05: The Kit-Kat Twins
69 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Man, Twix wasn’t exaggerating when he said you were a celebrity now.

As you stroll through town with Min by your side, a million eyes from every direction are glued to your every move. Children, parents, even the elderly are there, talking among themselves at the sight of you.

        ”Mommy mommy! Look, there’s the human!” some bra- er, kid points at you.

        ”Hush dear. It’s not very polite to point at people.” His mom berates him, then goes back to staring at you. That's definitely not hypocritical at all. You can feel sweat forming on your forehead as your eyes glance to Min, who couldn't be more relaxed if he tried. 

        “Just ignore them.” He says, eyes focused to the front. You roll yours at his shitty advice. Easy for him to say. Min wasn’t the one being watched by literally everyone in town. But it was kinda funny how you got famous off of literally nothing. Now you could finally relate to Charli A’rmadillo, Lil' Chubby, and Addison Wave! You wish your phone had also been isekai'd with you so you could record TikToks and go viral. You pray to all the candy gods that your phone was chilling at Earth — perfectly intact. Your mother would beat you to death with a slipper if it broke, and you wouldn't blame her. Phones weren't cheap.

        “Umm, I literally can’t. I’m supposed to be memorizing the layout of this town, but it’s a little hard when you have a bazillion pair of eyes on you, don't ya think?”

He sighs, stopping in his tracks.

        ”HEY,” you flinch, instantly getting into a karate pose — ready to finally fight Min. Instead, he turns and looks at all the villagers peeping at you two.

You blink, slightly embarrassed. You lower your hands and scratch your cheek. Phew, looks like you weren't 1v1'ing him today. You weren't all that confident you could beat him.

         “Stop staring at her. You’re making her feel uncomfortable.” He narrows his eyes. “This woman is the mayor’s special guest; treat her with respect." You were about to say “but you don’t do that either!” yet you decided against it. Probably for the better.

At Min's words, people start fussing and moving about.

        ”The mayor?! She’s his guest?! Let’s go, I don’t want to piss off the future king.” A man says and the crowd disperses as easily as it formed. You stare at Min, mouth slightly agape.

You're surprised by two things. One, that Min actually helped you and two, the mere mention of Twix made everyone skedaddle.

        ”…Is Mayor Twix that influential around here?” you ask, raising a brow. Min looks at you like you’re the biggest idiot to ever step foot on Candy Land.

        ”Obviously. He’s going to be crowned king one day.” He doesn’t bother to hide his attitude. Your jaw tightens in annoyance. As always, Min was incapable of being nice.

        ”...you don’t have to have a stick up your ass all the time.” You meant for that to come out as a whisper, but Min must’ve heard it since he immediately goes on without you. "Hey, wait-!"

You quickly rush after him, desperate not to lose your only guide. You don’t remember the way back to Twix’s mansion so if you lost Min, you would be sleeping with the rats tonight. But hey, maybe you'd be reunited with your best pal, Mickey Mouse! Man, you did not miss that rat in the slightest.

        “Min! Mi-oomf! Hey—!” your voice gets muffled as you squeeze through the crowd. It’s a lot harder since all you feel is their hard, crystalized, candy bodies against your fragile, fleshy one. "Plea—mmph! I need to get through!

By the time you successfully make it out, you lose all sight of the minty knight.

        ”Oh shit.” A wave of anxiety socks you in the face.

You were so gonna cuss him out for leaving you. And you were also gonna tattletale to Twix. That is, if you're able to find him.

A hand tugs your arm, making you fall to the side. Quickly stopping the fall with your shoes, you immediately whip your head around to look at the perpetrator.

        "What the fu-" you start, eyes widening.

 It was…a kid? To be more precise, it was a girl. She wore a frilly, scarlet dress — her brunette hair held up by a cherry, silk ribbon. There was a taller boy next behind her, his face covered in sweat. He fidgeted with his hands. He wore a dark red shirt with white stripes and overalls. His pants were crimson colored. The girl had a silent and monotonous expression, almost like she was analyzing your face. You suddenly feel very self-conscious. Hopefully she wasn't staring at your black heads.

