Chapter 12
170 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Drinkers in the inn could hear the noise upstairs, which was kind of rare here, but no one wanted to pry into other people's business. Petty crooks were often here, not in the tavern. The tavern is a place for their own, the townspeople who share housing, food, taxes with them were an affordable, but not the most reliable victim. If you are caught, they will put you in jail for a long time, or the miners will invite you on an exciting tour of the mines. According to rumors, it is so good there that no one has returned yet ...

The hotel, however, has a lot of visitors from whom you can steal a couple of hard coins. And there will be no one to complain, the indestructible brotherhood of thieves and guards has existed for many hundreds of years! While one paid the second.

The hostess of the hotel was a domineering woman with a strong disposition. And her sons were a sure help. They were not taken into the mine, since they would have to cut a passage a couple of times wider than it is. But the poor youngest ran into a monster on the street and broke both of his legs. And his face was swollen like an exotic fruit, he had not been particularly handsome before, but now ... He so resembled the deceased husband of the hostess that she shed a tear, almost the first in her entire life.

Meanwhile, Zee was eating leftovers from yesterday's dinner and discussing the plan with Asura.

- Therefore, you should not kill people just like that! The road of corpses will lead them to us, of this I am sure.

- I obey, Master - Asura answered meekly, sitting on the floor and admiring her new outfit. Traveling in a maid outfit or armor wasn't a good idea, and Zee created a more appropriate dress for her, like one he saw in a shop.

The loyalty of golems is eternal, the wisest magicians who gave their lives and all its pleasures to study these creatures could not argue with this. But none of them came up with the idea of a complex consciousness for such a creature, because who in their right mind, after many years of preparation, would give the great creation the mind of a cunning and slightly crazy girl? Archmage Zee, was not part of their plans. And now Asura tried to use all her knowledge, both received from the Master and acquired in her “games” with monsters and local residents, in order to form the maximum amount of injuries to future opponents, with a minimum probability of their death. So far, one thing could be confidently stated - the loss of all limbs is not yet a death sentence!

- I learned something about this city, Master. The locals are very talkative and friendly, always ready to help newcomers to the city - Asura smiled sweetly as usual, but made a serious face - The Paladin said that he was sent by the Goddess and although he is an outstanding servant, he is far from the strongest of them. There is a branch of their church in this town. Perhaps it is worth destroying it before it brings problems?

- No, it won't work - Zee picked his teeth with a toothpick, remembering the jewelry dealer, who turned out to be more useful than he thought the first time - I was also looking for information, they will be able to track us down much faster than expected. We won't be able to stay here. The main thing is to prepare for a long journey, we are going to the capital, Asura!

The old man really turned out to be a kind person, if someone had the strength to distort kindness like that. Zee thought about what to do next, but couldn't think of anything good. Hiding in the forests, in the swamps, in the mountains - they will find him, sooner or later. It was impossible to call him an extrovert, but the work gave valuable experience, when it was easier to turn to a more experienced colleague than to make new acquaintances. Here he knew only one person with whom he spoke for more than a minute. The merchant seemed like the type to sell information in the game. Zee wasn't wrong.

Smiling at the sight of a pair of gems, the savior of travelers, the virtue of adventurers, the patron of fallen souls, said everything that could help a new friend.

- No jokes with the church, local priests and monks appeared here about ten years ago, as if they were preparing for something. No agitation, they live in their own community, explore around. It seems that there were several old warriors among them, a couple of magicians, but they try not to be seen. All this is strange - Having changed his approach to speech, the old man no longer fawned. He sat with a stone face, occasionally taking a sip of tea - I do not know how you got into trouble with them, but here's my advice to you; go to the capital. It is easier to get lost in the crowd, here people like you are in full view. And you have to go on foot, the teleport connects all the major cities in Heim , but he is being watched, every use, every scrap of fabric, everything gets into the reports.

The old man put down his cup, stood up and stretched, stretching his numb body.

- Oh, I completely forgot, you lost all your papers! How could this happen, what a shame. But I won’t leave you in trouble, I’ll help you make new ones, so no one will distinguish from the old ones! True, the help of the captain of the guard may be needed, but I think that a couple of rubies and we will not bother such a busy and influential person for nothing - The smile returned to him, and a sparkle appeared in his eyes again.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

At night they left the city. The path was long, if the old man was not lying, in a few days' journey, it would be possible to buy a couple of horses and a wagon, without further questions and advice. Zee was still worried if they could handle it. There was not so much money, over the past couple of days, he managed to figure out their value, and he never had driving skills, especially something alive, and consequently, Asura too. She offered to carry him on her back, out of an unhealthy degree of enthusiasm, but he was able to convince her, resting that this was a secret mission.

He used to go camping with his grandmother. They spent the night near the river that flowed behind the village. They fried fish or sausages on a fire. Grandmother told stories from her youth, taught him to swim, throw stones on the surface of the water.

And now he enjoyed every day. The heat gradually subsided, and the legs got used to long walks. In the morning, he woke up expecting a new breakfast, consisting of what Asura had caught or found. It should be noted that her success in cooking only got better. During the day they slowly walked forward, admiring the scenery. Zee studied the local flora and fauna, discovering something new for himself. In the evening, he created items for the camp, built a fire while Asura went hunting. As in childhood, he was not alone, he joked, told stories, looked at the starry sky, alien, but so familiar to his heart. And then he fell asleep peacefully.

Asura sat nearby and looked at the sleeping Master.

4