Chapter 2: Ruler
290 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A year after arrival to the overworld.

Its quiet and peaceful, the gate sits there towering over the city gathering dust, hasn't been touched since the empire arrived and made a new home.

What has been going on however is a new system was established, the war guild, science guild and religion guild, while the first two are self explanatory, the last one is a bunch of brainwashed people and fanatics that believe Lilith to be god.

The same Lilith that now sits on her balcony sipping a glass of red wine.

Its midnight and the city is asleep, some squads of the war guild patrol the area, either by foot or vehicle.

The science guild documents the flora and fauna found in this new world, but the advancement of technology was stuck in a neck, while some progress came from the blue energy, it still remains stuck.

The world exploration was 100% complete basically, at the start two drones were sent out and returned with horrifying data, the world is a big chunk of land, has mountains, rivers and one beach. An ocean that goes five kilometers from the land, and at the edge of the world is fog that stretches into the horizon, anything that goes in, gets spit back out.

But exploration didn't stop there, it actually got even bigger that it might get its own guild in the future, as cave systems were found around the land, new flora was found every day and along with such new things came discoveries of monsters, ugly, big and strong.

The peace was disturbed by a knock on the door.

"Come in"

A woman in uniform entered and stood behind Lilith, the woman's hand stayed behind her back, her shoulders straight, chest out and face forward.

"What is it?" Lilith asked in a hard voice, laced with irritation that someone disturbed her peace.

"Your majesty we have found something, and we need your presence at sector A2" the woman replied.

Lilith hummed as she quietly sipped from her glass of wine, in a slow and elegant manner, until she finished and stood up, she put away the wine glass and took her cap.

And left the room with her subject following four steps away.

Through the corridor to the elevator, arriving at the roof where a hovercraft was waiting, Lilith steps in, followed by her subject.

It was quiet, no one talked to anyone, everything was in order.

As it should be, order is an obsession for Lilith.

Something she took a degree, that if anyone cut through the straight line she built, they would surely see a terrible side of her.

POV: Lilith

It has been ten days since that strange noise made its presence in my mind, nothing was wrong with my health, and so I set the science guild on a mission to find where the noise comes from because this world is strange, when I came here and brought my people with me, I had carried a mission full of ambition and greed for power growth, but it grew to disappointment of what I found.

An incomplete world, a cage.

That noise though changed many things, it started with just creepy sounds, then changed to whispers. As if the devil was saying words to me, wishing me to come to it and succumb to whatever it plans.

I learned to tune them out, the whispers.

I was relaxed in that moment, but today it was disturbed.

It was at midnight, that the science guild found something inside the largest mountain yet, a result of exploring a cave system. A large lake was found inside a hollow area, and I am now standing near it looking down at my reflection while my subjects do what they do best.

I was looking at my reflection, my mouth a jar, the whispers were back and they were screaming but now they are clearer, I could understand them.

And when I blinked a white screen showed its presence to me, I could see that no one else noticed the anomaly, and so I read through it.

 

You have found activation point of the world, would you like to claim it?

 

I tried pressing 'yes' with my index finger, only for it go through, so I tried the next best thing, moved my mind, my will to press 'yes' and it worked.

POV: NONE

Where the lake resided, it started shaking, people started to panic, afraid that the mountain would collapse on them. But soon it stopped, the lake started drying, its water level going down until it was no more and what remained was a small glowing ball of golden energy which floated up and headed towards Lilith entering her chest.

An invisible shockwave was released from the mountain and once it hit the fog representing the borders of the overworld, it moved backwards and as it did, it revealed more islands and parts of the already explored land where the empire's capital Unity is located in.

For every human, they heard one thing in their ears.

 

Announcement: Lilith Eldar has been chosen as Epic Ruler

 

For Lilith it was a different thing she heard.

 

You now are an Epic Ruler

You get basic abilities based on your soul signature

Abilities that will evolve with you, ones that will be shared with a special race built by you once you reach the required authority Level

Current Authority Level: G
To Upgrade, a Level F Otherworld needs to be fused with Epic Ruler Territory

Lilith smiled, her eyes closed, hands in a grip motion. Her shoulders shaking, once it couldn't be resisted, a loud laugh came from her, one that scared the shit out of those near her.

Once the laughing villainess stopped, she looked at all her present subjects and her smile turned into a wide grin, her blue eyes glowed red for a moment and said "Prepare for war!"

 

11