The girl and boy looked like gender-bent versions of each other. Fraternal twins perhaps? You quickly snap out of your thoughts.

        "Er, can I help you?" you frown at the girl. Her tight grip remains on your arm. You raise a brow. "Can you let go? It's rude to grab someone.”

Her eyes widen in surprise, flickering to her hand grasping your arm. As if realizing for the first time that she grabbed you, her cheeks turn a darker shade. Her hand releases you.

        "O-oh, my bad!" she scratches her cheek, "Are you alright, lady? Did I hurt you?"

You blink, getting more confused by the second. You flop your arm around to get rid of any potential cramps. This girl, who looked around fifteen, had a monstrous grip. What kind of arm workouts did she do??

        "Um, well my bones aren't broken or anything so yeah. I think.” You cough. "Who are you though? Why'd you suddenly grab me?" you were literally in the middle of trying to find Min, and now these two fetuses spawned out of nowhere, cock-blocking your way. "I'm busy right now, so if you don't mind, toodles!—"

        "Wait!" she yells. Her brother flinches, rapidly blinking. More sweat starts to decorate his already anxious looking face.

        "K-Kat, maybe we should just go." He nudges her with his elbow. 

        "Not when we're right in front of her, Kit! We might never get another chance like this!" her eyes dart back to you, a determined, almost fiery expression on her face. "Lady, are you the human who supposedly dropped out of the sky?

You stare back in a dumbfounded manner. Could someone please explain what the fuck is going on?

        "Umm, I dunno if god kicked me out of heaven and landed me here but yeah, I'm human."

Kat's eyes immediately start sparkling at your response, looking like she’s going to start drooling any second. Red hue spreads across her cheeks. Even the anxiety disappears from Kit’s face as he looks at you in equal awe. You back up, frowning at these weird-ass kids.

Wait, was it even a good idea to answer her question? You were a celebrity at the moment though. If you didn’t tell her, she would eventually find out. Maybe they were fans asking for an autograph! Sadly, you didn’t have the time to spare right now. You would ask Twix to mail your autograph to them later.

But what exactly were their names? Kit? Kat? 

You freeze. You hear the sound of a click — puzzle pieces connecting together in your head.

No way. Nawww, this had to be a joke. Your body trembles, holding in your laugh with everything you got.

Were these twins the humanized version of the Kit-Kat bar? You want to giggle so, so bad.

Now that you thought about it, it made a lot of sense. Kit-Kats always came with two chocolate covered wafers. There was also a split down the middle so you could break them evenly apart. You glance at the two siblings. Yep. With their brown and red color scheme and nearly identical faces, this was the easiest one by far. You sigh, rubbing at your temples to suppress your growing headache.

Man, this world just kept on getting more and more ridiculous. Every time you just managed to adapt to this weird lifestyle, the candy gods chuck an Almond Joy at your head from candy heaven to restart the whole process. Especially since 'Kat', the ferocious-looking girl, yoinked your arm for no reason. Though Kit, the one sweating bullets, must've tried to talk her out of it judging from his face that screams 'I dont want to be here pls send help'.

Yet she still did it anyways. It definitely wasn't obvious who the older sibling was, despite the height gap and all.

But you didn't have time for this. Right now, you had a man to find. He was your only guide back to the mansion, unless you could somehow remember the way to the library and then ask Hershe for help. But Min couldn't have gone that far, right?

        "Bro, I gotta go asap" you say, turning around again. "Can't sign any autographs right now! Sorry!"

Kat doesn't yell at you to stop in your tracks this time, so you think you're finally free to go. But as you're about to walk away, she calls you one last time.

