[Chapter 1] An Unknown Place
264 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a forest, which was covered with trees and accompanied by a calm and clear blue sky, a hole suddenly opened, and from it, fell a man. He fell and hit the ground hard and fainted.

A few hours later…

“AGHH!”, the man woke up groaning and taking a deep breath. His body was unharmed, he looked around himself, still pretty confused as to what was going on and where he was. He remembers being in his room a few minutes ago. “What the hell… am I dreaming?”, he asked to himself. He was very much used to dreams like these because of his imaginative brain. “But it feels so real…”, he said as he touched the grass around him. Even the various fragrant smell released by the flowers around him. He got up, and started walking, thinking it was a bit useless to sit around. If it was a dream, he should make the best out of it, as he did In all of his dreams.

After a few minutes of walking, he heard a strange noise, a kind of noise which was not alien to him, after all he had went to camp in mountains quite a lot of time. “A Waterfall!”, he exclaimed, before sprinting towards the direction of the noise. After a few minutes, he finally arrived. The magnificent view of the waterfall along with the trees really mesmerized him. He went close, took a bit of water in his palms and drank it. It tasted weird so he was about to leave, until he discovered an entrance to a cave from behind the waterfalls. He was curious and so he ventured into the cave without any second thoughts. He thought this was just a dream and it wouldn’t matter even if he died in a dream, after all he had died countless times in other dreams.

He went in, and it was dark, but he could hear something, it sounded like people talking. “Ghosts? No, sounds too bizarre to be true”, he went in deeper, and kept walking and walking until he could see the entrance no more. Suddenly, he heard a rock crack and he was alerted. He for sure knew he wasn’t alone.

Before he could react, a silhouetted figure approached him and slammed his head hard on the ground. The pain he felt was very much real, his head was bleeding. The silhouetted figure pointed a knife on his neck. “Don’t move,” she whispered. The voice was of a female. “State your affiliation,” she asked, while pinning him tightly on the ground.

He calmed himself and answered, “I am not sure what you are talking about…”

“What is it?”, another voice came from behind, it was of a female, dressed in a medieval manner. “Is she some sort of princess,” he thought to himself.

“It’s nothing your highness,” the one who pinned him on the ground replied to the other person. “Oh shit, I was right”, he accidentally spoke out loud. “What did you mean by that?!”, the person who pinned him down exerted extra force.

“Don’t do that, at least confirm who he is,” said the other girl.

“Hey, I don’t know what you want, but if you want to rob me, I have nothing on me. I just randomly discovered this cav-”, he tried to explain but was interrupted, “THAT’S THE POINT! How did you discover the cave. I have cast an illusion spell which should make it look like a rock wall. The fact that you are here, means you were able to break my illusion. Now, who sent you here!?”

“Ugh, what the hell, I don’t know anymore, maybe your illusion spell was weak or someone broke it before I arrived,” he said. This was his first time experiencing being dominated by someone in a dream so it was very surreal for him.

The woman who pinned him down slightly released her grip. She waved her hands in air and chains of ice appeared out of thin air. She then tied him up. This time he got a good look at her. The woman looked seductive with black hair and red ruby eyes. “Holy bazonkas!”, he thought in his mind after seeing her curves.

“Well, let’s have a conversation, yes?” she said. He nodded. “So how did you get here, or what you were doing here?” she asked. He was happy that they were finally having a civil discussion. “I came from a distant place, and got lost on my way,” he lied as she probably wouldn’t buy him coming from another world. But he realized, her eyes turned golden. “Why does this feel familiar…”, he thought. “Wait! Isn’t this eye of truth…?” it suddenly struck him. This was a magic spell from his published book. “Who are you?”, she asked with a skeptical look. He kind of knew why she asked him that, her eyes didn’t turn back to normal, that means the spell failed.

“Just a wanderer.”, he said with a serious face. “So where are you going to?” she asked. “Could I ask you something first”, he said trying to confirm if what she used was eye of truth. “Go on.”

“Did you perhaps use something called ‘Eye of Truth’, a 5th grade magic?”

“Oh? You know about magic, that’s pretty cool and the answer is yes, I did. But it failed for some unknown reason, so I don’t know if you are lying or not.”

It was now clear that he was in his novel’s world, he was not sure anymore if this is a dream. An opportunity to explore and interact with the world and creatures he wrote about.

“So where are you heading,” he asked. “I am assigned with the duty to protect princess and move to Rowrie which is in the west,” she replied.

He recalls that Rowrie is a city which is the heart of the plot of his novel. It’s a very important city where the male protagonist attends magic academy in.

“What a coincidence, I happen to want to go to Rowrie as well, is it possible if I could travel with you guys as well?” he asked, hoping they would accompany him. She gave it a thought for some time and nodded in agreement.

2