Chapter 6: Shen Hong’s Plan
121 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the situation, Ying Zheng laughed.

The whole situation was a play.

As Qin Shi Huang, he lived protecting others, and now he is being treated as if a kid necessary for protection.

Looking at the girl in his arms with a smile, he said, "So, do you want to continue like this, or are you going to let me go?"

She looked a little awkward. The whole situation happened so fast. One moment she was trying to understand why she had to come here, and the next, why she was in the arms of a boy. 

It was the first time someone had touched her body.

"Sorry ..." she said in an almost inaudible voice, and as if with wings, she ran out of the situation.

Just let it be. Ying Zheng helped her for two reasons.

Chun Yan said to him, 'if one day you see someone in the same situation as you, remember the pain you felt, not the wounds, but the pain in the heart.'

He felt she reminded him a little of his past.

And the other reason is that if he can, there is no reason not to help.

Looking around, he met gazes and started walking out the gate as if nothing had happened.

Ye Zheng, the vice director that doesn't expect him only to walk out, still had Shen Fei in his arms. His face was in dazed expression.

While they ignored Shen Fei, his cries reached only the crowds.

Ye Zheng sighs and thinks, 'Tonight will be a long night.'

[City Lord's Mansion]

[4 hours later]

At a table sit three figures.

A mid-aged man with purple hair and a sturdy figure, he is the current City Lord, Ye Zong.

At this moment, he is discussing the conflict among three families, just only two here. 

On his right is the current patriarch of the Sacred Family, Shen Hong, and on the left is the House Elder of the Winged Dragon Family, Xiao Yi.

"City Lord, I ask you to mediate an agreement between our families and the Ying noble family," said Shen Hong with a trace of sadness.

"The situation was excessive. Not only did Ying heir assault my son. But he harassed the only daughter of the patriarch of the Winged Dragon family, my future daughter-in-law, in front of everyone." Continued. His eyes were steady, showing the face of a father who only wanted justice. 

Like a good sidekick, Xiao Yi continued, "The patriarch Shen is right. My little niece has suffered an injustice."

Ye Zong wondered if they lived in the same world. He knows this is obvious bullshit.

He received information about what happened. And it was anything but a case of injustice, more like a fight between children.

"And what exactly do you expect me to do?" His face is hard.

"We propose two settlement options. The first is straightforward. Ying Heir would give 40% of the stores to the Sacred Family, already considering the Winged Dragon family compensation, as we are family."

"The second is a battle in 2 weeks... We can make it fair. Each family sends three fighters. The one that wins the most battles will win the most rights."

While telling the options, Shen Hong could not help but praise his intelligence.

There are two options, but in reality, force the Ying family to choose the first one.

He knows that the only fighter in the Ying Family is Black Gold. If they choose the second one, what then? Just send the family's Elders to fight. Even if they lose the first fight, they can win by fatigue.

If they refuse to comply with both, the families are justified in acting directly.

Which would be a carte blanche for him to take over the business by force, and no one could criticize him, not even the City Lord.

Ye Zong may not understand all the plans very well, but he knows he cannot do much in this situation.

The noble families have always functioned independently. The most he can do is to mediate the situation so that it doesn't escalate, damaging the structure of the city's powers.

"I will forward the proposals to Ying Family. The answer will be to send in 3 days." Ye Zong no longer wants to argue. He knows what he has to do.

[Ying Family manor]

"Tell me, why are you here to tell me this?" said Ying Zheng to a girl with ginger hair.

"To give back...you protected me when I needed it, so I should give something back." Said Xiao Ning'er.

After she learned that her uncle, Xiao Yi, together with the other family's elders, wanted to help the Sacred family in exchange for benefits, she could not help but feel disgusted.

So she came to Ying Zheng to do the only thing she could to reciprocate. So she told him to be ready.

"It was to pay back. I thank you for your help before." She continued.

"HAHAHAHA, you care a lot for nothing," said Ying Zheng, his face with his traditional smile.

She could not help but feel a little envious of how free he seemed to be.

'He must not even understand what it feels like to be trapped in a cage.' thought her.

As if reading her thoughts, Ying Zheng says, "Sometimes our mind holds us more in a situation than we really are."

"If you spend more time thinking about what you can't do, rather than what you can do, you have trapped yourself."

"In my case, it was just closing my eyes, but the whole world opened up."

Xiao Ning'er seemed lost in thought.

"Ann, escort the guest to the door," said Ying Zheng, his face seeming strange.

He seems to remember the past.

He thinks that usually would not have said something like this.

'Maybe it's because she reminds me of my past?' he thought.

Leaving thoughts of the past aside.

At the moment, he has to deal with a situation, it seems that he will have to act again.

"If they took away my peace, I might as well make them regret it forever." There was a ruthless look on his face.

Sometimes, people forget how an emperor conquers the other kingdoms.

For Qin Shi Huang, it wasn't with flowers or hugs.

It was with constant battles, defeating everyone in his path. So it was, and so it will be.

 

 

6