Chapter 12: Battles (2)
122 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While there was a sense of admiration in the Ying family area, no one could not say the same for the Sacred Family. 

 

'That can't be...'

 

Shen Hong couldn't accept this situation.

 

In his whole life, something had never affected him so much. 

 

He had always been jealous of Ye Zong. But he recognizes he cannot catch up with him because of Ye Zong's family. 

 

Shen Hong accepted the situation because he wanted to believe that it was not talent but that Ye Zong was born into a stronger family. 

 

But, at the moment, the person is younger, and his family is almost in the end. But he is winning. 

 

He didn't admit it, but he felt inferior.

 

"This last match I'm going to fight," Said Shen Hong with an imposing aura. 

 

'I need to kill him right now. He can't let him grow.' thought Shen Hong. 

 

"But patriarch... the fight is only for fighters." Said Shen Ming.

 

All the people know the fighters are weaker than the Demon spiritualists. 

 

"Are you lecturing me right now?" said Shen Hong.

 

"No, Patriarch is only..." continued Shem Ming, but Shen Hong interrupted him.

 

"Shut Up! I know what I do." Said Shen Hong, glaring at Shen Ming. 

 

"Call a meeting with the city lord and the patriarch of the Ying Family. He likes bets, right? I have an Interesting bet." Said Shen Hong. 

 

[10 minutes later]

 

[Ying Zheng (POV)]

 

In front of me, I see the lord of the city and the old fox. The old fox remembers these scholars of my past.  

 

Whatever.

 

The old fox says, "I heard that the patriarch Ying likes to bet, right?"

 

"I have an irresistible bet for you." continued Shen Hong. 

 

"In the last few years, some attacks of Demonic Beasts brought fear to the citizens. I believe that showing our power to them can relieve their worries. Because of this, we should show the power of the patriarchs of the Glory City." The Old Fox likes to spout bullshit.

 

"So, to be generous, in that third match, Sacred Family is offering 40% of the properties if the patriarch Ying can win the match."

 

Oh, he is almost betting on his whole family. 

 

"If you lose, the conditions remain the same as before."  

 

'That is if you don't die.' He must be thinking something like this.

 

The City Lord seemed worried about me. In reality, about the potential protector of Glory City.

 

He should be more concerned about himself. 

 

"What does the patriarch Ying think of the proposal?" Said Ye Zong.

 

"Mou Man Tai," I said with a smile. 

 

[Mou Man Tai Means: 'No problem, no worries, it is okay, etc.]

 

There is no reason not to fight him.

 

"I'd grown tired of waiting for a good fight." I continued. 

 

Looking in the face of the Old Fox, I can feel a little of killing intent. 

 

I can't help but chuckle a little, "HAHAHA."

 

His mentality seems a bit more fragile than before. His thick skin is not so hard. 

 

Ye Zong looked at me rather oddly, and Shen Hong was most angry. 

 

Then I get up and begin to leave. 

 

"Ying Patriarch..." Said Ye Zong with a surprised voice.

 

"Mou Man Tai," I said again.

 

"He wants to fight, I do too," I continued with a smile.

 

[Ying Zheng (POV) end]

 

Ye Zong sees the brat leaving and remembers what Ye Shuo says to him.

 

'He doesn't appear to care about the fight at all...'

 

'And his confidence in himself is extreme. He is not a normal Kid Ye Zong...'

 

Ye Zong has yet to call him patriarch. In his vision, he is only a junior. A talented Junior, but of a different generation. 

 

He doesn't know why, but he has a bad feeling about this fight.

 

"I will take my leave, Ye Zong," said Shen Hong. His face doesn't have the traditional calculative smile.

 

After a farewell, Ye Zong awaits for the battle.  

 

Although he believes that Shen Hong will win, he cannot help but watch the battle.

 

That look of confidence was not something empty.

In the audience, the people were waiting for the last fight. The second match was too fast but showed the power of the Ying Patriarch.

 

This strength surprises Xiao Ning'er. The girl only wants the power to choose her own life. 

 

'Can I be that strong?' thought she. 

 

Snapping her out of her thoughts, she then hears the presenter's voice. 

 

The announcer starts the narration of the last fight.

 

"In this last match, there are some changes. The fighter representing the Sacred Family is different. " 

 

"These fighters in this battle represent the top position of their families."

 

"YES! THE LAST FIGHT IS A MATCH BETWEEN PATRIARCHS!" shouted the presenter. 

 

"Patriarch Ying X Patriarch Shen"

 

"Patriarch Ying on the right side and patriarch Shen on the left side."

 

"I want everyone to focus on the arena because we can expect a fight showing the strengths of Glory City's noble families." Shouted the presenter. 

 

In the arena, Ying Zheng still keeps his blindfold and his smile.

 

Shen Hong maintained the posture of befitting a patriarch of a noble family. However, he noticed something strange in Ying Zheng. 

 

"Are you a swordsman?" Shen Hong asks while looking at Ying Zheng with a smile.

 

Ying Zheng looks at Shen Hong strangely. "Old Man, are you still trying to pretend?"

 

Ying Zheng's attitude surprised Shen Hong a little. 

 

This time, Ying Zheng looked at him with a smirk.

 

"Weren't you the one who was letting out that pitiful, murderous intent earlier?" said Ying Zheng. 

 

"If you felt it, then you should know that this fight will not end with just your defeat," he said in a voice that only Ying Zheng could hear. 

 

This time Qin Shi Huang looked at Shen Hong and laughed loud, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

 

Qin Shi Huang really thought that was funny. From the people who wanted to kill him, Shen Hong not yet deserves to be remembered.  

 

"Join the queue." Qin Shi Huang to Shen Hong.

4