Chapter 2
251 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

By: Child of Fate

***

7094 YAC

" Will it work? " A certain Goddess said as she carefully looked at the 3-D compass in her hand.

She was a little skeptical about the use of this artifact but she just sighed and hoped that this was a real thing gifted by her sister from the Tower of Wishes.

Tower of Wishes. A tower that could grant wishes to Gods and Goddesses. It had the power to even reverse cause and effects or time and space. But the Gods mostly wish for things that are impossible to do among them like giving birth to an offspring or bringing back their loved one from death or wishing for different powers so that they could conquer more universes easily.

But wishes can only be granted if a chosen person (Champion) from a God can reach the top of the tower. But those who are not interested in Tower of Wishes mostly choose special or random people, making them their Heroes just for entertainment.

Very few were able to reach the top of the tower in the past hundreds of years. Nobody knows what awaits them in the Tower, as it erases the memories of the Champions before ejecting them outside its area.

The thing in the hand of the Goddess is a special artifact from the Tower of Wishes which would help her to find a Champion of the highest potential. After using it for tens of years and not getting a response from it, it finally responded to her.

Currently, she is roaming in the Limbo realm as the artifact directed her. And soon enough her search bored the result. With a small strand of divinity, she delicately pulled the small orb of the soul into her domain, to check whether the being is worthy or not to become her Champion.

After all, she can't have a Champion who doesn't listen to her or is too arrogant for his good.

***

After giving me general and common knowledge about the Void those two A.I.s left me.

Ben and Lily were given an important job by my past self to complete after they are free from my soul.

Even without telling anything, I was able to feel their sadness and reluctance to leave me. But I knew that if they had remained with me I would have become dependent on them.

To avoid feeling alone after they left me, I distracted myself with the knowledge they both provided me.

When the first batch of Gods was born or made the YAC(Years After Chaos) started. YAC is the official time used to measure years in the Void. There are no seconds, minutes, hours, days, or months.

It makes 1-year complete when one revolution is done by the universes around the Origin in Void. But time flows differently in different universes which is dependent on the strength of the Universe's Will.

Now how is it decided?

Well after a few Gods and Heroes did research they found that universes that don't allow or don't have supernatural things like mana, cultivation, or dungeons are the strongest.

The time in these universes flows near or according to the time of the Void.

While the universes filled with cultivation, dungeons, mana, and different magical species are weak and have a large gap in the time flow compared to the time flow of the Void.

Nobody knows why and how it is happening but a theory is made that the UWs, which tightly govern fate and karma and don't allow the beings in its universe to become too strong or quickly strong, are the strongest.

So most of the Heroes and Champions choose cultivation worlds instead of normal worlds as they get heavily nerfed.

*shiver*

The fuck…?

" Hmm. Nothing special huh? Ohhhh. It worked! "

 

I heard a small mutter and a little ohhh sound as my senses were rained with colours and different noises.

Even without my senses, I was able to see, hear, talk, and feel. So when all my senses got blurred suddenly, I was welcomed with captivating scenery.

A lush forest was occupying a small mountain range, as the sun slowly rose through those mountains. I slowly saw the fog fade away at the bottom of the mountains from the place I was standing, which was on clouds.

Yes, I was a little panicked and scared of dying once again from falling on through such a high altitude but those feelings got washed away when I realized everything was an illusion.

An illusion that had been used on me countless times. How do I know it? Because it was ingrained deep inside my soul. An illusion world that is mostly used by Gods and Goddesses to meet mortals in their avatars because most of the Heroes and Champions are not able to easily handle or see Gods due to their divinities residing inside them.

*Cough*

Just that sound of a single cough was enough to buzz my whole brain or soul for a few seconds. But the most terrifying thing came after that cough.

My whole existence suddenly felt threatened. The sudden and unknown pressure wrapped on me which felt like I was carrying sky on my little soul.