        "Lady! Please accept this lollipop as an apology. Sorry that I got too excited and grabbed your arm." She smiles and flutters her long lashes. "I hope we meet again soon!” your eyes glance down. In her hand is a DumDum, but coincidentally, it's your favorite flavor! Grabbing it, you smile back.

        "Thanks!" looks like she wasn't so bad after all.

Quickly unwrapping the lollipop, you pop it in your mouth and walk forward. This lollipop tastes weird but you shrug the small detail off. Alright, now where was that minty man?

Wait! Maybe Kit or Kat saw him. Even in this world of humanized talking candies, Min still managed to stand out. You would never admit out loud but his looks were right up your alley, unfortunately. You turn back to face the twins.

        "Uhh, hi again! By any chance have any of you seen this white-haired, tall, pretty buff, armor wearing-" a force hammers into your skull and you wince from the pain. What the- what's with the surprise migraine?! It feels like someone picked up a cement brick and whacked your head with it. Stumbling back, your eyelids feel as if there's boulders weighing them down.

And suddenly, the sweet taste from the lollipop gets replaced with a bitter, cyanide taste. You immediately spit the DumDum out, but it’s already too late. What the, hell to the naw naw naw. This was not happening.

        "Kat, what was in that DumDum?!” you shout, "This better all be for a Youtube social experiment or I might just throw these hands!” 

 Kit looks at his sister in horror. He shakes her arm rapidly.

        "Kat?! What did you do to her?! What did you put in that lollipop?!”

She frowns. "Sorry Kit, but I've been waiting for a chance like this my whole life! There's no way in hell I'm letting it slip by me now." 

You're about to scream some very naughty words at her when the dizziness overpowers you. You’re half expecting to get a second dose of amnesia by hitting your head on the cobblestone floor. Before that happens, you feel a pair of arms gently wrap around you.

The last thing you see is the apologetic expression on Kat's face before submitting to your slumber.


Unbeknownst to you, Min didn't walk off without you on purpose. Instead, he had accidentally gotten wrapped up in his thoughts after telling you that Twix would eventually take over as king. But for that to happen, King Kandy would need to pass away.

Min’s mind went to the king's cracked heart. It had been nearly a decade since news of a large crack in King Kandy's heart had gone public. Even if Queen Frost came back, he wouldn't have that many years left due to old age.

Yet the people weren't concerned since Twix was next in line for the throne, and oh boy, did they adore him. He was kind, responsible, and attractive to boot — immensely popular with the ladies, whether he knew that or not. He was also mayor for over five years now and in some people's eyes, Twix had already replaced his bedridden father as the ruler of Candy Land.

But...if Queen Frost was cured, wouldn't that mean she would take over as the monarch? The thought of serving under her again, redeemed or not, churned Min's stomach in disgust. In his mind, his only master was Twix. Especially not the queen who ordered the execution of him and his family.

He halted. 

Wait.

The knight turned around, panic rising in his chest. And when the sight of a familiar person wasn't there, the anxiety tripled. His eyes quickly scanned the crowd. There was no sight of you.

        "Shit, shit, shit." He cursed under his breath. "[Name], [Name]! Where are you?!" Min called out. If only he had turned around moments before-! "[NA-" he stopped.

No. It was okay. You couldn't be in any danger, most likely lost somewhere. Maybe a little tired at the worst. He tried to calm himself down, yet the thoughts continued to run through his head. 

But...what if you were in danger? What if you were somewhere, calling out for someone to help you? For him to help you?

Min froze, then taking off at a frantic speed to the library. Using Hershe's magic, they could find you asap! As he ran, he could hear his heart beating rapidly in his chest. It was weird, he hadn’t felt this panicked in years. 

People stared after the running knight, but he only quickened his pace in hopes of finding you faster. 

        "....[Name], please be safe." 


When you woke up, the first thing you noticed was that you were tied to a wooden chair. Your arms were restrained by rope behind you.

