Chapter 13: Ashen Snow
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Both pairs of eyes staring wide at each other; one from above and the other from below.

o

o

o

For a moment it feels like everything around the two figures were in a trance. The winds blowing all over the surrounding area, though stunted everything but them.

o

o

o

There was something glittering about on George’s figure, but Aiden did not take notice of it. His mind blanked on the severity of the moment.. and also how serene the man’s face was.

The sun shone at the back of the dark brown hair of said man on the fence, creating a shine ray that masked the upper left side of his face, who despite looking shocked, still appeared cloudless.

But it was nothing short of ephemerality, as that face immediately exploded in rage.

“What the fuck?! Are you still following me?! Why?!” George shouted in disbelief, eyes glaring heavily at the man from below. Really?! Why did he never sense this guy’s presence?!

Aiden nearly jumped at the harsh yelling, which was accompanied by a raging countenance and blaring daggers. And suddenly the air grew colder, despite the shining sun outside.

“I.. um.. still want to discuss about the presentation.. and I..” Aiden stammered, eyes were still staring wide, before it faltered. “.. Uhh.. Nevermind, I will just do it by myself.”

The ravenette quickly swept off his feet.

The story begins like this. Aiden had actually walked off before, but then his anger got the better of him. He always hated bullies, and won’t hesitate to fight back. Eventhough he knows he will lose. Moreover, that asshole had been pissing him off since the beginning of their meeting.

So the ravenette went back to the dark brown haired asshole, intending on giving him a piece of his mind!

But then, that asshole seemed to be brooding about as he looked melancholy toward the sky and shit. And Aiden was being polite to not interrupt his real life drama scenes.

After that, that asshole started walking again. Walking and walking into the back building, and then unexpectedly jumped from the ground to the top of the fence. A four meter high fence.

A four meter high fence!

No build up, no jumping pole, not even in a parkour jump scale routine, that asshole just straight up trotted, and jumped on the fence. Then stood on it like it was nothing.

‘How the fuck can he jump that high?! I mean, he’s pretty tall.. but still, what the fuck?! What human can do that?!’ Thought Aiden, in the midst of getting away.

Immediately, a massive blur jumped swiftly infront of the ravenette, halting his movement.

It was George, looking dead furious. His expression looked like a bull about to run someone over.

And Aiden is the muleta.

“You..” George breathed out, heavy with frustration. “.. are an annoying.. piece of-”

Aiden didn’t wait for him to finish, and had run on the opposite.

“Wait, you little nosy rosy bitch!”

“I’m not a nosy rosy, yo-you bitch! I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time! Stop chasing me, please!”

“I said, wait up you–!”

“–Wait, let me go! I’m sorry! I won’t bother you again!”

“Too late now, huh?!”

“To hell with you!”

Aiden, emotionless little shit he pretends he was, will still run like a bitch in the face of danger. I mean, he could deal with bullies or horrible people, but not a supernatural being. And that scary man chasing him was definitely one!

“I don’t want to play chase with you! Stop right now!” George growled, already catching up with the ravenette.

“Then, stop chasing me–!” Aiden about to dash at another direction when–

A burly shadow imitating a hound, was squatting on the fences right infront of him. It stood over where the dark brown haired man had stood earlier, creaking the metal under it. 

Aiden frozen in place.

His mind immediately reeled back to the dream he had been having about being chased by a shadow-looking hound thing. It felt surreal, but Aiden definitely felt as if he had met this shadowy beast before.

“EeeEeeeEEeee..” The shadow hound suddenly let out a low growl that oddly sounded like a whistling tune from the damned, like an elk. The ruby in its eye sockets shine sinisterly.

Aiden’s knees instantly felt weak.

But then someone hurled him from the back. Taking the ravenette by the back of his hoodie and throwing him over a broad shoulder. His sling bag was thrown to the side.

It took seconds for Aiden to register that he had been hauled like a potato sack by George, who then took them off toward the forest.

The brown haired man jumped over the metal fences like it was nothing, but the man above his shoulder was squeaking in terror.

When they landed on the ground, Aiden felt like he was going to puke, but the shadow hound ravaging over the fences made it go back down his stomach.

 

•°°•♪**♪•°°•

 

The two took off further into the boundaries of the Abandoned Forest, with the shadow hound fast on their trail.

“Tha-that thing! What is that thing?!!” Aiden squeaked. His stomach was doing the flip flop the longer he looked at the monstrosity behind them.

Not to mention, the fast actions of moving, evading and jumping around by the brown haired man, who clearly is not a normal human being. Seriously, what human can do that?!

The brown haired man was clearly faster than the shadow hound too. However, they were getting further and further into the forest.

