125 And the last was…
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Paris was filthy, crowded, and smelled like piss. Tsuyoshi couldn't have been happier to stroll its streets.

Sophie had made him take a holiday and maybe, he thought as he bought tacky crap, expensive art books and endless greasy bread, he might even be enjoying himself. It was even possible that he was becoming someone who might be a functional human being some day.

He looked into a window to spy on expensive clothes nobody should buy, just for the joy of judging the ugly things rich people would wear. And then was surprised at who he saw in the reflection beside him.

His arms wrapped around Angharad's body before he finished turning to look at her.

"You're alive," he said.

"People usually start with 'hello'."

"Hello."

He only leaned back far enough to look over her face and make sure she was real. "I like your haircut." He touched the ends of the soft strands and her exposed neck.

"Thank you. Somebody should."

Her smile was that missing puzzle piece he'd been looking for.

"I can't stay long," she said. "I kind of might be an international fugitive from an evil government that collaborated with a sadistic robot. Jin didn't even want to stay this long."

He looked around and saw only the vaguest hint that Jin was the one watching them from a block away. Jin might have grown up but Tsuyoshi was pretty sure he could recognise that petulant body language anywhere.

"Oh, is that how it is? I hope he's good in bed."

She squeaked and smacked his shoulder. "It's not like that!"

"There's no shame in using him for sex. He's definitely up for that."

"You're the worst." She buried her head against his shoulder.

He leaned his head against hers. She'd gotten tall, maybe even reaching his height. He'd missed too much.

"I am the worst. Why do you like me?"

Her voice was soft and small. "You're the brother I never knew I always wanted. I think the first day I saw you I realised you'd be the non-romantic love of my life."

"Why me? I was terrible to you. I said cruel things and didn't speak to you for months."

"Family are sometimes estranged."

He pushed her head up with gentle hands so he could look at her again. Her eyes were bright with amusement. They might be the same age now, but he still felt like a big brother type as he kissed her forehead.

She touched his face. "Love is ugly, Tsuyoshi, but I love you anyway."

"I love you, too," he said.

He let her go and she merged into the crowd and disappeared. And then there was just him and Paris and hope.

THE END

0