start of his tail around, but the fingers on the end were entirely useless.

    Until, one day, a little after his 14th birthday, Damien was hunting in his feral form. He wasn't supposed to hunt, being an Omega, but he spotted a Jarkhop, which was like a huge rabbit, in the tall grass. Jarkhops were rarely caught, and just once Damien wanted to taste the flesh the Betas talked about so much. He, once again, ate last, the very last. He was lucky if there was even anything to eat on most days.

    He wiggled his hips, about to pounce, when suddenly, something clamped down on the middle of his tail, making him yowl in pain and whirl around. It was a pair of Betas, which Damien quickly recognized as Joey and Darta. They were older Elementals, about 16, Fire Droggons. One of them was quite a bit taller than the other, because Joey was a maned wolf and Darta was a grey fox.

    "You know you aren't allowed to do that," Joey growled at him, also in his feral form.

    "And you know I don't give a shit about you guys and what you think," Damien hissed, turning with his back to where the Jarkhop had been so he could look the larger Elemental head-on. He was also in his feral form, Darta too, who was circling Damien.

    "It's not about what we think, Fuzzball," Fuzzball being quite a derogatory term. It's sort of like the slur for African Americans, "It's about tradition and what the Alpha wants. You want to challenge the Alpha? Go right ahead, see where that lands you."

    "Maybe I will." Damien hissed, before yelping as his hind leg was nipped by Darta, the Droggon gone before he could react.

    "I'd love to watch that happen," Darta grinned at him.

    "Maybe I'll kill you instead," Damien was trying to intimidate them, the fur on his body fluffing up to make him look bigger.

    "You don't scare us, Damien," Joey growled as he stepped forward, "Look me in the eyes and tell me you could win a fight with me."

    Damien felt something within him he'd never felt before, a combination of emotions. Rage, mostly, but there were a few others in there that he couldn't quite place. He knew courage was there somewhere.

    He lifted his paw up in a flash, claws extended, digging them right into the eyes of the fire Droggon in front of him. He howled in pain and jerked his head back, Damien taking advantage of the situation and tackling him back to the ground. He was in a different form now, one he wasn't even sure was his own.

    It was like his anthro form in that he was up-right, and most of his traits were the same. He could feel the extra body parts he had, like the fact that his wings were now webbed, he had four more eyes, six toes, two tails, both of which he could use the hand on the end of, strangely enough, and an extra pair of arms. The rest of his body was the same.

    Before Damien realized what he was doing, Joey's throat was in his paw. There were four large puncture wounds in his chest from the raptor-like claws on both of his middle toes from each paw, his eyes glowing purple and only purple, no whites or pupil as he tilted his head at Darta, who was just standing there in shock.

    "Do I scare you now, Darta?" He asked in a horrifying voice, far different from his previous one. Damien blinked for far longer than he'd meant to, or perhaps even he'd blacked out briefly, because when he woke up he was at the paws of the Alpha, in the same spot in the tall grass.

    His body felt normal again, but never had he felt so vulnerable.

    "A-Alpha, I-"

    "SILENCE!" The Alpha roared at him. Damien whimpered. "You've killed one of my best Betas."

    "Y-yes sir..." Damien 

    "Stand up, fuzzball." He ordered. Damien did so, back in his anthro form. He was wacked across the head hard, knocking him unconscious.

0