Yeah, this confirmed it. You got kidnapped. And by a pretty, teenage girl of all people. What has the world come to? 

Technically, you were the one who accepted the lollipop and immediately popped it in your mouth. But to cut you some slack, you didn’t expect for her to drug you. 

 A thought amuses you while you try to wiggle out of the ropes tied around your stomach and legs. What if you had decided to save the dum-dum for later? Would Kit and Kat just follow you around all day, stalking you from behind a tree, waiting for the moment you would collapse? The thought was funny.

But why did Kat kidnap you in the first place? You knew it definitely had something with you being a human.

You blink.

Wait…did she have some kind of weird, human fetish?! Gross. Even in a different world, you couldn’t escape from people’s strange fetishes and fetishization of minorities in general.

The door to the right swings open and you immediately glance towards it, preparing for one, if not both of the twins to appear.

But imagine your surprise when a sweet-looking old lady walks in instead.

        ”Hello dearie,” she gives you the signature adorable granny smile. “Care for some tea?” 

Wow. Okay. You did not expect that.

        ”Umm, sure?” your eyes widen in realization. Wait. Did she say tea? Ever since the candy gods shat you out of the sky, you haven’t had a proper glass of water. All your available drink options ranged from milk to soda. Just kidding. Those were your only options. Heck, even mayor-prince Twix drank Red Bull. “W-what type of tea is it?”

        ”I hope you’re okay with Jasmine, it’s my granddaughter’s favorite.” The old lady sets the tea tray on the table, carefully pouring you a cup of the floral scented drink. Then she blows on it and with shaking hands, brings it up to your lips. Tears prick at your eyes. Finally a non-sugary drink besides milk! 

        “Thank you ma’am. It’s delicious!” your eyes dart down to your tied-up body. “Do you think you could get these off me though? I gotta itch the back of my neck.”

Grandma stares at you, setting down the tea cup.

        ”I’m afraid I can’t do that, my dear.” 

        “Oh. Why?”

She looks over at the brown dresser to your right, picking up a photo frame. Grandma’s expression softens and she walks over to show you. There, you see a photo of a much younger Kit and Kat, posing for the camera. Wait, they have cameras here? You were just going to assume they took it with magic. 

They looked like tiny, itty-bitty kindergarteners in this. You would’ve melted from how cute they were if one of them didn’t drug you.

        ”My little Kat wouldn’t be very happy then.” She lifts a wrinkly finger and points to her. “Look at my darling. She’s adorable, isn’t she? So is my sweet Kit.” Grandma smiles, glancing up at you.

        ”Awww.” Yeah, Kat was cute when she wasn’t out kidnapping people. 

Then the door swings open again, this time with the faces you were expecting.

        ”Abuelita!” Kat walks over. “There you are! I was wondering where you went. What are you doing here?” Grandma picks up the tea tray, giving her granddaughter a peaceful look. 

        “I was just serving your guest some tea while you were out! Here dearie, try some — it’s your favorite.”

The teenager takes a sip, her expression turning sour. “Ugh, Jasmine? Abuelita, I told you I don’t like how flowery it tastes!” she hands it to her brother. “Here Kit.”

He immediately downs the tea in one gulp and places it back on the tray. Grandma gives him a satisfied smile before taking the tea tray and walking out, leaving you alone with the twins.

They turn to look at you. You stare back with a neutral face, wondering what they’ll say after kidnapping you. Out of all the things, you did not expect them to immediately drop to the floor and bow their heads down.

        ”Please forgive us lady!” Kat shouts. “I didn’t know any other way to get you back home! I’m willing to take any punishment for your forgiveness!”

        ”P-please forgive us!” Kit then pauses, blinking in realization. “Wait — Kat! Why am I apologizing when you were the one who handed her that lollipop?”

        ”Because you were the one that tied her up.” Kat responds matter-of-factly.

        ”Oh...” Kit immediately places his forehead back on the floor. “Please forgive me, miss! My sister is super scary when you don’t listen to her!” Kat sends him a glare.

