Spring
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was teatime. Three P.M. in the afternoon meant teatime with desserts and wonderful tea. Mixia liked the smell of tea. They were ever calming just like flowers and Mixia liked flowers. Mixia couldn’t remember the flowers’ names but she liked the ones with the colors of clouds and skies at the palace gardens.

Mixia chose a white dress for tea. Her attending maid, Flores, wanted to dissuade her as white easily shows the dirt she’ll get herself in but Mixia liked white and the dress had a delicate flower ribbon at the waist. Mixia liked flowers and white, so this dress it is!

Mixia could hear Flores sighing at the back but the sunlight on her dress looked wonderful. Flores held her hand on the way to the tearoom in the gardens and Mixia liked the warmth on her palm. The flowers of the color of skies were blooming, Mixia could see it at a distance.

Excited, Mixia pulled on the other’s hand.

“Flores! Flores!”

“Hm? Little Highness?” Flores looked down. “What is it?”

“Sky flowers! Mixia wants... to look… at sky flowers!”

Flores looked at the direction the Little Highness was pointing at and sighed yet again.

“Little Highness, that is a bit far away. Teatime will begin soon with Lady Eline, we can’t have Lady Eline waiting now, can we?”

“But Mixia wants sky flowers!”

Flores paused for a moment to think and then snapped her fingers. “Well, how about having Mr. Hedford fetch a bunch for us later at the tea table, Little Highness? Won’t drinking tea and looking at the sky flowers just be wonderful?”

Flores smiled at Mixia.

Putting her little mind to work, Mixia decided that the two would go nicely together and thus agreed. “But we must have them as soon as possible!” Mixia warned with a tiny finger.

“Yes, Little Highness, as soon as possible!”

And it was so, a disgruntled Mr. Hedford brought back a vase of sky flowers five minutes after tea time had started and set the flowers of the color of skies on the table.

“Sky flowers! Flores, Flores! Look, the sky flowers! Mr. Hedford too, isn’t it beautiful?” Mixia had a wide smile. Mr. Hedford and Flores both mumbled their agreement and looked at little Mixia who was gazing contentedly at the freshly picked blossoms.

“They bloom around this time, don’t they, Your Highness?” Lady Eline chirped.

“Yep! The skies bloom in Spring!”

0