Chapter 6: Unterwasser
151 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV: NARRATIVE

A month has passed since the magic awakening.

A type of birds evolved nearby and in just a few days it bred armies and formed a herd, attacked the empire’s farms cutting off the food supply.

Another type evolved but this one was much worse as it had an electric attack which paralyzes the turrets placed on defensive high places and has a pair of strong horns that caused a crack on the enforced walls protecting the capital.

This drove the science guild to cook up something.

A young boy at the age of fourteen was discovered to have a special talent.

[The Empress of Shields: can enclose a magic shield ball around the holder and associates, consumes 50 Mana Points.]

They worked day and night to work out something to imitate the shield and surprisingly succeeded and created the first magitech, a piece of machinery that combines magic and science but comes another problem and that is mana.

Mana exists in the air but its too little, lifeforms can produce mana but this mana is contained inside their bodies and its only released into the world after their deaths, whether human or monster thus enriching the mana of the world.

And with the shield magitech created to envelope the capital and farms requires a large amount of mana to sustain itself, and no person can really inject mana without running out everyday, taking the mana in the air was something they followed and couldn’t make it so that the shields passively absorb and sustain themselves, trapped in a knot with no idea how to solve the problem of powering the shields. That is until a person from the civilian guild put forward an idea which was based on one of his relatives talent, which is ‘Endowment’.

(AN: civilian guild is the new addition Lilith mentioned in the previous chapter)

[Endowment: Endow another with mana.]

This caught the science guild off guard, another talent? And so here comes the religion guild or the church in this case, introduced a way to take a peek at some else's stats.

Lilith interfered and ordered them to record every persons stats.

A lot happened and two weeks later the empire has a factory built and opened in which machines are operated to produce mana batteries, opening more jobs for people to go and get their mana sucked almost dry and get paid.

While Lilith had it more easy and could endow anything with her magic, manipulate her magic and do things which normal humans could not, the science guild couldn’t really go and ask her to produce batteries everyday? That is blasphemy!

And so their factory plan proved successful for now as the shields went online a week later.

In this month, many empire citizens neared level 20, with monsters leading the stage as they seemed to have an advantage at gaining levels at a fast pace.

The capital Unity of the empire became more lively as days pass, and all that could be contributed to the new established guild.

The civilian guild which already has many branches which are linked to other guilds and one of those is ‘adventure branch’.

Youngsters with dreams of becoming heroes for the empire go out there to become stronger.

A month full of surprises but also one filled with blood, sweat and tears as humans are emotional creatures.

And now with the month at its end, and the beginning of another.

Something made people pale though, and that is the spreading rumors of Lilith slaughtering monsters without breaking a sweat with her godlike powers, which only prompted some people to worship her even more as this truly happened and moreover it became apparent that as Lilith used her powers the more mana her magic reservoir produced, if her mana was at 1000 then now she has about 10000, such terrifying growth should make you go pale with fright.

A person who becomes more powerful the more they fight is a true monster.

And that same person now stands before a greek styled temple, looks big comparing it to a human but the trees behind it say otherwise as they are on a completely other level.

Lilith expression was serious as she stepped inside the temple, she did not look at anything except the floor, she turned around and faced the exit, waved her hand and doors closed shut with a thud. She started pumping her magic into the floor, the magic became visible, its golden color giving a striking feature to the interior as it slithered up on the walls, runic letters appeared on the floor glowing, soon magic circles followed and the interior of the temple was glowing brightly, the light seeped to the outside through the windows getting the patrols nearby’s attention.

The light soon retreated inside.

As Lilith started floating, her eyes closing as the magical circle rotated many times, forming even a shield around her.

[You have activated ability ‘Void Channel’]
[Void Channel is now bound to the area ‘Temple of Lilith’]
[Otherworld UW-F is now anchored to The Overworld]
[Sending Individual Lilith to UW-F…Failed, space channel is unstable]
[Sending Individual Soul Lilith to UW-F…Successful]
[Ruler system will now go into hibernation due to UW-F having no mana presence]

Lilith found herself in the void, then she felt as if she’s being pushed, soon her surroundings brightened.

The brightness dimmed as she found herself in the middle of the streets, vehicles coming and going, she was confused not of where she is but what just happened, she seemed to not have a corporeal form, as cars went through her body, pedestrians were going about their lives as if she was not there.

A ghost.

‘I guess I’m only here in soul form?’ Lilith thought, still confused.

She moved from the middle the road to the sidewalk, as she tried to touch a person only for her hand to go through, then moved and tried to do the same to the wall and strangely enough, her hand landed on the wall and not through it.

She looked around her, she already had an idea of where she is based on the flag ‘America’, no longer confused but anyone if they see her that is, they would see heated eyes and a scrunched up expression, angry? No, its hate!

Although not towards this worlds America but still in her former world, America was a problem for her, they went against her ideals and got in her way every time.

But still this is America she found herself in, and well if she were there physically, it would be bad for everyone.

But still their time, no! this whole world’s time is ticking, its only a moment of when Lilith finds a way to interact with the world physically.

As Lilith thought things through, she looked at everything with fuming hate, soon her hateful expression was replaced with a wide smile, eyes that held no emotion.

 


(AN: This is a small world experimentation then will come the big stuff after this one, i have a wheel of fortune filled with anime, movies, tv shows and comics. if you don't suggest a fictional world for mc to go to, i'll make myself go through with it.)

5