You blink. What the hell.

        ”Umm, okay that’s nice and all but can you untie me? I really have to itch right now.” The boy quickly snaps his head up, practically flying to get your ropes off. 

        “O-of course, miss!”

He releases you from the restrains and you let out a sigh of relief, finally being able to itch the back of your neck.

        ”So,” you look between the two “imma need answers. Why the fuck did you kidnap me?”

Kit winces from your tone and elbows his sister. “Kat, aren’t you going to show her the diary?”

        ”Oh! Yes! Duh.” Kat runs out the door. “Be right back!”

A silence overcomes the two of you as you awkwardly stand there, Kit avoiding your eyes. You cough and he looks up.

        ”Did you guys really have to tie me to a chair? Also, can you tell me how long it's been since I...fell asleep?”

        "U-ummm, it was Kat who ordered me to do it. She was afraid you would run away the moment you woke up.” He answers. You deadpan at his response. “But it’s been around twenty minutes since we brought you back to the casa.”

Your face pales at his response. Min was definitely far gone by now, and it was all thanks to these brats. Oh, you were so gonna tattletale to Mayor Twix after this. And sue them. If that was a thing here in Candy Land. What even was the currency here? Candy pieces? On second thought, you had enough sweets for a lifetime.

        ”Honestly, I give her brownie points since she’s right. I would try to run away but then I’d be back with the police.” You cross your arms. Kit stares at you, puzzled.

        ”Police?” Whoops.

        ”I-I mean, guards. I’d be back with the guards.” Upon hearing that, his eyes widen and he lowers his head like a dejected puppy. You almost feel evil, despite him and his sister literally drugging and dragging you to their house. Though speaking of house, you look around. 

Although it was nowhere near as big as Twix's mansion, it was quite the adorable and calming residence. You were in the kitchen right now and you could see a flight of stairs outside the door. The wallpaper was leaf patterned and there were family photos hung up, some of them with a faint image of a man and a woman — probably Kit and Kat’s parents. You’ve seen neither of them so far.

        “Kit, where’s your parents? Are they at work? I gotta talk to them asap about the stunt you two pulled today.” You say, tapping your foot while still crossing your arms. You were letting your inner Karen slip out but you didn’t care. They should be grateful you weren’t trying to rip out their scalps and break their spinal cord. At the mention of his parents, Kit freezes up.

        ”They’re….umm…” he looks away. “They passed away when we were kids.”

Oh.

You suddenly feel very guilty. Quickly turning back around, both of you avoid eye contact with the other. The awkward atmosphere returns and you almost thank Kat in tears when she returns. In her hands is a small item with a leather wrapping around it.

        ”Got it!!~ she sings, doing a severely extra twirl and then presenting you it. “Here’s the diary that’ll answer all of your questions! Fyi, it belonged to a human just like you, lady, errr,” her face scrunches up

        ”[Name].”

        ”[Name]! Yeah, just like you, [Name]!” 

You sigh and take the diary from her, opening to the first page. The paper is tinted yellow meaning this had to be pretty ancient. 

Private Diary of Joe Seyfried                                                                                                                                                            

You flip to the next page. The first thing you see isn't the text, but the colorful annotations written neatly in pen all along the margins. Certain words are highlighted in yellow as well. 

        "What's with the annotations?" you ask. Kat flushes.

        "Oh! Sorry, I'd get so excited reading that I would add my thoughts and questions to the side!" Huh. The only time you ever annotated was for your English classes. Was it that fun? Maybe you’d give it a try and create one of those aesthetic journals like on TikTok. Wait, was that called journaling? Whatever.

Your eyes dart back down.

My name is Joe Seyfried, I will be using this diary to keep records of my time here.

