Chapter 10: My way is the Emperor’s Route.
109 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at Shen Hong, Ying Zheng, with his traditional smile, asked, "So, are your fighters ready?"

Shen Hong laughs internally.

"The Junior doesn't need to worry about this," said Shen Hong. His mouth almost formed a smile.

"The fighter, Zhao, is him fine?" asks Shen Hong.

Someone coincidentally attacked Zhao this week. The suspect is the Dark Guild. 

Ying Zheng is not an idiot. The others also can perceive the strangeness of the situation.

Shen Hong betted so much on this battle.

Although Zhao cannot fight now, his life is out of danger.

Ying Zheng never planned to let someone else fight in his place.

Now not only will he fight with them, but he'll make them feel the same pain that Zhao is feeling. 

"You don't need to worry, but better you see out for the life of your elders." Said Ying Zheng, his voice with murderous intent.

Ying Zheng's words surprised Shen Hong a bit.

Shen Hong just had one conclusion. He suspects them.

"I don't know what you mean. Are you threatening the Sacred Family, Little Ying? Your arrogance has no limits." said Shen Hong. While releasing his aura, and glared at Ying Zheng.

"Pfft, I didn't know that you're a funny man." Laughed Ying Zheng.

"Little Ying, what is too funny?" said Shen Hong with a confused look and a puzzled face. 

"The first bullshit is a fact that you're all the time trying to make me seem a kid... Little Ying this and Junior that..." said Ying Zheng. 

"Are you forgetting that both we're patriarchs?" asks him.

"My arrogance has no limits?" asks Ying Zheng. "You would be arrogant, only to think that we are on the same level."

Then he left, leaving the patriarch and the entire Sacred Family in shock.

Exiting the Sacred Family, Ying Zheng goes to his family area.

Arriving in the area, he sees Ann, Zhao, and his Shadow Guards.

"Ann, bet all the money on our family." Says Ying Zheng while giving 400 million demon spirits coins to her.

After the whole situation just now, he figures the Sacred Family will be much more aggressive, not that it matters.

He plans to use this opportunity to instill trust in his Shadow Guards. They need to know that I am an impenetrable wall.

'A king never loses.'

[Ying Zheng POV]

"Sorry, Lord patriarch... If I was more cautious," said Zhao with a sad face full of regrets.

"Zhao is not your fault. They'll know the consequences of their actions. I assure you." I said. His protection is my responsibility.

As an emperor, a king among the kings. I was a king that only took pride in protecting my people.

Ever since I came into this world, my head is full of doubts.

Should I follow the same life as before?

I don't have an empire here.

Should I only focus on getting stronger and ignore the surrounding situation?

I can't, not only because I'd vow to Chun Yan, but because I can't ignore it.

I never wanted to be a hero. Heroes save you, and then they are gone.

I wanted to lead people in a way that they didn't need a hero.

Lead them in a condition where they could be happy.

As an emperor, I should not waver.

If this is a different world, I should become strong the sufficient to find my world.

If I don't have an empire, I create.

From this moment on, my way is the emperor's route.

[Ying Zheng (POV) ends]

"Glory City, today we stay here because of an honor battle," said Ye Zong.

"As the City's Lord, I'll mediate this fight to assure justice." Continue him.

"The Ying Family and the Sacred Family are fighting for three rounds. If one loses, the family requires paying with 20% of his proprieties to the other." He said with a bored face.

So he passes the word to a presenter.

"So, starting the fight... enter the first fighter representing the Sacred Family!!!." said the random presenter.

Appear a man with red hair enters the arena.

"The fighter is Shen Yan. He is an Elder and a Black Gold Rank expert of the Sacred Family."

"He is famous with his [Flaming Palm] is said that he can melt still steel."

"In the Ying family, enter the first fighter representing them," said the presenter.

But no one appears.

"Ying Family?"

Then everyone sees a person coming down from the middle of the audience toward the arena. 

Then he jumps directly from the audience to the arena.

"This is... The patriarch of the Ying Family enters the arena." said the presenter with a surprised voice.

He was not the only one surprised. In reality, Ying Zheng surprises everyone in the arena.

He looks only about 14 years old and is going to fight with an Elder 40 years older than him.

The presenter tried to introduce him, "The patriarch of the Ying Family can see yet with the blindfolds. Although he is the only descendant, the Ying family always was known for the talent to become fighters."

"With the two fighters, starting your bets."

With the fighters, the bets started. 

The odds were 3 to Shen Yan and 7 to Ying Zheng.

Ann came to the place for the bets and bet the money on his patriarch.

She was worried about him. But she also to trust him.

"With the end of the bets, let's start the battle," said the presenter.

"On the left side, Elder Yan, and the Right side, Patriarch Ying."

"Okay, begin the battle!"

 

6