Chapter 28 – Doing What I Want to Do (part 1)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 28 – Doing What I Want to Do (part 1)

"Haaa...! There's something wrong with your mind! How can you dare to challenge a nobleman like that?! "

"Aa... According to what I heard, in Hyuga's homeworld, there is no nobility system like in this place. "

"Actually, there are still nobles in some other countries. Even those who are idiots and think they can do whatever they want can still be found. "

"And if you know there are people like that, why are you still doing it?!!! "

"You and I both know those two kids, then I also know people from the church, how could I not help them? "

"Urrggg! My head is spinning dealing with this guy. "

As usual, Silvet and I always had something to argue about. After finishing my business in Rockaxe town, I went to the village chief, Ricardo, Silvet, Yui and Paolo to tell them what had happened and my plan to help the children who were slaves by cooperating with the church.

But before I could explain about the children, Silvet had already scolded me like that.

" But what I didn't expect was that that person would even deal with something like this. "

"The problem is that we can't do much about slavery, the issue is still a polemic until now because of various views. ", Paolo responded to Ricardo then glanced at me. "But Hyuga, this time you were careless enough to oppose such a noble. "

And after that a long lecture began, first of all if it were an ordinary person it would be difficult to deal with nobles in the event of a dispute. Therefore, you should at least have something that can be used against them.

The most immediate is, a big name achieved through achievements. For example, an A rank adventurer was at least what was needed to be respected by nobles in the position of Baron like Audey.

Although it can't be compared to a noble title, it shows the ability of an adventurer. If you reach S rank, of course it's even better.

Adventurers with S rank even have a chance to be made a noble if you do something really meaningful for the kingdom.

After that Paolo also explained a little about the nobles in this kingdom. For example, Baron Audey von Draga was a person who rose to become a Baron after the main Draga family lost their successor.

Previously Audey von Draga was the nephew of the previous Draga town lord, the successor of the main family was killed during the war a few years ago against Grand Tempestade.

The head of the Draga family only had two children, the first female child and the second male child who was supposed to be the successor. The female child of the Draga family had already married into another noble family and thus could not continue her father's family line.

Because of this, Audey who was still a Baronet at the time and was a relative of the head of the Draga family was appointed as a successor.

Then another example is the grandfather of Yui, he did a great service to this kingdom and was successfully appointed as a nobleman. However, he refused when he wanted to be given territory and only chose one place to be his personal property and that was the mountain that became his final resting place.

" In other words, if you really want to challenge a noble, you must have enough achievements. Fortunately, what you're facing is a noble who has just ascended and isn't too powerful yet. But you still have to be careful in the future. Plus, if you're serious about Miss Yui, you really need to have enough achievements! Besides-"

"...Uncle!"

And Yui's face turned red as a result of Paolo who acted up again. After that, Paolo had to endure the pain of Yui's sudden punches and it looked like they were very painful. 

In conclusion, on the one hand they said what I did was reckless and wouldn't be thought of by the average person. But on the other hand, they were quite understanding of my actions, especially the part where I was helping people who were about to be illegally enslaved.

I also told them about my intention to help the children who were slaves and are currently in Dalmore.

And again I was reminded that I could not help all the children who became slaves, in this world there were still too many children who inevitably had to become slaves and I said that I understood that very well.

But indirectly they all supported my actions this time, even the village head said. "Hyuga, if those kids want to farm or become hunters or something. You can advise them to come and live here. "

With that, the next thing I thought about was finding workers to do the renovations and the materials needed to renovate the church.

The next day I returned to the city to look for people who could work on the renovation of the church, however, before that as usual I visited the guild to see how things were going.

Upon arriving at the adventurer's guild, I met up with Bjorn and some of his party members. But it seemed like not all of their members were there.

Party Tomahawk had just submitted the report of their quest, and decided to rest for a few days because one of their members was expecting a baby.

The other members soon left, leaving Bjorn and Bokum still talking with me.

"So you're looking for someone to do the remodeling? If that's the case I can introduce you to someone! Before this brat wanted to become an adventurer, I used to work as a carpenter in my hometown. "

Making connections is never a bad thing, so I decided to meet up with the person Bjorn had recommended.

The man Bjorn introduced me to was named Gondol, one of the most popular carpenters in the city. When I secretly used the appraisal on him, the Carpenter 4 skill that this guy had naturally made me quite satisfied.

And thanks to Bjorn initiating discussions with Gondol, he accepted the job from me at a reasonable price and I would provide the wood needed in return.

We both went to the church to see the location and started discussing the renovation plan with the head priest Zen. For your information, Zen was the name of the head priest in Rockaxe city who always kindly received me every time I visited the church.

While we were discussing the renovation plan more thoroughly, someone came to the church and said he was looking for me and asked me to come with him to see Count Fernando von Aldebarant, and also said the renovation this time would be paid for by Count Fernando.

' In other words, I can't avoid this call... '

Giving up, I went with the messenger to see Count Fernando, the same Fernando I had met when he picked up the sword he had ordered from Leo.

The person who was also related to Ricardo and was the lord in charge of this city and the surrounding area.

"Yo, Hyuga! You can wait there for a moment. I'll finish this job shortly. ".

Fernando, who was examining some papers on his desk, greeted me and asked me to wait for him. After a few minutes he finished what he was doing, he then came over to me.

"I heard what you did. First of all, I'd like to thank you for protecting the people of this town from that fool. And secondly, you are really reckless. ", his face broke into a wide smile after saying that. "With this, I have an extra reason to attack him, verbally of course. "

With a face and body proportions like those, one would naturally assume he would attack with military force, as he quickly explained his intentions were not that dangerous.

" Sir Count, are you sure you're going to do that? Honestly, even though we have captured the tail, the evidence is still not strong enough. "

"Don't be so rigid. You're a friend of Ricardo's and we're not in a formal meeting. I prefer to talk as it is. And about that problem, you don't have to worry. At least, I can push it down slowly. It's payback for the headache I received after they interfered with the matter of the dungeon near Magnolia village! "

I could only smile awkwardly hearing him mention that. I guess it seems like the matter regarding the dungeon is bothering him quite a bit.

"Then as for why I called you this time, there is a possibility that you could be in danger. According to the information we have, that person has people he can send to attack you. More precisely, many thugs have gathered in his town and they could be sent to attack you. If you want, I can send one or two people to guard you. "

" There is an unnecessary need, I would feel uncomfortable if someone was guarding me like that. But if you can, please tighten the guard in this city especially around the church and orphanage. But I'm very grateful for the offer. "

"If that's what you want, I'll respect your decision. But if you need anything you can call the guardhouse if you want to hand over the people who attacked you. You're free to handle them. "

"Doesn't it seem like you trust me too much?"

"Hah! I've heard that, your abilities are at least equal to Murdock's. Even according to Ricardo, there is a possibility that you are just as strong as him, if not stronger. And if it weren't for Ricardo's words, I would have offered you a position as a knight in this city. So if you are interested, I will gladly accept you. "

"It seems Ricardo knows me well enough and I prefer it the way it is now... "

"I guessed it. Well, you can leave the remodeling and security of the church to us. You just be careful, who knows what that guy might do. "

I thanked him and left Fernando's residence, while walking an idea came to my mind.

' I think I want to go for a walk after this. '

0