Section One-Chapter 11- Dead Meat
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

….

“Roaring Heaven”

 

The sky opened and out came a triplet of red torpedo-shaped thunder crashing down. The flames glowed immensely has it coalesced into sharp rods hurtling down.

 SMACK!

But, the dragon was faster than the heat, it sped to a stop and opened its mouth and out came the response.

 

The flames pushed from its gullet. The blue flames snaked across the air and then sped towards the flames of red.

It met the flames and CRASH!

 

I fell forward, crushing a bush.

 

“EEUGHHH!”.

 

My back! My back!!! It hurts so much!

 

“Get up!!!!”.

“You fool, run!!”

I immediately looked to my right and i saw the damn dragon running up.

I slid my body down the bushes quickly and started running again, the twins gave me cover fire.

I don't know where I'm leading the damn beast, but it seems towards the.......................crevice.

The crevice! Yeah, I remember the group plan, lead the creature down to the crevice. We went with a plan that incorporated the area around us. The group told me that a crevice was snaking in the far expanse of the forest.

Crazy idea, thank God it's not mine.

Oh god, this better work.

I glanced behind my back; it eyes were still menacing.

 

The insane bleeding pains are too much, but i have to keep going. Even with the blood covering my vision, I should wipe it and run.

But this is becoming too much.

 

I notched an arrow, took one glance at the beast.

Then in a flash, I turned around and jumped backwards just as the thing was barreling towards me.

 

Then its foot fell into the trap.

The crest of it claw caught onto the rope vines laid down, it then fell into the hole that was made by the twins.

It top half still open to air, it bellowed and screamed.

I notched a arrow, jumping over rocks.

I jumped once with all my might towards the creature.

I fired.

The arrow whizzed through the air at breakneck speed.

PING!

The arrow danced across the air as it wheezed towards the dragon, the blade of the arrow cut deep to the beast's skull.

Blood burst forth and wetted the area in rain, landing on me and everything.

Golden.

Blood like the gods.

"Die”.

The voice that broke the bloody rain spoke.

My eyes inched to the copper laden beast. It casted a long shadow over me, it was so very dark. Darker than I ever remember seeing. It blocked the sky.

I jumped to my left as a tail crashed upon me.

The rocks flew everywhere, blinding the view as more dust fell around.

I got up as fast as I could, I couldn’t see anything, nothing in view.

But it could see me. The dripping of my blood left a trail.

 

.

.

.

Several Hours Ago

Planning.

Plans need one thing and one thing only.

Adaption.

“The Weredragon uses many forms of magic, the ability of fire breathing while its innate still requires strength to work”.

“Well it’s a dragon, isn’t that normal?”.

“Yes and No”.

“Kid you never seen a dragon coughed barely a spark”.

“Doesn’t that happen when its weakened”.

“No, the weredragon is a beast of burden, often heavily used as slaves for many peoples throughout this land”.

“And this werebeast escaped a couple months ago, the slavers wanted it alive, but they gave a time limit of several weeks if not found then death is the only option.”

“Yeah, that didn’t make sense at first, but now it's obvious because the beast was actually talented in magic use and was carefully breaking the seal on it body, so that’s why!”.

“What’s a slave?”.

The twins glanced at one another and then turned to Rav.

“ A slave is a person that has the person sold as property to another, usually the rich and powerful or any one with more means”.

“Its how not a good system but it’s a common thing”.

“Its happens when wars or debt or crime are common, that’s usually how people become slaves”.

“Oh?”.

The child looked down at the bonfire, a child as jaded as he. He was still a child and explaining things to one need to be careful.

‘Its funny, such a violent child acts like a child at a time’.

.

.

.

“Jump!!”.

I reacted immediately and jumped.

I jumped.

I jumped.

Jumped.

Into a cavern hole.

I immediately regretted my choice.

“Haaaaaaaaaaaaa”.

I kept falling.

Falling.

Still falling?

I opened my eyes, and everything below was dark, no light, no nothing.

This was the strangest of feeling.

I turned my body around and looked up.

I gaped in horror.

It….

It was following in!!!

“Haaaaaaaaaaaghgh!”.

The damn thing followed me, it was literally following to hell, to the darkness. It was tunneling and with it wings closed.

It opened it mouth.

And breathed in.

Magic symbols started to appear, the multicolor segments and symbols traced around into shapes and pyramids. It grew into a large, massive circle of holographic light.

A loud sound broke through.

“Kotis Vacop: Ancient Dragon Magic DeathWave”.

A stream of light broke from its jaw and touched upon the giant circle; the light traced through the letters activating into more shapes.

The light turned blue and blew into a conflagration that covered everything.

My vision turns whitish blue.

I summoned my spears. This better work!........

 

.

.

..

That foolish boy”.

“I mean…I have heard about suicidal stupidity, but to think this kid would volunteer”.

“It’s truly a menacing thing”.

“The kid didn’t even relent after we tried to convince him”.

“It's not bravery just stupidity”.

“But how the hell…..Wheres the kid's parents or anyone?”.

“He suddenly appeared or maybe he was around the area”.

“But that child was pretty good with those arrows”.

“And! The child is crazy and foolish, and he will die”.

“Oh no! Sis don’t be so cruel”.

“Let's get ready, the boy has already started to lead it”.

“Seriously! The stupidest thing ever!”.

“Oh sister don’t be so cruel!”.

.

.

.

..

.

 

 

 

 

0