327. Promise
257 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two teams met in the middle of the carrier's outer deck.

On one side, the elite crew of the Star Pirates, 40 first-class warriors, and 160 second-class warriors.

God race, insect race, beast race, eternal undead race, dragon man race, titan race, demon race, and elemental dark elves - the crème de la crème of the eight races.

On the other side were Raine's strongest crew members. Although Raine didn't rank them, there was no doubt that they were the bounty group even arguably Earth's strongest.

The two sides did not waste much time on words and started fighting as soon as they met! This intense battle was the most terrifying in Earth's history. Both sides had a common goal - to fight quickly and decisively!

Everyone attacked with lethal moves from the outset, aiming to eliminate the enemy as quickly as possible.

"Root Entanglement!" Woodborn's skill was the first to start the battle, generating numerous vines from the metallic battleship's interior, trying to entangle the enemy.

But the enemy also responded swiftly. Some used sharp weapons to cut off the vines, some relied on sheer power to tear them apart, and some depended on their evasive bodies to avoid the vines. The eight races each had their distinctive features, each demonstrating their unique abilities.

Of course, Woodborn and his team did not believe they could annihilate the enemy with a single skill. Woodborn's real goal was to disrupt the enemy's formation and, from their actions, to preliminarily determine the strength of each enemy's individual power.

The eight races managed to free themselves from Woodborn's entanglement. Delkel roared, "Anyone who dares to have designs on Earth, I'll make you understand what regret feels like today! Demon God, Soul Pact!"

Dewey snorted, "Storm Incarnate!"

Relying on the rolling heat waves beneath her feet, Lina slowly rose, a ball of flame appearing in each hand, "Magma Fire Element, Rain of Fire!"

A massive amount of fire rained down on the enemy's position.

The eight races did not back down. Several of the Titans suddenly grew in size, reaching seventy to eighty meters. They used their tough bodies as shields to protect their teams from the rain of fire. The dragonmen simply opened their mouths and spewed out venom, fire, frost, and other elemental attacks.

Close combat was imminent. Everyone found their opponents and began to fight fiercely!

The star pirates' warrior classification system certainly made sense. The first-class warriors were extremely powerful, and these 40 people were noticeably stronger than the second-class warriors. They could only be countered by the very top fighters. Even powerful warriors like Delkel and Lina were temporarily unable to defeat their opponents in one-on-one battles and seemed to be at a disadvantage.

Raine took advantage of the gaps in repairing the battleship to observe the battlefield. Seeing his people at a disadvantage as soon as the two sides clashed, he tensed up.

This was the situation with the strongest ten team leaders. Others, especially Shobe, Arthur, and Trajan, were not children of the sea god. They had few skills, but due to the 40 first-class warriors on the enemy side, they had to face warriors stronger than themselves and quickly fell into a disadvantage.

"Damn it, it's bad enough that their fleet is so strong, but their individual fighting power is also monstrous!" Raine was anxious.

The Invincible Fleet, it wasn't a baseless reputation. This elite squad alone could already surpass Earth's strongest 200!

"Fancy, I can't get away right now. Take White, Little Turkey, Tiger King, and go support them right away!" Raine urgently said, "Avril, they're in danger. Gather more fighters to support them immediately. Hold on as long as you can, as long as we can last a little longer, we can beat them on the front lines!"

Fancy immediately followed the instructions, taking the three beasts to reinforce the others.

Avril conveyed Raine's order. If they were outmatched in individual strength, then they would win in numbers!

The front-line battle had been going on for over an hour now.

Both sides saw a sharp decrease in their fighter numbers. The star pirates had lost more than 55,000 fighters, leaving only 5,000. The bounty group lost 13,500, leaving only 4,500!

Under the circumstances of comparable numbers, the Star Shuttle Fighters started to show a noticeable decrease in losses and began to attack the enemy ships, but in this process, they lost a lot of fighters.

As for the carriers, Raine managed to retain 18 of them. The eight uses of the four-elemental shields were all exhausted. Five carriers were attacked by the insect race and lost their ability to attack. The other carriers were critically low on ammunition.

Over 70% of the floating cannons had stopped firing and could only seek to attack enemy fighters with kamikaze attacks.

Due to the large amount of materials used to repair the battleships, Raine's side could no longer produce more ammunition. The situation was not optimistic.

The only consolation was that the enemy's firepower seemed to be weakening as well.

After such a long period of intense fighting, the enemy's ammunition reserves definitely couldn't keep up.

After a grueling fifteen minutes, the battlefield was left with only sporadic gunfire. Both sides were out of ammunition and provisions!

At this stage, the battle had transitioned from the most intense firefight to close combat.

The focus of the contest had shifted to the outer deck of Carrier 14!

On Raine's side, over 300 elite crew members had already been sacrificed. The enemy's side wasn't much better. Despite their superior strength, they lost fewer than 50 people, but they still couldn't break through the human defenses!

Above Carrier 14, another spectral battleship materialized at this moment, and a transport ship descended from its belly... The design of this transport ship was evidently more fortified than the previous one.

Swiftly, Raine returned to Carrier 1, transferring his consciousness back to the Son of Poseidon.

Avril noted the shift of Raine's consciousness back into the physical body of the Son of Poseidon, heralding that the final battle was indeed about to commence.

"Raine!" Abruptly, Avril embraced Raine tightly.

For the longest time, Avril had never been one to succumb to impulsiveness, yet at this moment, she disregarded the grand scheme of things, clinging onto Raine.

Raine did not rebuke Avril, he tenderly caressed her hair. This woman was his first true crew member! From a template ship to today's interstellar battleship, she had always been at his side. She was his right-hand woman, the one he trusted the most, his safe harbor.

"If we survive this time, could you promise not to take me to any further places?"

Burying Avril's head into his chest, Raine vowed in a profound tone, "I promise you, if I return alive, we will remain at our base, living the most unassuming lives."

Having said that, Raine abruptly pushed Avril away, picked up his sword, and walked towards the outer cabin.

14