Chapter 1
145 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up to being surrounded on all sides by what I thought were giants, as the bright light and loud sounds confused me I felt myself being picked up and lowered into water then being tightly wrapped up in something as I was passed from one giant to another. This one just held me to her chest and smiled at me.

 

I had tried moving but found I had no strength being wrapped up as I was, I had tried talking but only weird cries came out from my mouth. Through it all the woman holding me was heaving in deep breaths but seemed happy. As I continued to struggle and shriek I felt myself getting more and more sleepy until I just blacked out.

 

It had taken me two weeks of doubting my own sanity to come to two conclusions, one that I had been reborn, and let me tell you this is the one I think has a lower chance of being what happened, and the other that the shot I took to the head had not killed me but left me mentally insane. But I decided that since there was nothing I could do about the second choice I might as well go with the first and treat this as me actually being reborn.


 

The first thing I realized about being reborn is that all the stories you read about it happening put one hell of a good spin on being a baby. Being unable to move on your own, lift your own head or control your bowels is something I was happy about not remembering my first time around going through all this.

 

All the previous knowledge and understanding I had did not help me with the instinctual need for food or suppressing the instinct to ask for that food by straining my vocal cords to the limit. The only issues with my methods being that they were identical to the ones for asking to get changed from sitting in my own filth, luckily enough my mother seemed pretty adept at telling the difference between the two quickly and has always handled it efficiently.

 


 

It has been around a month now since my birth and I was starting to get an understanding of the consistency of my new family. In this world I was not an only child, far from it in fact as it seemed that besides my parents I also had an older brother who looked to be about 14 , and an older sister aged about 7. Without understanding the language however everything I heard seemed to go in one ear and out the other, the best I could figure out my brother’s name was Tom and my sister’s Judy, as for my parents from the similar forms of address I was guessing they were calling my parents different words for “mom” and “dad” and hadn’t been yet able to figure out their names.

 

Having to take 12 naps a day as well as everyone always baby-speaking to me made it hard to try and pick up the language but I figured out “mom” and “dad” in another day and had wanted to try to surprise them by speaking. My plans all went out the window however when I figured out that for that my vocal cords were working and I could scream for all I was worth, my new body's tongue and lips didn’t have the muscle memory in order to create the sounds I wanted.

 

That night as I was trying to figure out how to speak everything changed. I was staring blankly in concentration at the wall of my crib when in front of my eyes a block of text appeared:

 

Status :

 

Name : Ajax

Level :1

Experience : 0/100

Traits: Child, Divine Witness

 

Health: 20/20

Mana: 70/70

Stamina : 5/10

Vitality : 2

Strength : 1

Endurance : 1

Dexterity : 1

Intellect : 25

Wisdom : 16

Mind : 7

Perception : 4

Stat Points : 0

Skills :

 

Nothing made sense, it wasn’t that I didn’t know what this was, I had read enough stories that I had tried in those first 2 week for more hours than I’m comfortable admitting to try to bring up something like this but nothing worked yet now it pops up out of nowhere for no discernable reason in the middle of the night.

 

The fright sends my infant instincts into overdrive and I start bawling my eyes out. It takes seconds for my mother to come into the room, disheveled as if she had just woken up, and check if I am hungry or in need of changing. When she reasons that I am not in need of food or a new cloth diaper she starts to worry. I next see my dad coming into the room sleepily rubbing his eyes as he listens to the worried torrent of words coming from my mother only to say a soft calm reply. As soon as he finished his words my mom get a look of realization on her face after which she calms down and puts sways me to sleep.

 

Naturally I try to resist, after she successfully calmed me down I try to figure out what happened and what is this Status. Unfortunately my past few hours of learning to speak combined with the drowsiness from calming down from a tantrum lets her gently put me to sleep without me figuring anything else out.

 


Silvia P.O.V :

The sound of Ajax crying woke me up, looking out the window lets me see it must be the middle of the night, and I slowly get out of bed and walk over to the baby room next door. Thomas and Judy are managing to sleep on the other side of the house so I hurry to quiet him down before he wakes them up.

 

I reach in the crib and lift him up to check if he needs to be changed but that doesn’t seem to be the issue. Afterwards I try to feed him but it seems that he isn’t hungry either. Its at this point that I start to get worried. Yes babies are known to cry for no reasons but this is the first time Ajax has done so.

“I don’t know what's happened! He’s not hungry and he’s clean, he just won’t stop crying.” I worriedly tell Sam as I see him enter the room.

 

He looks at me with tired eyes and seems to think for a moment then calmly responds. "It's the first day of Summer, his status must have just unlocked and it scared him”.

 

Hearing the logical reason I realize that yes it does make sense. Being awake at all hours to feed the baby I had lost track of days and didn’t notice that today was the first day of Summer. I instantly relaxed and started to calm Ajax down then put him to sleep.

4