Chapter 4
146 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter-4 

.

By: Child of Fate 

.

.

*** 

.

.

.

Do I regret it?

Yes, I deeply regret not completing my revenge.

But do I regret showing the description of all of my skills to my Goddess?

Fuck no. Instead, I enjoyed just how she envied me due to my skills and their ranks. 

Even though I should be satisfied with what I have, my greedy part still wished that I could uncover all of those question marks on my status. 

But my current skills are enough to breeze through any universe according to Talya. And I agree with her because these three skills were enough to give me a great advantage in almost all situations.

Danger Sense (S): You can sense nearing danger, acute danger, potential immediate danger, or impending danger and sense unwanted or hectic threats to your well-being and can evade them. 

Reveal (Ex): You can only see the true thoughts or intentions of a target who has ill intent towards you or people whom you care for, you can also see the thoughts of targets who have neutral stands towards you. 

But you can't see the thoughts of those targets who are loyal to you or sincerely care for or love you.

You can also see the purpose of a few non-living beings who have the same or lower rank than you.

Fateless (???): "You are not chained by destiny but you are meant to fu*k the destiny." 

You and people directly in contact with you won't be affected by the charisma of a UW's favoured child. 

 "If destiny tries to scheme against you from the dark then you will scheme against her from her own shadow."

You will get to know the destiny of a few people or the future of the universe whenever you travel to other universes. 

…And this does not even include the other magic-related skills.

" So what now? "

I asked, looking at Talya and wondering to myself just how beautiful she would look without the piece of cloth covering her…eyes. 

" Hmph. Unlike other Champions and Heroes, you don't have many responsibilities from me, so for now you should just enjoy your life while becoming stronger. "

" So how will my first universe or my Home Universe be decided? " 

The Home Universe of a Champion is like a resting area before going to conquer another universe. So it is very important to decide how my Home Universe will be decided.

" Heh. I have already convinced a Universe's Will to become your Home Universe. What you have to do is, just agree to one request of her. "

" Well, what is her request then? "

I was surprised. Convincing a Universe's Will is not an easy task and Talya said it like it was her day-to-day work. And if the UW is of a non-magical Universe, then it is harder to make the UW a Champion's Home Universe. 

It is said that from the perspective of UW, Heroes and Champions are tyrants while the Gods are considered even more tyrants than them.

But what could be the request of a UW?

Suddenly a bright light shone near Talya and a small figure appeared. 

I looked carefully at the future UW of my Home Universe and then asked Talya in my most deadpan voice " …Seriously? "

Amused at my bewilderment, she chuckled and said, " Of course, most of the UW looks like her or of the same age physically. What, did you think that UW can't materialize themselves in different shapes? "

Currently, I was facing a 5-year-old girl who had a doll-like cute face with her white hair reaching to her feet, while white eyes filled with seriousness and caution watched me.

Even though it felt like an angel descending to meet the mortal world, I could tell from the first glance at her that she smelled like trouble. 

Even my danger sense warned me that this UW will bring a lot of trouble not life-threatening but troubles that will cause me headaches. 

But the moment she formed a small smile on her face it made all of those thoughts wash away. 

" Hi, I'm Noah. What's your name? " I asked while trying to remain as gentle as I could. 

Unexpectedly the little girl walked toward me and quickly grabbed me with her small hand. But before her hand could touch my soul in ball-like form, Talya took me in her hands gently.

" Sarah, this is not a toy. And properly introduce yourself to him. He is the person who will contract with you and complete your request. " Talya scolded her.

But from what I saw, the little girl or Sarah ignored the scolding but her eyes shone when she heard the word 'contract' and 'request'.

" Hey. I still don't know what her request is." I said begrudgingly.

Even without knowing what her request is, I can't agree with it. 

" Don't worry, she just wants you to play with her every week according to her time flow for a few hours. " 

Sarah continued to nod while Talya explained her request. She even somehow made star-like eyes to persuade me to accept the request.

Chuckling at her antics, I agreed to her request. What is the harm in playing with a five-year-old girl for a few hours every week?

" Before you go from this place and get reborn in your new Home Universe, I want to bestow a skill on you. "

" Wait, skills can be bestowed to someone else, like without training? " I asked.

If it is possible then I could try to bestow a few of my skills to some of my future subordinates to make them more loyal to me.

" Yes, skills can be bestowed to others if you have the Bestow skill or an artifact which can help in bestowing skills. But my way of bestowing skills is a little different." She said a little mysteriously. And soon enough a large roulette appeared behind her. 

