All on Roxana’s Shoulder
76 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'__' : Thoughts
"__" : Speaking

[1190 Words]
-------------
(3rd Person POV)

The next day,

Aston Phoenix was resting in his room with a tranquil expression.

Yes, a mass murderer was resting without a worry in the world...

But he is the main character, so who cares?

Anyway, while he rested, Edmund was standing in the room guarding his master.

He had a questioning expression, full of curiosity. But after the last warning, he had learnt his lesson so he was not saying anything.

"Edmund, ask what you want to ask. I don't have anything better to do anyway. Don't worry about overstepping your bounds." said Aston.

Edmund exhaled the breath he didn't even know he was holding and asked with a tinge of wariness in his tone, "May I ask you why did you kill the servants in the dining room yesterday? I didn't think there was any need in killing them."

"Hmm...Well, it was because Lant was trying his luck too much with me. You heard what he said about my mother. Do you think I am gonna leave him alone? And it may have been too much time since the last meeting, he may have grown careless and delusional."

"But, my lord. Couldn't you show your power when you were alone with him?"

Aston released a long sigh and said, "Edmund, you are useful but you care about people too much. And anyway, they are employed by the Agriches, most of them had dealt with crime and killing."

"Yes, my lord but weren't innocent people there too?"

Aston let out a slight chuckle and he said, "Well, who cares about some innocent lives lost in the process? It is for the betterment of the society that I managed to kill such murderers, it's for the greater good. And Edmund, if you are with me, you should expect blood to flow. Are you tired of this and want to leave the position under me?"

The last line was said in a threatening way, to make the person it was for, question their thoughts again.

Edmund remembered that promise he did to his father and then kneeled in front of his lord, "I will always walk with you, my lord. No matter the path you choose."

Aston had a satisfied smile as he began to have much more faith in Edmund's loyalty.

The atmosphere by a knock on the door.

An innocent voice came from outside, "Uh, your majesty. Can I enter your room?"

"Yes, you can enter Panem."

Panem entered the room nervously with a notebook in his hand.

He came in front of Aston and bowed deeply.

"Greetings, your majesty."

Aston replied in a calming manner, "Hello Panem. I hope you got a good sleep."

"Thank you, your majesty. I just wanted to ask you what can I do for you. I was employed by you yesterday and wanted to ask what tasks I can fulfil."

Hearing Panem's request, Aston lightly stroked his chin while thinking.

"Hmm... I mean, I don't have much work to give you. You know what? You use that notebook of yours to note everything you can catch from your eyes and ears. You do know that things don't seem to be just like they are on the surface."

Panem seriously nodded with shining eyes as he had received his first job.

Aston continued with a bemused expression, "That's why you have to take everything that we can use to our advantage and note it down. This can help us in the political arena. That's your job for now in Agriche territory."

Panem replied as seriously as he could, "Of course, your majesty. I will not let you down."

"Good, You can now go back to your room. Just be sure to not let the Agriches know what you are doing."

After Panem had left, Aston looked like he was in a trance, his eyes were out of focus and his expression was something Edmund couldn't make anything out of it.

Then a chortle came out of his mouth as he had noticed something in his surroundings.

He said while looking out of the window, "Edmund, I thought I would be bored here in this place as Lant won't give back the prince of the blue back easily. I may have to resort to violent things to get him back. But my mind has slightly changed. You want to know why I just laughed, right?"

Edmund didn't reply back as he looked at the ground.

"Well, I was not gonna tell you even if you asked except something interesting is gonna happen."

----------------
In a private greenhouse on the other side of the Agriche estate,

Roxana Agriche stood in front of an egg.

That egg was of the animal 'Poison Butterfly', a venomous butterfly that is born by feeding only on the poisonous blood of its own host.

This butterfly was first found by the head of the Huipelions, the person who could control any animal in existence.

But as Roxana already knew of its existence beforehand, she could try to make it her own.

Though, there are chances of her not being able to tame it.

She had three eggs in total.

The other two perished in incubation.

That's what she wanted others to know...

Actually, she had already hatched one of the venomous butterflies. She was keeping it a secret from the others as this can be one of her concealed weapons.

She wanted it to be used at an important time.

After she had fed her blood to the remaining egg, she came out of the greenhouse.

One of her maids was waiting for her.

The maid said, "Miss, the head of the house wanted your presence in his office."

"Father wanted me? Okay."

While she had given that simple answer, her mind was in turmoil.

She was thinking of the reasons her father might be wanting her presence in the office.

Maybe it is because they are going against the crown prince openly...

Maybe they will try to maintain peace between both parties and give back Cassis Pedelian...

Maybe they are going to deny the presence of Cassis Pedelian in their territory...

These thoughts filled her mind.

Soon, she stood in front of the office and took a deep breath to calm herself down.

She knocked on the door and a reply from her father came.

"Enter, Roxana."

She entered the office and saw Jeremy standing in front of her father.

She calmly went in front of her father and asked, "Father, you called us for something?"

Lant Agriche let out a big sigh and said in an anxious tone, "You know from yesterday's incident that we are in a bad situation. We need to find a way to handle the crown prince."

Other individuals in the room didn't say anything but it was apparent that they agreed with it.

Lant looked at Roxana with a serious expression and said, "To counter this, I have thought of a solution."

"Roxana, I want you to seduce the prince."

-----------------------
(End of the Chapter)

ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ

Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter. 

5