Chapter 1 – Road to Reincarnation
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a group of people moving through the woods that was invested by vile creatures.

Leader of the group easily sliced through a monster and yelled to the rest to the group – “This was the last one of them and I can’t sense any other near us.”

He looked through the members of his group and saw that there was fatigue showing on their faces, so he said – “We will take a short break here to catch our breath. After the break we will talk through the invasion plan for the last time.” – The others nodded and they started to relax while the leader was looking at the Dark Castle in the distance.

---

“My lord the scout monsters reported that the intruders are closing on the castle and killed most of our defensive monsters.” - said the butler to his lord while bowling to him.

The Evil Lord scowled and replied to the butler with a hint of anger in his voice – “The cockroaches are finally here to be exterminated. Slave, start preparing the traps at the entrance of the castle and also equip yourself for invasion.”

“Yes, my lord.” – said the butler and left the throne room to prepare the traps against the invaders.

The lord was sitting on his throne deep in thought – ‘This group of cockroaches are more troublesome and resilient than I expected. They killed all of my high tier monsters that never failed to defend the castle before. These are pretty big loses as they cost a huge amount of mana and time to summon them. The only defensive measures left are my power, the traps and the slave. I should also start making preparations if everything fails.’

Dark lord stood up from his throne and chanted in an ancients magic language and disappeared from the throne room after he finished the chant.

---

The group of invaders arrived at the enormous black steel door entrance of the Dark Castle, which was oozing with dark poisonous miasma.

Leader of the group flinched as he noticed the dangerous black smoke and suddenly stopped and raised his hand in order to stop the group and turned to one of his teammate – “Oliver, How many traps do you detect at the entrance and can you disable them with your thief skill?”

Thief of the group moved closer to the steel door and suddenly the color of his eye changed as he started looking at the door and it’s surrounding.

After a few seconds his eye color changed back and he turned back to the leader and said – “Lucas, the entrance is heavily protected by traps and it would take a lot of time for me to disable them. Not to mention that it would be pretty risky for me as well.”

Lucas nodded and turned to the last member of the group and said – “Sophia, Can you blow up the gate and the traps around it with a magic blast?”

Sophia turned and inspected the heavy door and said smugly – “Sure. You know in the past I have also blown up a whole big castle, so a little door won’t be a problem.”

“Please don’t destroy the castle this time.” – said Lucas with a sigh.

Lucas got in front of the whole group and determinedly said – “OK, the plan is the following: Sophia blows up the gate and the traps around it, I rush into the castle with my shield first tanking any incoming attacks, Oliver closely follows me and alerts us for any other traps and lastly Sophia enters and supports us from behind with magic attacks.”

“Oliver, Once we are in and you don’t see any dangerous traps you will need to disappear and hide somewhere near the Evil Lord. When you see a chance you need to incapacitate and capture him. We need to capture him alive for our mission to be successful.”

Every body in the group got into position and Lucas continued - “Okay, on my Mark we attack. 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. ATTACK!”

---

The Evil Lord was summoning skeleton archers when a huge explosion shake the castle and dust cloud rushed into the castle, which made the visibility worse inside the castle and covered the entrance.

The Lord flinched and started coughing, but soon shout – “Skeleton archers start shooting at the entrance! Slave come here and defend me!”

The butler ran to his lord and took a defensive stance with his shield in front of his lord while he was scanning for danger.

Arrows started flying forward into the dust cloud and different sounds could be heard as a result. Most of them caused a damp sound, but some of them caused a sharp metallic sounds. Other than this some boot sounds could be heard as well coming closer and closer to the Evil Lord.

Evil lord quickly noticed that the archers were useless and cast Soul Killer Wind spell, which pushed out the dust cloud and revealed a big Magic Shield spell with two people behind it, Lucas and Sophia. They had no visible damage as the magic shield took care of the Soul Killer Wind spell.

Sophia quickly noticed the the enemy and cast multiple Lightning Fireballs targeting each of them.

Evil lord quickly reacted and cast a small dense Magic Shield on himself, which easily took on the spell, while the butler used his shield to take it which caused a little damage as the lightning stunned him.

The skeleton archers didn’t have any defensive capability, so they were easily eliminated by the Lightning Fireball.

After everything, a stiff silence enveloped the throne room as both group realized that they were matched power wise and it caused a nervous standoff between them. The silence was broken by Lucas – “Surrender Evil Lord! We are the Hero Team from the Righteous Guild and we came to bring you to justice!”

Evil Lord frowned and thought – ‘Dammit these vermin are stronger than I thought. I either risk fighting them or run away. I can only summon weak monsters right now and one of my strongest spell was repelled by them which means that fighting is very risky and not worth it. This means that I have to run away now and get my revenge latter when I have the absolute upper hand.’

His evilness throw a Blood Shield Sacrifice totem at the butler who in turn started to scream in agony as his body slowly turned into a big spherical grotesque bloody red shield. At the same time the lord also started chanting a slow, but high level Teleportation spell.

Lucas quickly realized what was happening and started running towards the lord as he shouted to Sophia – “Quickly dispel the shield before he can escape!”

Sophia quickly throw a Dispel totem at the shield that she prepare in advance for the invasion, which slowly started to break down the shield starting from the top of the shield.

Evil Lord was smiling even though the shield was breaking, because the hero group was too faraway from him and it will take some time for the shield to completely disappear, but suddenly the lord fell hard to the floor as something heavy fell on him.

It was the third party of the Hero group, Oliver. During the fighting he was waiting for his chance on the chandelier of the throne room that was above the throne. He took his chance when he saw that the shield started disappear and had a a big enough hole on the top of it for him to fit into.

Oliver put the Evil Lord in handcuffs and put a Slave Collar on him, which blocked his magic and would kill him if he disobeyed any order or tried to hurt somebody else. He helped up the lord while the others arrived at the scene.

Evil lord panted in pain and started thinking about his situation – ‘Ugh, dammit! I didn’t expect that the group also had a sneaky rat in it. My situation is grave and my only remaining choice is to do my final evil act while they are disorganized.’

“Archers kill them!” - shouted angrily the Evil Lord.

Every member of the hero group flinched and started to look around to find the hidden archers, but there was none. Evil Lord used this as a chance to take Oliver’s dagger and stabbed himself in the heart.

As the hero group realized this was only a diversion they quickly looked back at the Evil Lord as saw that he was quickly bleeding out with the evil smirk on his mouth.

Lucas came out of the shock first and wanted to ask Sophia to try to heal the Evil Lord when the castle suddenly started chaotically rambling as the Evil Lord’s hearth stopped. Rambling got stronger and stronger and a small red light appeared few seconds later in the middle of the throne room which started to grow exponentially and destroyed everything that it touched.

---

In the soul world a maniac cackling laugh could be heard which was coming from the Evil Lord’s soul who enjoyed his view of the carnage he left behind as his soul was quickly pulled away from his body to the unknown. He was especially elated as his last spell the Death Doom destroyed everything in a 10 km radius both in the physical and the soul world, which mean that his annoying little cockroach problem got solved forever.

0