11. Signs of Disturbance
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Howell then immediately proceed with his system Matter Manipulation, extracting the matter from the corpse of the Undying Lioness.

[Host used Matter Processing Fuction]

[Extracting matter from the target...]

[Extracted Undying Lion bloodline, White Jade Bar, 10 low grade origin stone]

 

"Ho, the bloodline. Looks like that ability truly stemmed from the bloodline." Howell looked at the drop of blood using Insight Eye.

[Undying Lion Blood Essence

The genetic that recorded the ability of Undying Lion Regenerative Factor

...unable to extract any more insight from the object]

 

Sadly his low rank Insight Eye prevented him from obtaining more information but no matter. Repetition and high frequent usage of the ability would naturally raise its rank. Howell stored the extracted matter to the system inventory as he ordered Little Red to disperse Bloodvenom Mist.

Of course, the gruesome remains of the lioness could be seen but it did not disturb Howell's state at all.

'I can cooperate to kill more Undying Lioness but I cannot extract anymore because of many prying eyes.' Howell considered Beast Taming System as an absolute secret that should not be spread even to his family. So he could only gained experience about team work and killing beasts.

Seth saw the mist dispersed and approached Howell.

"The corpse...did it just corrode completely?" he asked which Howell could only reply with a nod. He did not mean anything, neither denying or admit it but the body language was actually something else.

Seth raised his eyebrow because he was the most familiar with Howell. If he did not even want to say something, it was likely had to do with his own or something so important to him. Seth could not truly tell him to reveal the secret as he also kept something from Howell.

Howell saw the slight change and knew what was going on. He sighed and just continued as usual.

 

"Father, what about the others? Do they need help?" Howell asked.

"Actually, no. But your assistance will speed up the process and that is what we truly need." Seth replied. Since the first lioness had been dealt with, they were free to assist the others.

Then Howell assisted by letting Little Red did another of her ability, Flyingrain Serpent Strike. The unfortunate lioness which were tangled up by one of the team member get hit suddenly and the particular team member only saw a red streak before the impact! Not only that but Little Red then proceed to bit the lioness and executed Venom Fang!

While Seth and his wolf beast not only increase the pressure but also forced one of the Undying Lioness to her knees. The wolf was distracting the lioness while the rhinoceros charged and hit the lioness who were delayed due to the wolf's interference. Loud noices could be heard as the sound of bones breaking reverberated throughout the place.

"We got another lioness! That's what I've been waiting for!" Richo felt the situation and excitement could be seen all over his face.

"Push for more! Encircle the rest of the pride!" Seth commanded the free team members to made an encirclement. In case they clashed with the pride of Undying Lioness, they had no plan to let them go back!

Howell also equipped back his armaments and also checked the head gear of Little Red. Little Red slithered to his neck and let him do the check-up.

 

'Little Red, does that item from Liberation Sect means the period of tranquility is over once again?' Howell asked Little Red in his mind.

'There is no eternal peace nor tranqility. At most, I call it the cease fire period. Because every being had different ideals, method to act, value and worldview, conflict will inevitably happened. It is never wrong to become stronger but it is also important to keep your belief and conviction!'

'True that. But why did no beast core dropped...no, even extraction cannot extract it?'

'Not every beast will have beast core. But the one who possess it will definitely more powerful than their normal species. Or you have to kill the beast who have reached Platinum and Gold rank.'

Howell's eyes then widened in understanding. From his textbook at school, it was said that the beast core dropping from the beast below Platinum rank was low on probability but from Little Red's explanation, it was a symbol of strength for the beast. It meant that the beast who had such things under Platinum rank had immense potential, gain a nature changing opportunity or whatever reason to let them become stronger than normal.

It also meant that the Undying Lioness and the Gale Gazelle was 'normal' in comparison.

 

Then after he had done the check-up, he regrouped and slain the remaining lioness. Then came the most fun part of the day for the patrol guards, butchering the corpse of the beasts.

The material from the beasts could be used to make clothes, armaments and ingredients for medicine and chemical compounds. And for Undying Lion, the price could go for millions of Stella for each material and even for a 100 miligrams of its blood essence.

"Woohoo, the blood essence! The blood essence!"

Howell could see someone excited due to the fact that he managed to get a small blood essence of Undying Lion. It meant he was getting loads of money overnight! How could he not be excited?

"We also get its skin, meat, claws and teeth. How is it going?" Richo asked one of the team member who deployed his bird. That bird was used for monitoring the surroundings.

"Reporting to leader, everything is still normal."

"We need to get this done quick. A pride of Undying Lioness will have a superior..." Seth urged the entire team to hasten their work. Howell also knew the reason and also helped dissecting the skin and flesh of the lioness' corpses.