A month ago, I was transported to a world in which the residents call Candy Land. My first thought was that it was a beyond ridiculous name, and that I must've drank too much the night before. Yet from what I've seen, it's certainly fitting. While it's nearly impossible to explain this world without sounding mad, I will try. Candy Land is inhabited by those that look identical to us humans. They have eyes, internal organs, and even speak the same language as we do. However, their blood is far from the same. We bleed red, they bleed cherry syrup.

You look up, still holding onto the diary. The twins stare at you like puppies expecting you to throw a bone at them. Kat looks like she wants to bounce off the walls while Kit is clearly waiting for your reaction. You cough, trying to hold in a laugh. You've been with these candy humans for three days already, yet the thought of their blood being...syrup amused you to no end. You continue reading.

I have no memories of how I arrived in this strange world. For one, I was lucky to wake up in front of the Candy Castle. I met with the king himself and was questioned about how I got here. I couldn't answer. My memories were in shambles. However, His Majesty smiled and told me I could stay in one of the palace's guest rooms. I was brought to tears by his kindness! Our blood might be different, yet we were still brothers at heart.

You resist the urge to roll your eyes. Joe sure had a way of writing.

I asked His Majesty for a way to get back home — to Earth. He simply replied that he might’ve known of a way, but it would require a few drops of human blood. I agreed to his words. It was a tiny price in my opinion. In the meantime, the king told me to focus on recovering my memories. It's been thirty days since I've arrived, yet I've only managed to remember bits of pieces, all were no help on finding out how I got here. I was lucky I even remembered my name.

You slowly nod at the entry. Over the course of three days, you managed to recover some of your memories. Though none of them told you how you arrived in this weird candy world. A week hadn’t even gone by, so you weren't that concerned. But now you understood why Kat had kidnapped you. She wanted to show you this diary, written by a human named Joe. You resist the urge to make a Joe Mama joke.

Your fingers idly flip through the pages. You didn't count that many — maybe around twenty? Wait. Your eyes sparkle in realization. Doesn't that mean that Joe was able to return back to Earth after a little bit? With a smile on your face, you close the diary.

        "Okay, umm, thanks for showing me this I guess? But that doesn't take away the fact that you literally kidnapped me twenty minutes ago." You cross your arms disapprovingly, like a mother about to scold or beat her kids' asses. "You could've just handed me it or invited me over for tea. Not give me a fucking drugged DumDum."

Kat flushes, scratching her cheek.

        "I — well yeah…I admit I was a little reckless, but, you, you don't understand! I've been waiting for literal years for someone like you to arrive!" she shouts. You raise a brow. 

        "Someone like me?" 

        "A-a human!" she grins, grabbing onto one of your hands. Man, these candy people sure were touchy. "Please! Tell me all about Earth! Is—is it true you guys use telephones?" You snort.

        "Telephones? Nah, that's ancient! Nowadays, everyone uses this portable cellular device called a phone. It's like a rectangle, but you can call or text people with it!" you enthusiastically say. Wait. Not you getting sidetracked. You're about to facepalm when you look up and see Kat literally vibrating with excitement from your words. She starts breathing heavily, like a fan meeting their favorite celebrity, and turns to Kit, shaking him by the shoulders.

        "This, this is it Kit! See! I was right! My wish came true! Now she can answer all our questions!!!"

Kit blinks, obviously dizzy from his sister shaking him. He touches his head and groans. "I guess. I'm really happy for you Kat, but I've told you countless times that I'm not really interested in this 'Earth stuff'. But you never listen to me!"

        "Yeah, because your opinion is lame!" Kat says, sounding like a milder case of a Twitter user. "Once you listen to Miss [Name]'s stories, I'm sure you'll become as big of a fan as I am!"