I don't know why I was suffering through this. So I just let out and screeched and screamed in pain. I begged for this torture to stop but nobody stopped this. So I did what I had done from the moment I woke up in the Limbo realm. I calmly adapted and accepted myself.

I didn't deny or frustrate myself because I knew it would waste my time. I didn't back away or despair because I knew it would make me feel weak which I hated the most.

Yes, I know that I'm at my weakest form or that I am weak enough to die just by a thought of a random God. But that doesn't mean I will always remain closed up or make myself feel weak. I will become strong. Strong enough to do whatever I want. Adapt enough to enjoy my happiness even if I have to kill Gods.

And like a spark, something bubbled or moved deep inside my soul. With a small sigh, I slowly felt myself adjusting to the pressure on me. And soon enough I was able to move and think calmly even though the pressure was still ongoing on my soul.

Even though I was trying to remain calm, I was still not able to stop small happiness from sprouting in my soul. My first step toward becoming strong in this multiverse.

But when I sensed the being in front of me, I was awestruck. Her natural charisma and beauty were enough to leave me speechless for a good few moments.

The Goddess standing in front of me had long pink hair which reached to her foot. A piece of cloth was covering her eyes which added a mysterious vibe to her beauty. And her G-cup breasts almost looked like they would come outside her gold and white chiton. Her slim waist, and her exposed white shoulders, were mesmerizing enough to etch it in my memory forever.

But that didn't mean that I would go and beg her to take me under her and worship her.

" Are you a masochist? "

 

And like that her impression in my view went negative.

***

Embarrassing.

The way he looked at me made me feel embarrassed. I was not angry at him for peeping at my body like that because I know and feel that he is not lusting or loving me.

If what I'm sensing correctly is from his soul, then in simple terms he is just appreciating my bea-u-t-y.

But I'm surprised that he is still calm in this situation. Currently and especially for my future Champion, I'm appearing in my true form in front of him. The same true form was enough to burn away the souls of Heroes and Champions.

I was not reckless to show my true form to him for the first time and get burned later. So I decided to put my divine pressure on him which he unexpectedly was able to handle easily. The same pressure was enough to stop an A-rank Champion from coming within a 1-meter range of a God.

And what was more impressive was that he didn't go insane after looking at my true form.

Even if hundreds of years pass, I won't forget the soul my sister tortured. And the same soul was standing in front of me looking cluelessly at the surrounding illusion I created.

I didn't expect that the artifact given to me by my sister would point at her only fallen champion for the highest potential in the whole Void.

To not let embarrassment show on my face I asked a doubt which had crept into my mind when he was faced with my divine pressure.

" Are you a masochist? "

If I had not sensed correctly then I had felt a sudden spark of happiness from him when he was faced with my divine pressure.

But I was proven wrong when I felt intense negative emotions from him suddenly. Not fearfully and anxiously but angrily and disappointingly.

" No, I'm not a masochist or interested in those types of things. "

He spoke before I could respond, " And not to make a misunderstanding, I felt happy under your pressure because I felt myself becoming stronger, not because I liked to hurt myself. "

I think my impression decreased in his eyes. Well, if I had asked him teasingly what would he have done? Let it be. 

But him looking at me without any hate or rage only means that he might have erased his memory. Because the previous him would already have red eyes of revenge if he looked at a God or a Goddess. 

I just hope that he will become my Champion because all the souls whom I tried to give the title of Champion or Hero were not able to handle my divinity and vanished away forever. 

" Are you strong and ready enough to become my Champion? Because there is a risk of death if you want to become my Champion. " I asked him in an emotionless tone. 

I don't want him to regret and die later just because he wasn't strong enough to become my Champion.

The reason why I always take a special test of character to all those people whom I met before accepting my title of Champion is because of a prophecy given by my sister.

The prophecy said that I would marry my first Champion. And I don't think he is bad enough to become my h-u-sband. But only if he will be alive after he becomes my Champion.

***

7