91 And Afterwards You Wake Up, Part Four
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tsuyoshi kept making sad faces and avoiding Angharad, and Jin kept trying to stop her from going outside on her own at all, which was super annoying in general. But his overbearing concern was actually pretty easy to escape.

Angharad was enjoying a quiet morning walk when Neo limped out of the hospital, wrapped in enough bandages that he could have been in a mummy movie. He looked small and diminished. He winced with every step and his steps were uneven, which didn't make sense to her when he hadn't been that injured when he went into the hospital.

She watched the way his right arm clutched at his left side as he made his slow walk across the camp and felt... a strange stirring of sympathy. He was mean and nasty and unwilling to help people, sure, but he was trapped in Zapville, too. It wasn't like he was having any more fun than she was.

Should she follow? She looked around to see if anyone else was watching. Oh, of course there was, Tsuyoshi standing in the distance, face grim. He looked away as soon as she looked at him. If he had to save her from another situation of her own making she'd accept that. She followed Neo's path to one of the empty sheds.

He must have slipped through the gap left by the slightly open door, but it creaked when she pushed it open. Neo spooked like a wounded animal, bristling all over, but when he finally turned all the way around he was just a boy holding a gun.

"Stand back. I'm going to do it. You can't stop me!" he said.

His voice was rough. His face looked like he'd bitten at his lower lip until it tore open.

"I don't even know what you're going to do," she said.

He started to laugh, a guttural sound that felt like it belonged with tears. And when he lifted the gun he turned it on himself.

Someone pulled her back by the elbow before she heard the shot. All she saw was the blood splatter.

"Don't look," in her ear, in Tsuyoshi's voice.

0