“He-hey, why did we run into the forest?! We should go get help!” Aiden asked in panic.

“Shut up! This is all your fault!” snarled George, his tightened grip caused the male on his shoulder to squeak even more.

“The fuck?! What did I do?!” Aiden countered but only got a vicious grip on his side.

George gritted his teeth. He should have been more vigilant about his surroundings. He done fucked up.

‘Right now I need to push that damn hound further into this forest..’ The brown haired man thought, eyes focusing nowhere but the forward path he made himself. He needs to take the fight away from the public to avoid anyone from seeing what happens.

If not, this will only convoluted their search mission, or worst, their cover will be blown. Dragging the nosy rosy guy will him was a brash decision, but he couldn’t let the man run around after what he saw.

‘Damn, I really fucked up.’ Thought George in exasperation. “Nevertheless, I need to deal with this.. alone.’

His pride and hatred won’t allow him to call for help from his peers. He rather deals with the demon himself. But maybe he needs to call that feline-eared bastard after this for damage control. That one was inevitable.

There’s no doubt someone had probably heard the low growl the shadow hound had let on earlier. Not to mention seeing the broken fences, will surely cause an alarm.

After deeming that they are far enough into the deep forest, George went up a tree’s trunk and used it as a leverage to kick down one of the trees toward the shadow hound.

The force of his kick was enough to push the tree down unto the shadow hound. It was then followed up by a blast of icy water that immediately crystallized around the shadowy beast, further halting its moment.

All the while, Aiden couldn’t believe his eyes. He must be dreaming right now–

“Guh!” The ravenette yelped as he fell on hard dirt ground.

George had unceremoniously dropped the ravenette to the ground, then stood infront of him.

“Go hide somewhere first, I will deal with you later.” The brown haired man said, not turning back, fiery auburn eyes glaring at the shadow hound who managed to break through his icy cage.

This might be inevitable, but it seems the shadow hound will die on his hands today–

But then, something latched onto his left arm, pulling it with all his might.

“What are you doing?! We have to run!” Aiden said frantically, pulling George’s arm.

George gaped at him. He really wanted to slap this guy, but couldn’t bring himself to do sO.

“Snow, why did we stop here?! We have to run! Quick! That thing about to–! Oh–!“ As if realizing something, Aiden immediately let go of the arm. He looked as though he should not have done that. “--Sorry for grabbing on you so suddenly– I don’t know why I–“

“–Shut it, you annoying bitch! For fuck sake, just go, and hide already!”

“You’re the one who brought me here, prick! Also, where can I hide?!”

True enough, they ended in a sort of open field in the middle of the woods. It might have been the abandoned clearance land that was once deforested to expand the surrounding areas of the university.

“Tch, just fucking hide somewhere! Whatever! I’ll deal with that beast!”

“Wha-what?! Yo-you going to fight that monster?! Who are you actually?!”

“Just leave!”

“I can’t just leave you here!”

“I can’t just leave you here!”

George’s eyes widened. “You–“

Large shadow casted upon them.

The shadow hound stood four meters tall, hovering over them with its one mighty claw ready to lay down on the earth. When did it get that big?

It then swung the claw down in a blur, crushing everything below it.

o

o

o

But it never did.

The clawed hand was stopped from even grazing the ground by a small ice crystal dome.

Everything was surreal and dreamlike, but the frigidness and biting cold of the dome pulled Aiden’s senses together. Once again he gawked at the brown haired man, who had his hand on the ceiling of the crystal dome, frost and pale; shaping the entire shield dome.

‘Who.. are you?” uttered Aiden helplessly. This was  almost as bizarre as his dream.

The ice crystal dome was constructed by hardened translucent ice sheets in a parabolic surface structure. It looked like an igloo, albeit a crystalized one.

It was actually a variant of George’s skills called, [Ice Shield]. It is basically a defensive skill that allows him to conjure strong diamond-like crystalized ice sheets to defend himself.

George’s entire face basically spit the words, ‘Fuck it’, as he strengthen the ice dome, with a jutted spike surrounding the parabolic composition. Daring the shadow hound to try lay its filthy paws on the dome with the risk of getting punctured.

The shadow hound, however, dares, as it’s pounding away.

BAM!

BAM!

BAM!

Aiden, who had fallen on the ground, could only stare in horror as the wall surrounding them shook and vibrated with each poundings of the monster outside.

BAM!

BAM!

BAM!

“Tch, this fucking bastard.” George swore under his breath. The shadow hound started to piss him off.

“You..!” George suddenly turned his head to Aiden with a bark.

The said ravenette just squeaked under his cold glare.

