Chapter 1 – The Beginning of Story
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eugene Maximus was a young man with a burning desire to become an independent and powerful leader, destined to rule his people one day. Though such aspirations were common among the young members of the Maximus family, their realization seemed distant in the foreseeable future. As the second son, Eugene stood second-in-line to inherit the family business if his father succeeded his grandfather. Nevertheless, the young man was determined to transcend his limitations.

The Maximus family was renowned throughout the land as exceptional blacksmiths and merchants. Their noble name was acquired from their esteemed founder, Maximus, who had been granted the surname by the King of Luther Kingdom during times of war. Presently, they held the prestigious rank of marquess, thanks to their timely invention of enchanted crossbows. This achievement was commemorated in their coat-of-arms, depicting a foot soldier wielding a crossbow with a fiery magic arrow.

While Eugene gazed at their family banner, he pondered, 'How on earth did our great-grandfather invent this? What more can I do?'

As Eugene lost himself in thought, little did he know that just beyond the castle walls, the kingdom was facing unseen turmoil, its neighbors lurking with tension. The continent on which Luther Kingdom thrived resembled a vast peninsula, boasting an expansive landmass. Unbeknownst to Eugene, the Maximus family found themselves urgently supplying the kingdom's army with an abundance of enchanted crossbows, swords, and armor, sensing an impending storm on the horizon.

The young butler, serving Eugene's father, summoned him with urgency, saying, 'Young master, the Lord requests your presence in his room.' Eugene was jolted out of his reverie by Dali's call and replied, 'Okay, Dali, I'll be there immediately.'

Puzzled by the commotion throughout the mansion, Eugene wondered, 'Hmm, what could be happening? Why is everyone moving around like a tornado tearing through the rooms? Perhaps meeting my father and seeking his counsel might help clear my mind.'

Little did he know that this would be the beginning of his arduous and extraordinary journey.

Knock! Knock! Knock! The sound of urgent knocking echoed through the hallway.

'Enter, Eugene,' his father's voice called coldly from inside the room.

The kingdom faced a new war with Ionia due to the foolish actions of our prince and merchants," Eugene's father explained with a grave tone, his eyes fixed on his son. "While these actions alone were not enough to wage war, Ionia's claims and casus belli were founded upon these acts. Thus, the armed conflict began, and the kingdom urgently required armors, swords, and their specialty, enchanted crossbows. Your mana capacity and control surpass that of your peers, Eugene," he continued, emphasizing his son's name, "and I want you to be in charge of the production of crossbows and magic arrows. This responsibility is of utmost importance and cannot be neglected, so beware of your duty.

As Eugene stepped into the dimly lit room, his eyes locked onto the sprawling workshop that had once belonged to his great-grandfather. Rows of finely crafted crossbows adorned the walls, and remnants of past inventions lingered in every corner. A spark of inspiration ignited within him, and a determined glint appeared in his eyes. This workshop, a treasure trove of family history, held the key to his ambitions. With his innate magical abilities and the workshop's vast resources at his disposal, he saw a golden opportunity to revive the legacy of his ancestors. It was not just about producing ordinary crossbows; he envisioned a grand operation that would birth a new era of enchanted crossbows and magic arrows. As he listened to his father's instructions, Eugene's mind raced with possibilities, devising a plan that would not only reshape the future of the kingdom but also immortalize his name as a visionary inventor.

0