Chapter 5 – Amnesiac
28 4 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The inside of the clinic was a bit different from what Syalt envisioned. Yes, he had clinics in his old world too, but they didn’t have the same chilling air this one possessed. 

In fact, it was so cold that he was shivering. Each individual hair on his skin started to stand up as Syalt hurriedly looked for a way to keep himself warm.

‘Wait a minute… The last time I made physical contact with Akari…’ Syalt thought back to the time when he held hands with the girl beside him in order to not get lost. ‘She was inexplicably warm that time.’ 

Even now, he could still remember that warm, caressing feeling. It was exciting, euphoric even. 

When it comes down to it, a man had to do what he had to do! 

And so, he stretched out his arms! From one side to the other, they extended all the way around Akari's body. 

Syalt then wrapped his entire body around the girl, not giving her time to react. A predator should always strike when the prey least expects it!

"W–what are you doing!?" 

"This is nice. Your body temperature is warm, and thus allows me to shelter myself from the encroaching cold. Oh, there it is! You've become even warmer. Especially over here, in your cheeks." 

"You perverted old man! Get off me!" Feeling trapped in Syalt's hug, Akari did the only thing she knew what to do when she was in a sticky situation that involved a male!

"Here! Take this! You goddamn pervert!" The tip of Akari's shoe shone as she drove the object into Syalt's jewels with all her might, uncaring if he were to lose his ability to procreate. 

"How… *cough* vulgar of you. I merely did it because it was cold." 

Syalt was now sprawled over the floor, his hands grasping at his genitals, making sure they could still function. Even for the strongest human, a kick to their most important place was sure to cause major pain! 

By this time, the other patients who were seated nearby had a mixture of different reactions to the two's display. 

Some were laughing, some were annoyed, and the men were visibly uncomfortable. Even if they themselves weren't hit, they felt the pain all the same. 

"Akari! How many times have I told you not to cause so much of a ruckus everytime you come here! I'm going to lose patients because of you!" The door on the other side of the room suddenly burst open, and a man wearing a lab coat, seemingly in his forties, yelled out loud.

His hair was in a mess. It was tangled up in all sorts of different ways, somehow in a way that the grey hairs in his head came through even more than the tophat nestled impossibly on one side of his head. 

Eyebags were visible under both of his pupils, completely drawing attention away from his scarlet eyes that seemed to shimmer from the light bulb directly above him. 

"You don't think it's because you never pay any attention to how you dress, old man? When was the last time you slept, anyway?" 

"Don't be like that, Akari. You know I have to do this."

"Oh… I'm sorry." 

"It's okay. Now come on! Life is too short for us to be sad at every moment. Who's this, your boyfriend?" 

"No, and he never will be."

"Is that so? Then why are you holding hands with him?" 

"Ah! You jerk! I told you to let go!" 

Another groan of pain was heard from Syalt, as a swift attack on his lower body was all it took for his life to flash before his eyes once again. 

"He supposedly lost his memory. So I need you to run a scan or something on his brain. Isn't that what they do for amnesiacs?" 

"Oh, so this is the so-called Syalt I've been hearing so much about. Akari talks about you a lot, you know. It's mostly to complain, since you don't pay rent." 

"I don't? I guess it makes sense, since I woke up to see my home in a mess." 

"Hah! It's a mess, he says. Everytime I come over to check on you, you always say it's fine." 

"Do I now?" 

"You do!" 

"You two seem to be having fun. Now come, I've had the room prepped and ready to go, so we can start the scan right away." 

"Great. Can you just message me the results later? I can't trust Syalt here not to lie." 

"That's fine, but you're going already?"

"Yeah, I have school." 

"Ah, right. Have fun." 

"Good luck, Akari."

After the two of them waved goodbye to Akari, the doctor (who introduced himself as Rowley) led Syalt into the room where his brain would be scanned. 

***

"Well, this is a treat."

"Doctor? Is there something wrong?" 

Rowley had just finished the scan on Syalt's brain a few minutes ago. It took a bit of time for him to get Syalt into the scanner, since he was adamant about not wanting to be "eaten" by the tube. 

But they were able to calm him down, and the results had just now shown themselves on the monitor in front of Rowley. 

"Do you see the abnormality, Lisa? Right… over here?"

"I do, Doctor. It looks like we do have an amnesiac on our hands." 

"Good. Then please inform Mr. Akuzu that I'll be there to see him in a bit." 

After the scan, Syalt was let out and was now waiting in the lobby for his results. He was a bit anxious, given how he wasn't actually an amnesiac, but instead a reincarnator. 

But who'd believe that? Syalt didn't really have an option due to his limited knowledge of the one known as Akuzu Syalt. As far as he knew, playing the amnesiac was the best thing he could do. 

There was a chance that Memory Removal magic could work, but Syalt knew he couldn't use it efficiently when he was locked to the First Realm at the moment. 

"Mister Akuzu, Doctor Rowley wishes to see you. Please follow me." 

After being led by a surprisingly beautiful nurse to a door that was labeled "Dr. Kruger", Syalt lightly knocked on the door three times, as he remembered from the mental images that it was a knock of courtesy. 

"Come in." 

The door opened, and Syalt looked to see Rowley in his glasses. He didn't even bother to look to the door when it opened, but Syalt still caught sight of the nod he made.

"I'll keep it straight and give it to you directly. You actually do have amnesia." 

Syalt sighed in relief, although this was unseen by Rowley due to his face being locked towards the screen. 

"There's no actual treatment for it, so the only real thing I can prescribe to you is some rest. You'll probably start remembering things once your brain heals." 

"By any chance, do you at least remember how you lost your memory? Like, do you recall tripping somewhere?" 

"I don't believe I do. I woke up in my bed." 

"I see. If so, then we're not going to be able to do much here. Anyway, I'll just text Akari the details, so try to take it easy for a bit. Now, will that be all for you?" 

"I have a question." 

"Go ahead." For the first time in their conversation, Rowley took his gaze away from the monitor and looked to Syalt. 

"What do you suggest I do for money?" 

"Money? Oh, right. You did have a bit of a bad history with Akari over your rent. I like your enthusiasm, but I have to advise against working too hard. You could very well impede your recovery this way." 

"Maybe a part-time job at a convenience store will do? It's not all that hard, and you have to start somewhere." 

"Or if you can handle it, then how about you come work for me?" 

"Work? For you?" 

"That's right. I won't be asking you for anything difficult, but I can promise you that the pay will be better than any other place if you were to work part-time." 

"So? How about it?" 

0