“You stay here, and don’t come out! And don’t run away! I will deal with you later, after I strangle that bastard outside!”

His warning just made Aiden want to run away right then and now.

And then, the brown haired asshole kicked a hole big enough for him to get out of the ice dome, leaving Aiden to gawk even more.

George immediately went to take the aggro away from the ice dome, and into himself by using one of his support techniques, [Blizzard Fairies]. Miniscule critters like fairies formed into a spiral blizzard out of thin air.

With the flick movements of his hand, the blizzard of snow fairies wrapped around the neck and the left upper side of the unsuspecting shadow hound, pulling it away from the ice dome by hurling it to the other side.

EeeEeeEEEeeEEeEEeEEEEEEE!” The shadow hound cried a hideous growl as it hit a few trees, and into the ground. It was a wonder the other beings in that institution didn’t hear anything suspicious yet. But that will be an issue to worry about later.

The blizzard of fairies then dispersed as George squared up, ready to transform into his [Demon Ice Beast] form. One of his ultimate techniques that he still favoured to this day.

Snowy icy texture creeped into his whole being starting from below. Framing his clothed body and into the exposed skin.

The forming conjoined of million snowflakes crystalize unto his necks and arms, and start to glow a dark blue hue.

o

o

o

When suddenly it broke.

Then something sting him. 

George stared at himself in bewilderment. The former composition of icy textures turned into snowy dust around his body.

He flicked his transform switch again.

But the same thing keeps happening.

“I couldn’t.. transform?” George drawled in bewilderment.

Looking down, he saw the crystal pendant around his neck.. glowing pink. His eyes instantly widen in realization.

“What the fuck–! It can’t be–!”

The brown haired man tried to transform again.. but to no avail.

Everytime George tries to evoke a transformation, the crystal pendant will glow a pink hue, and simultaneously send a little electric shock throughout his body. Consequently, preventing him from transforming into his demon ice beast form!

“What the–? Oh for the love of Crystelloom and all his–! What the fuck is happening?! How come I can’t transform! This fucking.. thing!!!” George tried pulling off the pendant, but it stuck on his neck like a cage chain. It wouldn’t budge no matter how much strength he used to pull it off!

“This is not a limiter! This is a fucking chain! Those witches fuckers-!”

In his irate with the crystal pendant, George didn’t see the shadow hound from where it had been thrown, opening its muzzle. A black spiral ball was formed at the center of its sharped mouth as it blasted it off to the direction of the dark brown haired man.

“Snow–! Watch out!!”

Aiden came in clutch and managed to pull him back. Well, more like he had to push the brown haired man to the side with all his might.

Even then it was not far enough, but it managed to snap George out of his irate stupor and realize what was coming in a split second.

The brown haired man quickly rolled them over to safety while activating an ice wall infront of them. The black spiral ball collided with the ice wall and chipped it off little by little, before breaking it and disappearing in a black residue.

However, the shadow hound had continued to fire more of its black spiral energy at them.

By then, George had hauled Aiden off with him, running while erecting a few more ice walls here and there.

While the ice wall couldn’t really defend against the shadow hound’s black spiral blasts, it could at least lessen the impact. Moreover, the shadow hound took a bit of time to charge between blasts.

“We should get away from tha-that thing!” shouted Aiden in panic.

“Shut up! Why did you leave that dome, you little bitch?! I told you to stay put!” barked the brown haired man.

Aiden instantly felt offended by it. “Hey, if I didn’t push you off, you would have been fried by that monster already, you ungrateful bastard!”

“Oh, shut it! I didn’t ask for your help!”

“Well, see if I care next time! Also, what are you doing staring at that monster for?! If you’re going to fight, then fight!”

George wanted to chuckle cynically at that, but held it. Instead he dug his nails into the ravenette’s side which earned him a yelp, and a punch at his back.

The jewellery, the supposed limiter and assister really messes with their power. He had never felt this powerless for a long long long time.

Even back then.. he.. Well, it’s not the time to be reminiscent things.

Right now, he needs to beat down the shadow hound. Then, deal with the ravenette on his shoulder.

George dropped off Aiden on the ground again as they got a bit distance.

Rather harshly, but Aiden couldn’t complain as the brown haired man had instantly erected a few ice walls infront of him.

“Stay behind those walls, and don’t come out!” shouted George, as he marched toward the shadow hound.

The shadow hound stopped blasting, and stalked toward the brown haired man as well.

Seeing this, George charged head on toward the shadow hound, who also quickened its pace.

Both of these beings met face to face in the center of the bare meadow with their punch drawn at each other; the shadow hand with its clawed hand, and George with his right arm that had transformed into a cannon-sized bulk of ice.

0