Wait, she doesn't mean she will bestow me a skill based on my luck. But then as a Champion of Luck, how good will the skill I will be bestowed with be? 

" This roulette contains all the skills present in the Void. I can only use this skill once per year of YAC to bestow a skill to someone. The skill can be of any rank but I have a curse on this skill which doesn't allow me to bestow a skill on myself or control who will get which type of skill. "

I looked nervously at the enormous roulette and thought about what type of skill I should expect. Even from my view, I couldn't see one skill written on the roulette.

And soon enough the roulette started to spin at great speed and in a few moments, it started to slow down. And then it stopped at-

Charm (Ex) (Passive): Your impression and charisma will be enough to move the hearts of all the female entities in the Void.

[ A/N: Not to make any misunderstanding, this skill only allows MC to make a good first impression on females, and it doesn't cause females to fall in love with the MC. ]

…Even though it has an Ex rank, I don't think it will help me that much in a battle. Yes, it might help me to impress females which might be helpful in certain circumstances. 

But it can also land me in trouble due to the jealousy of males. Even though I don't have all of my memories, I can say it guarantees that half of the ancient battles are caused by women like the Trojan War, Ramayana, etc.

" Hmph. He doesn't need skills to charm a woman." Talya huffed while looking at roulette like her skill betrayed her. 

" How can you tell? " 

I don't think I have the confidence to charm a woman immediately. Yes, I can make a good impression but falling in love with me will require a little effort and luck from my side.

" … I will tell you that another time. For now, just go and try to reach the peak of the F rank, so that you will be ready to conquer other universes. " 

With that, all my senses suddenly started to blur while I heard a far away chuckle from Sarah.

.

.

*** 

.

.

After Sarah and Noah vanished from the illusion, the goddess vanished the large roulette behind her with a shake of her hand.

" I can feel you all. Just come out. Even if I was sent to Chaos, I could still recognize the divinity of the servants of my sister. "

Just as her shout resonated everywhere, two chuckles responded to her which managed to destroy the whole illusion in nothingness. 

Immediately she became tense and started to exert a lot of divinity around her, as she got ready to attack any moment. 

Without showing surprise on her face she calmly dodged a few sharp objects which were directed at her heart, head, and neck. 

A silver and a golden spear suddenly appeared in both her hands. Suddenly she started to wield the spears ferociously as she started to fight unknown enemies. 

After dodging different types of knives from different directions, but soon knives turned into needles with threads. 

After noticing that she was at a disadvantage, without holding back she teleported to a different location. But that didn't make her relax, as she was welcomed with a shower of spears filled with holy attributes. 

Suddenly her whole temperament changed and soon enough she started to teleport continuously while fending the spears and threads coming at her. 

Whenever a weapon was able to enter her blind spot, an unknown force propelled those weapons away or she was able to dodge in a nick of time.

" Tch. You five come out. It's no use to hide in your spirit form because I have already found you all. "

And with a devious grin, her hands flickered, and both spears vanished from her hands going in different directions at a fast speed to be seen by the naked eye. 

The two spears formed into five spears and pierced at five different places. And suddenly those magical spears were caught by women who were hiding in those five positions. 

" See! I told you all, she would manage to locate us without using her eyes. " An excited voice sounded from a woman who appeared to be in her late teens, with the looks of someone midway between a young lady and a woman.

She had two large red flowers on her head, while she wore a casual blue t-shirt and black shorts. 

" Hmph. But she still needed to depend on her Innate trait to dodge a few of our attacks from her blind spot. " A blond hair woman said seriously while wearing casual clothes, as her large melons jingled along her movement just like the previous woman.

" Now calm down, don't fight like that. Altria, you should have known that she is not good at close combat. " Another woman said.

She was a gracious and eloquent woman in appearance, curvaceous with her large chest as the most prominent feature. 

Her eyes were deep purple. Her incredibly long hair was brown and split into multiple long strands that curl rather unnaturally. She had bangs over her forehead, and hairbands decorated with large blue orbs with a purple spiral, and tie her hair into cute, ear-like buns.

Her outfit was a beautiful gothic-style dress unlike other women, the colors consisted mainly of black with blue and purple as complementary ones. The shoulder cloths were large and baggy, and the sleeves were large and open. 

" She has improved right, Medea? " Next woman said who had long black hair reaching till her feet. She wore a tight white skirt, a white lab coat on her shoulder, and black leggings to hide her slender legs.

" Hmm. She has." Replied Medea. She had beautiful purple hair and purple eyes while wearing purple robes which almost covered her whole body.

.

.

***

.

.

.

4