Chapter 1. The Author and the Princess
191 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1. The Author and the Princess

My name is Alyson Rivera, 22 years old and a hard-working college student. I work my ass off to pay my bills as I live alone and got no one to rely on except for my auntie whose only redeeming quality is being my mother's younger sister.

I am, indeed, an orphan. My father is a hopeless drunk and a womanizer who abandoned my mother and me five years ago with mounds of debt. His loan sharks caused us problems, which made my mother depressed. She worked hard while raising me alone and died two years ago from an illness.

I hit rock bottom during those times and to relieve my stress, I became hooked on reading novels, more specifically, harem novels. I really like the idea wherein the main character becomes overpowered and starts dominating everyone in the story. I don't know why, but the word domination exhilarates me. 

After working at my part-time job and doing my school work, I'll immediately lie on my bed and starts reading. It became a part of my everyday life. It made me feel like I'm living a life inside those novels, making me forget about my situation in real life. It's really fascinating.

Not until I started getting frustrated from the same used plots every time I jump from one novel to another.

'Should I start making my own novel?' I thought as I stare at my plain white ceiling while lying down comfortably. I just finished scrolling for new exciting novels on my phone but then I got tired after a while.

I am not that talented in writing. Hell, I even hate writing essays... but I guess, there's nothing wrong with trying?

'Hmm... How should I start?'

Before I could even think of a story, my eyelids started to feel heavy. I was busy the past few days, so I guess exhaustion is only starting to set in now. Maybe I should just do it tomorrow since it's Saturday. I got no work and am free to do whatever I want.

'Yeah, I'll just do it tomorrow,' I said before falling asleep.

 

*Ding!*

[Choose your genre..]

 
I was perplexed when a screen appeared in front of me. I looked around, but all I see is white.
 
'Huh? Am I playing a game in my dreams right now? Weird.'
 
Regardless, I still clicked the option buttons on the screen. 'Welp! This is just a dream, so why not try?' 
A lot of options appeared on the screen and I picked those options that I'm familiar with.

 

[Harem]                           [World Building]

[Fantasy]                            [Romance]

[Action]

 
'Am I playing some kind of visual novel? What exactly is this?'
A new screen emerged after I picked the genres I want.

 

[Recommendations: Smut, Mature, R-18]
[OK]

 

'Huh? Why is there no cancel button? ' I thought as I searched the screen for additional buttons to press except the OK button"

"What the hell? Why bother giving me options when you're going to force it anyway? Tsk!" I grumbled, then pressed the 'OK' button to move on.

 

[System downloading… ]

 

'Oh. Okay? What now?'

 

[System downloaded.]
[Initiating Princess Survival System…]

 

'Princess what?'

 

'Shall we proceed?'
[Yes/No]

 

I chose the yes option. Then, all of a sudden, there was a loud pop that made me jump from where I was standing. Confetti showered down on me following the popping sound.

 

[Congratulations! You are now ready to synchronize with the chosen character.]

Chosen Character: Illiazana Ruvis de Livania

Shall we proceed?
[Yes/No]

 

Illiazana... Hmm. I chose another yes.

 

[Initiating Synchronization…]

[Synchronization Successful!]

[Synchronization with Illiazana Ruvis de Livania has been completed.]

 
 
After that, I started feeling dizzy. As my vision began to warp, I became nauseous.
 

'W-what? Isn't this supposed to be a dream?'

 

*Ding!*

[Welcome to Princess Survival System!]

 

That's the last thing I saw before my vision blacked out.

 

***

 

I gradually opened my eyes. I'm still dizzy, possibly from the dream I just had earlier. I was about to get up and get a glass of water when my body began to heat up. I remained on my bed...

'What is going on with me?'

As my body temperature kept on rising, I began to breathe heavily.

 

*Ding!*

'System Warning: Mana Overflow'
[You are currently suffering from an overflow of mana. You'll need a medium to keep it stable]

 

'What? ' I flailed my hands at the thing in front of me. It's exactly the same as it was in my dreams. 'Am I still dreaming?'

Suddenly, a cool hand grabs mine, stopping me from what I'm doing.

"Your Highness! Is there something wrong?. He gasped when he felt my body temperature. "W-what could possibly be the problem now that I've just given you the medication?!" He panicked as he held my trembling hand.

'Princess—Who is this person, and why is he in my room?' I wondered.

"Doctor, please do whatever you can to help the princess!" " Someone sobbed.

"I-ill do my best!

I heard him sigh exhaustedly, "I can't possibly deal with suppressing mana that's considerably stronger than mine. If only His Majesty the Emperor was here..."

I flinched as I felt his cold hand on my forehead. The coldness I felt on my feverish skin made me satisfied that I want it to touch me more. I want it to make contact with every part of my body.

What the hell am I thinking now? It feels like my brain has stopped working. All I can think of right now is to make contact with someone...

 

*Ding!*

'System Warning: Initiating Estrus Mode'
[You are currently in need of a male counterpart to share the overflowing mana. Absorb male essence to get love, ability, and skill points.]

 

Losing my last string of sanity, I pulled his hand, causing him to fall over my body. I drew his face closer to mine right away. 

"Kyaaa! Sir Lucas! Your Highness!" Someone shrieked from across the room.

"Y-your Highness?!" I saw the sheer panic in his eyes. 

"Please touch me." I begged.

"Y-your Highness? W-what are you doi--" he couldn't even finish what he was saying as I had already placed my lips on his.

"M-mppph!"

"P-princess, please s-stop your pranks right now!"

I pulled my lips away from the guy I was kissing and looked around for the source of the disturbance. "Get out!" I yelled at the young lady standing at the foot of my bed making her flinched.

Frightened by my angry voice, she trembled and then immediately run to the door. I returned to what I was doing after getting rid of the disturbance.

"Y-your Highness..." said the guy whom I'm not familiar with. Even in the dim light, I could tell he was incredibly good-looking.

I studied every detail of his attractive face. Brown hair, blue eyes, and a pointed nose... My gaze was drawn to his moist parted lips. His red and helpless face is so enticing that it appears to be inviting me for more.

His breathing got heavy, as did mine. We both seem to be anticipating something.

I placed my lips against his right ear allowing him to hear my labored breathing... tempting him more.

 

"Will you keep on touching me?"

***

 

0