10. Storm is coming
5.7k 3 162
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fish skin bottom reduces the friction of the water flow, and sailing is much faster.

Along the way, Avril and White paddled, ate, drank, and got closer to their destination.

It is said that love is bad for single, but now Raine is embarrassed to find that he is that single.

What's worse is that when the weather gets hot, Avril will take off her clothes just like no people around... it's too sexy!

Do you think I don't have a dick?

The answer is yes. He even does not have a stick.

Fine, don't care. My goal is to dominate the Azure Era.

The next morning, after the boat had been underway for some time, Avril put down her oars and looked around, "Captain, two of the three islands are not far apart. The nearest one should be near here. Strange how I can't see it? I think It's foggy in the morning, and visibility is too low."

Raine was pretty sure there were no islands around here, as his warning system didn't beep.

"Let's take a stroll," Raine said.

"Aye, Captain."

The small boat bobbed around the surrounding waters, and not long after, a long-awaited voice rang in Raine's head.

Found a miniature coral island at 193 degrees southwest, 497 meters

Raine's spirits rose, "Avril, row the boat. I know where it is!"

"Oh, yes, Captain."

Avril had been playing with White for a while, but It's not just playing. After Avril's coaching, White was now paddling the boat with his teeth and making it go a bit faster.

There are four main islands: mainland, volcanic, alluvial, and coral. But this was the information Raine had previously known, and he wasn't sure how many there were now.

The place they were going to was a coral island. It is made up of coral worms and crusty creature carcasses and is not too large.

The size of the island has nothing to do with Raine. He was here to cut down trees, not to settle.

Gradually, the island became clear in the crowd's view. It indeed was a small island, perhaps only a square kilometer in size.

Worse still, the island was only with some felled trees, bare and nothing...

"What the fuck, who cut all the trees? How there's not a single one left?" Raine said angrily.

Avril was also looking at the island blankly at this point. They would have faced the same sight if her family had come here.

"It looks like someone found it. After all... judging by the trees cut down, they should have just been here a few months ago."

"Then the other island probably be discovered too."

Raine hasn't given up yet. He found this island with great difficulty. How could he give up so easily? Raine said, "Whatever the other one, let's dock and see if there's any more wood we can use."

The boat docked. Avril and White went ashore to check it out and soon returned.

From Avril's frustrated expression and the fact that she and White’s empty hands, Raine already knew the answer - the place had been searched to the last crumb.

"Get in and go to the next island!"

Three hours later, the same thing happened again. The second island even was cleaner than the first.

"Damn, is it necessary to cut so cleanly? Not even a small tree?" Raine said indignantly. Originally, he could get several hundred usable woods, enough for him to level up several levels. But now, no shit left!

"Captain, wood is an essential commodity for us," Avril explained, "In this day and age, ships mean everything!"

"Because of the scarcity of wood, even when they come across trees that don't grow, they dig them up and take them back to plant for later use."

Those remaining stumps are unusable, and those pits in the ground must have been left when they dug the trees.

Raine let out a long sigh. It looked like they were too late.

"Hey, forget it. It's useless to say anything now. Anyway, you guys get in the boat first." Raine was also depressed, but he had accepted it. He could even accept his re-generation into a raft. What else could he not accept? "By the way, didn't you say there was another island? That one doesn't live near these two islands. It should still have a chance."

Avril said with slight difficulty this time, "Captain, that island is the smallest of the three. And, as I remember, it is in very dangerous waters."

"Hmm? I thought you said the uninhabited waters were safe?" Raine asked curiously.

"Captain, there is no perfect safe area at sea, and I'm only talking about a relatively safe area compared to other areas. That island is located in a reef area and..." Avril looked at the sky, " The weather is not very good at this time of year."

Raine couldn't help but sink into thought.

With his small body, he would surely die if he hit the reef... Wait, not necessarily, the reef is a rocky bottom, and although wood is certainly no match for stone, it also depends on the boat's speed.

He is weak, but... he is all-round weak! He's incredibly slow! The system doesn't even bother to count!

At that speed, even if he ran into a reef, he wouldn't hang up just that.

"Hiss~" Raine had a feeling of clarity. Weakness has become a strength of his own.

And, he could see the reef! That was also a very favorable condition.

All things considered, his little rickety boat wasn't really afraid of reefs.

As for the weather, that depends on the god.

"Timber, timber, without timber, I'll always be just a small rickety boat... I have to get timber!" Raine said to himself, "50 timbers. I don't know how long I have to wait by scavenging."

"Besides, that island is dangerous so may no one will go. The chances of there have timber much higher!"

"Captain... so you want..." Avril stared at Raine with wide eyes.

"Not just want, now let's set sail for the reef area!"

Avril hesitated a little, but she only hesitated for a moment before saying, "Aye, Captain!"

Two days later, the ship, one man, and a dog spotted a faint green ahead.

Green appeared amidst an azure blue, so conspicuous, so inviting! Even without needing to be alerted by the system, Raine knew that was where he was going.

"Captain, three hundred meters ahead is the reef area. We..."

Just then, Avril suddenly stopped and stood up nervously. She reached out her hand, twiddled her fingers, felt the humidity in the air, and then looked up at the sky.

Having done this, Avril stared in horror and said blankly, "Captain, it's over. A storm is coming!"

162