'Undying Lion King, an existence at Platinum rank is around the border of Bethlen City...that is unthinkable!' Howell knew for a fact that Platinum rank beast had a territory and usually stayed there. The territory was small and medium size, it actually depended on the beast who ruled it.

But one thing for sure, Undying Lion was not a beast that moved its territory easily. It liked to stay at one place rather than moving around like nomads or migrating. The fact that they moved to this place out of all the chance...

'Their movements are orchestrasized by the Liberation Sect!' Howell clenched his fists hard when he thought about it. Or perhaps this was some organization that cooperated with Liberation Sect...there was also that possibility.

He did not know nor care what method they used but to make everyone including his family to be exposed to such danger was...unforgiveable!

 

But Howell calmed down and helped arranging the loots to the jeep before they set off. The trunk of the jeep was actually a spatial armaments to store items. Grunder Industry truly was remarkable for fitting that armament to the compartment of a jeep.

"We have to make a report out of this. Everything we encounter and the possibilities for the future threat, write it on the paper." Richo's expression was tense ever since the clash.

"Howell, this situation is rare but we can still manage it." one of the team member told Howell of the unusual circumstances and Howell nodded in understanding. Of course he was clear about it but he still had to said something.

"Thank you, senior." that was what he should say when he received favors and teachings from someone with more experience than him. This senior was also the one who explained to him the usual things border patrol had to do. For now, they had to complete the patrol shift and returned to the outpost if nothing more happened.

 

-

 

As expected, there were signs of a large movement of beasts around the border. Even Richo and Seth was unsettled about the matter since they knew that the border patrol team reported the increase activity of the beasts outside the safe zone but the specific was still unknown. Now that the pride of Undying Lion even appeared, it made the situation worse.

So the border patrol had to end quicker than the schedule and Howell did not take it to mind.

"Go back home. Tell your mother that I will be late." Seth pat Howell on the head while letting out a wry smile. This matter was of utmost important and as the team who discovered the sign, they were also responsible to give their account and testimony.

"Father, don't worry about things too much. I am already capable of doing something too." Howell opened his mouth and said what was on his mind.

Seth could only stared at Howell with gratitude and concern. He then tapped Howell on the shoulder and gestured him to go.

Howell knew that his father would not want for him to insist on staying and even he could not change his father's mind. So he turned around and left with his bag and equipments. He also checked the communication device on his chest pocket and made sure it had his father's register device as well as Uncle Richo and the team members.

"Howell, you have grown." then Howell heard his father's voice and that made his step lighter for some reason. His mood was ten times better than before.

He was escorted back home by one of the team members using the same jeep. Arriving at home, Howell got out of the car because he already saw his mother waiting at the door. He had to tell her quickly so that she would not worry any more than this.

Martha who saw Howell then had a relief flashed on her eyes and could roughly guess something from the fact that Richo's team members was the one who brought Howell back.

"Mother, I am back." Howell just hugged his mother tightly. He did not care for his own cloaked circumstances in the past which were a distant concept to him. The thing he cared about even at this moment was his parents and he knew anything could not shake it.

"You're finally back." Martha caressed his back gently while her face was looking at the person who would usually informed her about the things Seth and Richo encountered.

Then the mother and son duo let go and let the man recounted the situation. Martha fell into deep thought and then thanked the person. Howell also said to the man for the next time they would go together. Howell closed the door and then ate dinner.

After that, he went to his room and Little Red already deployed her armaments and frame that usually used for concealing the situation in the room as usual.

Howell opened up his bag and brought out his share of loot. That includes the body parts of various beasts they encountered along the way that obstruct the jeep and also the materials from Undying Lion.

While he checked the materials, he also checked Carmen's condition since it was almost time for her to get out from the Idle Training Dimension.

[Year 12 Month 12 Day 20

Carmen finally reached the peak of Wildbeast rank. But it also meant that her time for perfecting her ability has come and had a lot of resources to be consumed to be able to get the best result. She was also longing for her partner and the being that also her collague? since they were the first being she encountered after she was born.

But her feeling was different and she also wanted to know what that was. Her knowledge was insufficient to explain it but her partner would surely help her to understand it if not the strong being by his side.

For the rest of the time, she would just improve her ability since it was quite lacking]

 

After some time, the announcement came after Howell arranged the loots and waiting for the rest of the time by seeing the note he had written as well as adding another of his understanding to the note.

[Tip:

[!]

[Your tamed beast has cleared her staying time and is returning to the host's dimension]

[Process Complete. Your tamed beast 'Carmen' has safely returned from her training]

Then a white jade figure appeared and Howell caught her with both hands. He could see that her body had become larger, volumptous as well as stronger.