Now you really understood the situation. Although you didn't want to admit it, Kat reminded you of those crazy K-pop stans, the ones who would stalk their biases and shit. Sometimes, they would even harm the idol. You remember reading an article about a fan giving cookies to their bias, but she actually put needles inside of them on purpose. The idol was later rushed to the hospital. And now you were in a similar situation, except you were a regular human and not a celebrity. Well a talented one at least. But in Kat's eyes, you must've been more than that — you must’ve been a god

        "Guys, look." You rub your temples. "As much as I would love to rant about Earth, let's do it some other time. I, like, really need to get back to my errrr, escort?" you didn't really know how to describe Min. "So yeah. Just drop off a letter to Mayor Twix or something and we can talk like I don't know, tomorrow.” Your legs start trailing to the door when Kat stops you by your hand. 

        "W-wait! Miss [Name], you can't just leave like that!" she pleads. "I've, I've been waiting for you to come for five years now! Please! Just answer a few questions before you go!" you frown.

        "I'm sorry but I already told you, I can’t!” you were getting a little freaked out. "Hey, didn't you say you would accept any punishment for kidnapping me? If you let me leave right now, I won't press charges.” You lied, you were definitely pressing charges. 

You manage to pull yourself away from her grasp.

        "K-Kat, [Name]'s right. We've already kept her for long enough." Kit gently says, going up to her and grabbing her hand. "Maybe we should go see if abuelita needs any help with the garden...!"

Kat's eyes dim.

        "No!" she slaps his hands away, surprising both you and Kit. "You—you don't understand how important this is to me! How long I've dreamt of this happening!" she grinds her teeth, her gaze hardening. One thing becomes increasingly obvious by the second; Kat's not gonna back down. But neither are you. "Miss [Name], you’re coming with me now!" 

She lunges herself at you like a wild animal and you drop the diary from the collision. Your head hits the hard, ceramic kitchen tile.

        "OW!" you cry out from the pain. Strong arms wrap around your waist and hold you down as Kit looks on in horror. You grab a fistful of Kat's hazelnut hair, trying to yank her off you or pull her weave off. You were fine with either or. She clenches her jaw and holds on tighter. You curse at her.

"Dawg, what are you doing?! GET your stalker stan ass off of ME before I sue your stinky a-"

A loud thud from the living room makes all of you jump.

You blink in surprise. Did Kit and Kat's abuela fall down?! You hope not. She was super nice, even though her grandchildren were major weirdos.

But like a knight in shining armor — literally — a white haired male stands at the kitchen door entrance, panting. His face is covered in sweat. This is the first time you've seen a desperate look instead of his usual expressionless one. He glances down at you and Kat wrestling on the kitchen floor, eyes widening. And then, he unsheathes his sword and stares daggers at the girl on top of you.

        "Get away from [Name] right now." 

Then a familiar maid rushes in and stands next to him.

        "My lady! Are you alright?!" she lets out a gasp at the sight of you on the floor. Angered, Joy immediately holds her hands out and a tiny tornado dances to life, becoming increasingly bigger by the second. Pots, pans, and the photos on the wall clatter back and forth as the tornado threatens everyone in the room. Glass cups and mugs wobble off the shelf before shattering onto the floor. Kit yelps in surprise and gets out of the way.

        "Let go of my lady or I'll destroy you and this whole house, scoundrel!"

You lay there, mouth agape. First Min, now Joy?! Also since when did she become so violent?! Or have wind magic?

Then, as if you're in a scene in k-drama where all the love interests are saving the main character's pathetic ass, your eyes catch a glimpse of brown, glossy shoes entering the room. You angle your chin up to see the owner. Warm, empathetic golden eyes peer back down at you, making your heart flutter. Then, the male steps in the middle of Min and Joy, placing a hand on her shoulder and shaking his head.

She frowns and slowly decreases the size of the tornado until it eventually sizzles out. Kat perks her head up and blinks, an expression of pure horror spreading across her face as if she just realized the current situation.

        "Kat Nestlé." Twix peers down at her with alarmingly cold eyes. Even though you're not the recipient of his stare, shivers are sent down your spine. "As your prince and future king of Candy Land, I command you to step away from Miss [Name] at once."

2