Chapter 3
80 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been 7 cycles since I gained my status, at least according to my Child trait and I have found out that each cycle has 36 days. In this time life seems to have gone on all around me, my mastery of the local language has been increasing and I have learnt that my parents are called Sam and Silvia, that my older brother is very interested in me for some reason while my sister seems to just be following him around all day.

 

My mother seems to be a seamstress and my father a blacksmith, but onto more important news it was just yesterday that I had found enough power to crawl. It has been a worthwhile achievement and I am looking forward to exploring my new home.

 

Being satisfied with myself I pull up my status screen to see my improvement

Name : Ajax

Level :5

Experience : 150/800

Traits: Child, Divine Witness

 

Health: 20/20

Mana: 15/80

Stamina : 5/30

Vitality : 2.53

Strength : 2.08

Endurance : 3.02

Dexterity : 1.79

Intelect : 26.03

Wisdom : 18.07

Mind : 8.76

Perception : 4.50

Stat Points : 88

Skills : [Meditation Lvl 9][Sense Mana Lvl 7][Expel Mana Lvl 6][Mathematics Lvl 3]

 

Of all that I have figured out in these months is that first of all stats get harder to increase as points go up, Eduarence having increased to 3 from constant workout but Mind only to 8.76 despite working for longer. That Vitality is extremely hard to level and that the points from my Child trait seem to be gradually given through a drip feed having given half a point in all my stats in about half 7 and a half cycles out of 150.

 

Other news I have found out is that this world also has days of 24 hours, so there is a small victory in that and that their seasons also last 3 months - or cycles as they are called here. Besides the longer months though the big difference comes from this world having 5 seasons besides the usual of Spring Summer Fall and Winter they also seem to have the season called &$#%*( it is not a word I have learnt yet but it does seem to be a word also used for something else as I have heard it in another context).

 

One of the things I did figure out is that this world named its seasons after its gods and that each season is named after the god that is said to be empowered at that time. Which makes sense seeing as I was born in Spring and he is also the god that gave me my other Trait.

Meaning that the scrambled letters in my other trait mean Spring, the language looks so weird written down that I dread having to learn how to write it, but if I learnt anything in my last life it's that putting in the work early and not taking shortcuts is the way to the top. So my foreseeable future seems to be crawling and exercising my muscles learning the language and spending my mana.

 


 

It has now been 32 cycles since my rebirth and a lot has changed. I can fully understand the language and am capable of speaking, though I refrain from making any really intelligent sentences and am trying to seem like the usual 3 year old - or I guess two year old; as in this world the years are longer. That's going to take some getting used to though at least now it makes sense why the child trait disappears at 150 cycles: it's when I would be 10 years old.

 

Tom is approaching that age himself and will be 10 as the next cycle hits. That's another weird thing about this world as the trait changes only happen on the 1st day of every season everyone’s age and birthday is counted on only on that day, meaning there are only 5 days a year where anyone’s birthday is celebrated.

 

That's not to say that the population birthdays are equally split among the 5 dates. Based on my experiences in these past years I seem to be in a medieval world somewhere around the year 1000, but then again I was getting an engineering degree not a history one so I could be off by quite a bit. Suffice it to say that there is not much technology around here.

 

The 5th season that is between Fall and Winter is Death. Yeah surprised me too, but I found out pretty quickly as to why that is. See here winters are only slightly colder than fall: just enough to turn the rainy fall season into the snowy winter season. During Death however the temperature drops drastically and winds are constantly howling, though there is no precipitation (thank gods; it would be hail). So what are people to do for entertainment for 3 months mostly spent inside to hide away from the cold? Given what I’ve overheard trying to meditate and expel mana at night, my parents are trying really hard to get me a younger sibling to add to the two older ones I already have.

 

My stat increases have been getting better, and despite my brother's attempts to keep me confined to his care I have made some progress exploring the house.This let me find out that my father seems to be a blacksmith and that my mother seems to be a merchant and housewife on the side. He creates while she sells and takes care of everything else.

 

After almost 33 cycles of training my skills and stats have improved considerably.

 

Name : Ajax

Level :7

Experience : 1650/2100

Traits: Child, Divine Witness

 

Health: 40/40

Mana: 75/150

Stamina : 53/100

Vitality : 4.09

Strength :7.53

Endurance : 10.60

Dexterity : 7.14

Intelect : 29.35

Wisdom :21.63

Mind : 15.54

Perception : 6.24

Stat Points : 132

Skills : [Meditation Lvl 24][Sense Mana Lvl 22][Expel Mana Lvl 21][Mathematics Lvl 15] [Stealth Lvl 5][Drawing Lvl 8][Athleticism Lvl 2].

 

The difficulty of gaining stats forcibly seems to be getting harder doing the same things over and over , but at least with my newfound mobility I was able to finally gain some extra points in Perception, though gaining them by having my nose assaulted when I found the outhouse is not my most pleasant memory.

 

Increasing my Vitality seems to be an exercise in futility as my only increase outside of the Child trait is 0.09 so I am guessing I’ll have to ask my parents about that once I grow a bit older and it would be acceptable for my age to ask questions about stats and skills.

 

What I am looking forward to next is my brother's 10th birthday coming tomorrow as I will be there to see what happens when the Child trait becomes Apprentice.

 

For all my complaining about him and the fact that I developed the Stealth skill so I can escape him and explore something outside my room I am finding myself thinking of these people as my family more and more as time passes, and I am not sure if those are my genuine feelings on the matter or if I my thinking is affected by my child body.

4