Chapter Three: City
34 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Three: City

 

Sebastian knew he couldn’t let this world devour him, and like before, he needed to strive. This world where monsters can actually devour him has only made him more determined. The death of his parents was something he felt upset about. He had disappeared out of their lives, however to them he was dead. He couldn’t imagine what his parents must’ve felt, after all, who would want to hear that their son died? In any case, Sebastian needed to go back to his parents house if it was even there. At least get answers as to what happened to them. 

 

The man who was sitting beside him kept throwing glances at him, wondering what was going on with Sebastian. Sebastian must’ve felt that the mood of the car was weird. He looked at this from their perspectives. They saw a person with no weapon fighting a pack of direwolves, and then says what the year was. This must’ve raised some questions; Sebastian knew no doubt about it. 

 

If he were to tell them that he was from the year 2022, the day the particle accelerator exploded, and woke up in the middle of the forest. He was sure that they would laugh and say that they didn’t believe it. However, there’s also the possibility that someone did believe him, since the particle accelerator did do the impossible, then it wouldn’t be unlikely that a person time traveled to the future. Although if he were to do this then he would gain a lot of unwanted attention, and Sebastian did not like that.

 

As for his ability to restart, he was curious as to how it worked. Each time he died; he would go back to the same position he was in when he first woke up. In this sense, he wondered if he were to sleep and wake up, and if he were to die for some reason, would he appear in the position he slept in? Again, if he were to announce this ability, the chances of something bad happening to him were high.

 

Sebastian also knew that engineering and physics are different. First off, the technology he’s seen by using the man’s phone was advanced. He had some idea of how smartphones were built back in 2022, and he could probably build one if he had the resources. But to build a smartphone that almost looked holographic was something he couldn’t do. This only made him curious as to what other technologies have advanced.

 

Now that he was in this world, he would need to get a job. Back in his time, he felt that the jobs were boring. The way jobs were back then felt like he was a slave. However, in this time of age, there were jobs where you could hunt monsters, and fight other hunters to earn money. This had made him excited, knowing full well how dangerous fighting monsters were. If he were to die, then he could always restart, right? Sebastian wasn’t sure how peaceful this world was, but he had a feeling it was more dangerous than 2022. 

 

“We're about to get to the city. Do you mind if we dropped you off at the Enlightened Hunters Organization?”

 

The black-skinned man said as he looked at Sebastian through the mirror. As he said this, the blonde-haired lady and the man sitting beside him turned their heads to look at him. Sebastian thought for a bit before replying, “Yes, thank you.” 

The blonde-haired lady smiled before speaking. “Of course, handsome. We haven’t introduced ourselves, have we? My name is Chloe,” she said before looking at the black-skinned guy, which he sighed.

 

“John,” he said nonchalantly. Chloe then looked at the man sitting beside Sebastian.

 

“Name’s Tom. What about yours, lad?”

 

Sebastian nodded his head to each of their introductions and when it was his turn to introduce himself, he wondered if he should say his real name. He sighed as he didn’t give it a thought anymore, the chance of them knowing his name was zero, besides it’s just his first name. “Sebastian,” he said calmly.

 

“Nice to meet you, Sebastian! Err…are you a hunter?”

 

“No.”

 

“You ain’t a hunter lad? You seemed to be able to hold yourself when you were fighting those packs of dire wolves. In any case, what were you doing here in the first place if you weren’t a hunter? Ah... it's none of my business,” said Tom as he didn’t want to probe too much. 

 

“Well as you might tell, we are all hunters! We’re also part of the Spark League!” 

 

Tom and John rolled their eyes. Sebastian on the other hand slightly tilted his head in confusion. “...Spark League?” 

 

As Chloe heard this, she widened her eyes in shock. "You…! Don’t know Spark League? One of the top 10 leagues in this country?!” Sebastian inwardly cringed, as he shrugged off her response.

 

“You…!”

 

“Oh, we’re about to enter the city,” said Tom, causing Sebastian to look towards the city, and as he did, his eyebrows perked up.

 

 Sebastian could see the similarities between his time and this time. The only striking contrast is that the buildings looked more structured, implementing advanced technology. He could see holographic screens in one big particular building, actually one of the biggest buildings. In the holographic screen, he saw two people, an adult male roughly around the age of 30 fighting a female who appeared to be 20. The man was using a spear, while the woman was holding an ax. They both launched at each other, throwing a barrage of attacks, with beyond speed and strength. Sebastian couldn’t help but shudder at the mere thought of fighting them, however his fingers twitched as he also felt excitement. 

 

“Hey tom, looks like your daughter is about to win again.” 

 

Tom had a smirk on his face seeing how her daughter was completely demolishing the guy he was fighting. “Of course! She’s my daughter, after all!”

Sebastian glanced at Tom and at the lady who was fighting, and he couldn’t see the similarities. The lady was way above average appearance, while Tom was…. best if not explained. ‘Probably adoption.’

 

“Alright, we’re here,” spoke John as he stopped the car, and everyone got out of it. 

 

Sebastian noticed that the building John stopped at was the building that he was watching the fight. He realized that this building must be the Enlightened Hunters Organization. He looked at the three of them and gave a slight bow. “Thank you for driving me here,” Sebastian said calmly with an indifferent face expression. Seeing this, they smiled, even John who hadn’t spoken much the entire ride.

 

“Ahaha! Don’t worry about it, lad. Are you planning on becoming a hunter?"

 

“Yes.”

 

“Good for you, I’m sure you’ll be a great hunter, not as great as my daughter though. Haha!” John and Chloe rolled their eyes.

 

Chloe then stepped up towards Sebastian with a blush on her face, while holding her phone. “Is it okay if I get your number?” 

 

Sebastian looked at her and without hesitation he replied, “Sorry you’re not my type.” Chloe hearing this jaw dropped as she shook in anger. Sebastian then turned around and entered the building, leaving Tom and John to handle Chloe. 

2