Loseldoon and the Three Empires
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eldcolire, the land of our fathers,

Reaching up to the searing lights of heaven.

Bear witness to its decadence

With its painted little angels and raw power.

Peddling with promised glory

The birth of nations and the death of war.

 

Willorion, with its winding mountains and rivers,

rages on.

But let not the mighty lion feed into the hands of cruel men.

For when the time comes, beast shall pursue men.

Drink their blood, eat their flesh, feed on their bones

The lion shall sit on your throne.

 

As I look to the east, the Glass Empire sits

And I lament at the sight of its armies.

Not so much a land lush with precious gems and crystals,

But a nation built on weak and rotting souls,

Quick to break and fall.

Empires rise, they suffer.

Empires fall, we all suffer.

Wake from this nightmare

of death and famine.

Look and feel - all hearts get wounds!

 

~ 'The Cycle of Loseldoon', Ilphas the Bard

 

 

◆ ◆ ◆

Loseldoon, the world of men and beasts, is divided into three empires. Eldcolire, the Empire of the Elders, is home to the oldest Alpha emperor known to man, Venali Eilrona. Rumor has it that the supreme Alpha has lived for over 120 years, although many believe that the real Emperor Eilrona had passed many years ago, with the eldest son having ascended to the throne and taking on his father's namesake. The emperor, along with his Omega consort and children, very rarely make a public appearance, with only a privileged few and a handful of Omega courtesans having been granted the honor of a royal audience. The Eilronas preserve the image of an enduring dynasty that strengthens and flourishes with time; forming strong alliances and pacts with monarchs and its neighboring empires.

Nearly all men-Alphas, Betas, and Omegas-originated from the roots of the Free People, the natives of Eldcolire. To this day, Eldcolire is the only empire to have equal rights for Alphas, Betas, and Omegas, with the latter highly regarded as the "gems of society" and valued as the visible symbols of the continuity of life.

Beyond the borders of Eldcolire is Willorion, the Nation of the Wild Ones. Willorion is the nexus empire linking Eldcolire and the Glass Empire, but one that is extremely difficult to traverse on foot. True to its name, Willorion is largely mountainous, festooned with wild forests and rivers stretching along its borders. At the heart of the empire lies the country of Fathana, ruled by a single supreme authority, Emperor Saleh Fathana, together with his Alpha consorts, the legendary warriors Ciliren and Goras.

The Fathanas are the only remaining monarch to see folly in attempting to maintain the purity of their Alpha bloodline; only breeding with Omegas to produce more Alphas and casting away their Beta and Omega offspring. The empire is unkind to outsiders and trespassers, with its emperor very rarely setting foot outside of Willorion even when networking military alliances, wars, and international trade. Slavery is rampant, with Betas and Omegas regarded as laborers and fodder for war.

The Glass Empire is the third and largest empire in Loseldoon. It is also the most diverse, comprised of more than fifteen states, all of which are ruled by monarchs whose complex and interconnected lineage and history spans centuries. Much of the Glass Empire is governed by Alphas, with the exception of the Angilles, a lone isle in the north ruled by an Omega king, Ruven Angilles.

The recent years found the Glass Empire plagued with numerous problems. Widespread licentiousness led to pillaging and war among neighboring states, corruption and rebellion, disorder and slavery ravaged the empire. The death of Emperor Jassin Dacan also brought an abrupt end to the Dacan bloodline. With no heir to assume the throne, Dacan is left defenseless, giving any devious monarch the golden opportunity to attack and conquer the capital.

Khriskhana, ruled by the infamous Tyrant King, Athar Khriskhana, is hailed the most powerful monarch in the Glass Empire, aggressively expanding his realm by solidifying alliances with local rulers and strengthening his military power.

And now, the Tyrant King has set his eyes on the Glass Empire's cold and empty throne...

1