'Partner! I am back!' Carmen was finally able to see him once more. She used her silk to immediately reached his right shoulder to land. Howell who saw the progress and the ability could only be amazed. It was different from how Carmen had done the same ability a day ago.

He rubbed his index finger against her body and he could also feel that Carmen enjoyed the feeling. He also used Insight Eye to completely grasped Carmen's current condition.

[Name : Carmen

Race: Insect(Star-rank potential)

Rank: Wildbeast level 9

Ability: Silk(C-), Origin Energy Sensory(B+), Jade Metamorphosis(S+),
Illusion Manipulation(A+), Synthesize(C), Silk Web(E-)]

 

An increase in her level, abilities mastery as well as her Jade Metamorphsis. And it took her thirteen years just to reach this state. Howell then realized that Carmen had something in her that made her stronger as well as her Star-rank potential. It meant that Carmen was the kind of beast who had a beast core but of course Howell would not kill her just for that, it was too wasteful.

"How's the Idle Training Dimension?" Howell spoke to Carmen while also transmitting his thought through the link.

'It is so good! I can just lay down and I become stronger. If not for the fact that I need resources for my Jade Metamorphosis, I will keep idle away in peace.' Carmen had a better grasp at her situation and her conveyed feelings became better too.

"Is that so? Then you can rest for now at the box. I think we have to enjoy tomorrow because it will be the time for us to return." Howell knew that he still had school to attend and could not miss it.

'But I want to sleep next to you, Partner!' Carmen somehow protested which made Howell did not know how to reply.

"Your body is too small and there is a high chance that you will be squashed like the bug you are if you insist of sleeping next to him. Do you want Master to mind it too much?" Little Red interjected immediately because she knew that Howell could not say that directly so she had to be the one.

'No! No!'

"Sorry but what Little Red said is true. That is why you need to grow up healthy and strong." Howell comforted Carmen as he told her the most important thing. Unbeknown to him, Carmen took that seriously as a challange and motivation. Of course, she also had her own motive for doing that.

Howell moved Carmen back to the transparent box before Little Red exclaimed, "Master, your mother is coming here!"

She removed her concealing talisman, frame and Space Lockdown Ruler while Howell waited for a bit before he prepared himself.

"Sweetie, are you still awake?"

"Yes. What is it?"

"When you go back to school, bring this with you." Martha brought a small stick with her.But Howell could see that the item was kind of the origin energy amplifier.

"What is this? Is it expensive?" Howell's hand trembled as he questioned the item.

"No but you probably need it for your daily activities. Please take it." Martha said but when it reached Howell's ear, he knew that the term was not negotiable.

"Alright, then. Does Father not return yet?" Howell remembered that Seth would return late but forgot to mention the specific so he asked.

"If not toninght then tomorrow morning at most. If you don't have anything to say then good night!"

 

After closing the door tight, Howell ordered Little Red to reestablish the protection once again. He haved a sigh of relief as he already felt the origin energy mist inside his body gathered and condensed a bit more. He focused on the feeling as he circulate the Shrouding Flow Cyclic Art and made it so that all part of his body was strengthened.

'Guh...' Howell felt all the nerves in his body send the pain signals but he endured. Previously when he made a major breakthrough, he was asleep so he had to assume that his body instictually resisted and adapted along with the system assistance. But now he had to try to do it himself.

Sweat as well as the shedded epidermic skin layer of his body appear and showed that the process of his small level up. Howell had to felt the pain for the entire process while he also sensed everything about his boy.

'As expected, there are some deficiency of the foundation in my body. Fortunately I am consciously directing my level up otherwise, the root of the problem is going to grip my ankle someday.'

Finally, his furrowed brows relaxed as he opened his eyes. He could feel both of his body power increase more. He became a level 4 Concsript rank.

 

Then he also saw Little Red and Carmen who was positioned in front of him. Then he connected to the link between them and realized what was going on.

'Partner's breakthrough...why does it feel familiar?'

'Master has started to merge our characteristic and ability. Ah, Master!'

 

Then both of them pounced on him. Little Red who was in the snake form slithered her way to his left arm while Carmen spat a silk thread before pulling herself toward his right shoulder. Howell moved his neck due to the stiffness he felt after his level up.

But both of his beasts then assisted in his small level up as Howell's origin energy mist condensed and circulating throughout his body. Sadly, he could not completely sleep due to this same issue.

Meanwhile, Little Red was helping Carmen synthesize the spoils of the patrol to enhance her Jade Metamorphosis ability

1