Chapter 25 – Awkward (part 1)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 25 – Awkward (part 1)

Before returning to the village, I planned to visit the Secret base first and when I arrived at Gustav's place, he took me to the beast slaughter room. One of the apes, goblins and a few skeletons were still working on cutting up the wicked hyena, two piles of hyena corpses could be seen near them.

Usually when we leave organic remains of creatures that are not from the dungeon, the dungeon will absorb the creatures completely. That's why if an adventurer dies in a dungeon nothing will be left of the adventurer if it's left unattended.

Given that, it would be a pity if the usable materials were simply absorbed by the dungeon and that's why this room was created, all beasts caught in traps or hunted by my Familiars will be slaughtered in this room. The usable meat and materials will be taken to the storage room and the rest is left to be absorbed by the dungeon to be used as a source of nutrition for the dungeon.

This forest never runs out of beasts, whether it's the ones my Familiars hunt as they need and the beasts that attack this place, that's what will end up in this room.

For the wicked hyena itself, almost all Familiars don't want its meat. They think that wicked hyena meat is not tasty and there is a pungent sour taste when eaten. That's why after being cut and the usable materials are taken, the rest will be left to be absorbed by the dungeon.

After checking that room, Gustav escorted me to another room.

"We just got some results from examining the red fruit you gave us. The results we've gotten for now, by giving it to beasts as large as a finger-length piece, the fruit can increase the strength of the beasts that eat it. As we try to increase the portion, some beasts start to look more violent and difficult to handle. As you requested, we will conduct another test today. "

With the amount of mana Gustav provided and the regular nutrition given to this dungeon, the training room could be made sturdier and more spacious than before. Gustav also added another room to be used as an observation room to monitor the trials in the training room, which was made with safety in mind.

Once ready, Gustav gave the signal and the first experimental subject was the horned rabbit, when given 1/8th of the red fruit, the fur around its body became red, its body size also became larger than before. 

As previously described, the horned rabbit seemed out of control and tried to attack a nearby skeleton.

The skeleton knight who was there managed to subdue and secure the horned rabbit properly and took it out of the training room. 

After that the goblin, big rat, gray wolf, saber tiger and orc also had no compatibility with the fruit, all showing the same symptoms as the horned rabbit before.

First of all, their bodies become redder and their size enlarges, each species has a different size change, then after that they will make a loud noise like a scream and start attacking whatever is around them.

The purpose of this experiment is observation, so as much as possible they will be held without being killed for now, unless their condition endangers my Familiar.

Then it was the turn of the brown boar, the first dose of 1/8 did not show any symptoms, after we started adding pieces of red fruit little by little until the brown boar ate half of the red fruit, then the brown boar showed symptoms similar to before, the color of the fur on its body turned red and its body size was increased, besides that it grew an additional two horns on its head.

It was more aggressive than before, however, it still seemed to have a consciousness unlike the others that blindly attacked its surroundings. I used apprasisal, the result that appeared turned into a red boar.

(Red boar: higher variant stage than brown boar. Increased strength, speed and stamina. Rank: C. Materials: red boar fur; red boar fang; red boar horn; red boar meat; magic crystal small.)

"It seems that only the brown boar has a match with that fruit. Next big serpent... "

"Gustav, add another skeleton knight to stand by. Successful or not, this time I want you to take care of it as soon as possible. "

Honestly, this is purely because of my personal dislike of snakes. Even from when I was still in my old world, when faced with snakes, I would usually finish them off as soon as they looked like they were about to attack me and I would finish them off in the shortest possible time.

So far, the big serpents I've defeated have all had a similar fate. It appeared before me and said goodbye to this world. 

When the big serpent entered the room, I was already preparing to take out my weapon reflexively and when one of the skeleton knights handed over the fruit, the big serpent ate the whole fruit in one go and a moment later there was a change in its body.

Its skin was reddened and its already considerable size had now increased even further, reaching 10 meters in length. This snake began to look arrogant and hissed loudly while looking around, the snake also briefly looked at me. 

Snakes detect their enemies by looking for temperature and we were currently in a location where there were many undead that didn't have body temperature.

(Red serpent: A serpent that hunts its prey aggressively. Rank: B. Materials: red serpent skin; red serpent eyes; red serpent innards; red serpent meat; magic crystal normal. )

"Sir, let me deal with that serpent. "

Gustav left me and headed towards the training hall, while the two skeleton knights below were now attacking the red serpent. 

As I watched Gustav enter the room, I also saw some of my other Familiars also walk with him and start attacking the serpent together.

' Ah... It seems like they know my dislike for snakes. They fought with great vigor. . '

Its enormous size made it an easy target for my Familiars and in just a few minutes the snake was defeated. Gustav just helped and protected the others during the fight.

"Thank you Gustav..."

"It's my pleasure, sir. If I can help improve the other's skills, I'd be happy to. "

I saw Gustav clench his fist as if to say 'I will not fail again. ', and seeing him I could only hold his shoulders and say, "Good job. Keep up the good work!". Gustav bowed his head to me and said, " I will!".

After checking and trying a few other things, I took some time to play with my other Familiars.

Almost all of my Familiars live in the Secret base, only a few come with me and live at home. I always took the time to play and take care of them.

Although there are currently quite a lot of them and caring for them all is quite time-consuming. But this is also a good refreshing moment to do, that's why I always take the time to do it when I come to this place.

0