Chapter 29 – Doing Something with Purpose (part 2)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 29 – Doing Something with Purpose (part 2)

Regarding the matter of them still being slaves, it's honestly not because I want that. When discussing about them with the guild, freeing them and letting them go their own way, perhaps they weren't ready to do that at the moment.

Rodin and Kaede who need more support, Mike who is too eccentric, Claud and Fei who are too naïve and it seems like letting them go would be like letting them become a target for scammers again.

In other words, Dalmore and the merchant guild were throwing them at me, and I had a hard time getting away. Therefore, the guild will become my guarantor to the Armonia Kingdom so that I can legally own slaves in this kingdom, on the grounds that I helped the guild take care of the five of them.

Of course I admit I'm not a good person, accepting them out of the kindness of my heart, when looking at their status, I'm like finding a treasure with some of them having something interesting about them.

Name : Rodin, age : 32

Slave

Mana : 1

Type : Fire, Earth

Skills : Pain Resistance 3, Endurace 2, Physical Enhancement 2, Cleaning 1, Lumberjack 1  

Combat Skills : Guard Stances

 Titles : Immovable Shield.

Condition : injured

Name : Cloud, age : 21

Slave

Mana : 1

Type : Wind

Skills : Cooking 2, Acrobatics 2, Cleaning 2, Buchering 2, Farming 1

Combat Skills : Whispering spring Kenpo(basic)

Name : Fei, age : 18

Slave

Mana : 1

Type : Lightning

Skills : Cooking 1, Acrobatics 3, Cleaning 1, Sewing 1, Breeder

Combat Skills : Whispering spring Kenpo(basic)

Name : Mike Luxurio van Vert, age : 24

Slave

Mana : 3

Type : Water

Skills : Accounting, Music 3, Painting 4, Acting 3, Hearing Enhancement 3, Mental Resistance, Cleaning 1, Stealth 2 

Titles : Messanger of Love and Peace (self proclaimed), Art Lover, Stupid Musician

The most common statuses are Cloud and Fei from the results of their status appraisal, but still with martial arts skills that caught my attention.

As for Mike, I feel like he's still hiding some things that could be useful in the future considering some of his other abilities don't show up even when viewed using appraisal.

"After you've finished packing up your things. Rodin and Kaede, you're coming with me. While the others please clean up the house and get dinner ready. "

I took the two of them to Yui's place for examination, earlier I had explained about Rodin and the others briefly to her. More precisely to Yui, Ricardo and several other people.

Once we got there Yui immediately checked their condition and after that she told me first about their condition.

" For the guy named Rodin, he needed several rounds of treatment and therapy to recover. The problem was the girl named Kaede. Her body can't hold the mana she has well enough, like the amount of mana she has is overflowing unnaturally. Besides that, I also felt something odd when I felt the flow of her mana. Honestly, this is the first time I've seen a case like this and I don't know what to do. "

"What if she tried to control her mana more properly and use her mana regularly?"

"That might help, but we'll have to observe her more closely. Unfortunately this is beyond my understanding. "

"We can look into this slowly, but what about her current condition?"

"For the time being it does cause her body to weaken, I do not recommend that she does hard physical labor. And if the amount of mana produced doesn't exceed the amount at the moment, I don't think she's in any danger. And as for Rodin, he can start his treatment from today. "

I went out and told Rodin that he could start the treatment process from today. Rodin looked surprised by what I said, then his face looked like he was thinking about something.

"Don't worry about unnecessary things, the important thing right now is that you just obey the doctor who will treat you. ", He nodded and started the treatment.

Kaede and I who were waiting for Rodin were just sitting silently in the waiting room, the girl just lowered her head and didn't speak a single word.

"I'll be honest with you... your condition is weakening, probably because your body is producing more mana than your body can bear. But the good news is, it's not dangerous for you as long as the amount of mana you produce doesn't become larger than it is now. ", Kaede was still silent and looked down.

"We'll find a way to deal with your mana problem, so please be patient and... Kaede, look at me.", the girl was surprised to hear my last words and slowly looked towards me. Although she still did not dare to look into my eyes. "That's why I'm going to give you the first order! You must eat well, rest well and work properly to keep your body healthy. If you feel something in your body, tell us immediately so that we can help you!"

This young girl's face, which usually only looked gloomy and lowered her head, was surprised by my words. Maybe she didn't think words like this would come out for her who is a slave.

"We'll find a way for you to get healthier, we will! Doctor Yui, me and you. So please do us a favor for the time ahead! Maybe you need time to adjust to the current condition, take as much time as you want to adapt with us. You don't have to rush, but remember if you feel anything, tell us right away."

Apparently, she has mixed feelings at the moment, but she endured it all by returning to silence and lowering her head, but this time I also saw her body trembling slightly with her hands clenched into fists which showed the emotional turmoil she was feeling.

At that exact moment, Pochi approached us and showed his cute face to both of us. I petted him and played with him a little to escape the awkward atmosphere that followed my words.

A while after that, Rodin who had finished his treatment session came out of the treatment room and told me that Yui wanted to talk to me.

'Pochi, can you please help me.'

"Yes, my lord!

' Please stay cute like this and entertain these young ladies who are near me. From today on they are my subordinates.'

"Aff!!!", Pochi barked cutely and wagged his tail then approached Kaede and looked at her with a cute puppy face.

I left them and met Yui, Yui told me to sit down with a more serious face than usual.

"First of all, for the next treatment and therapy session, I will be the one visiting your home to make things easier. Then, there are a few things I would like to confirm and ask you Hyuga. ". And yes, this is a side that I have never seen before from Yui. "From what I heard from my grandfather, isn't it that there is no slavery in your world. "

"That's true. However, a different concept of slavery existed in my time. The conditions may not be as bad as here, but in some cases there are also those who are exhausted and even sick both mentally and physically. Even in some cases, although the number is not that large, there are also those who have lost their lives. And in some other countries, there are still those who are unlucky and put themselves like slaves. "

"Then do you agree with the slavery thing or not?"

"On the one hand of course not! A world where there is no more slavery would be a better place. But! On the other hand, considering the conditions here, maybe slavery can be directed in a better direction.", I looked at Yui's face who was confused by my words.

"Let me explain in more detail what I mean. A world where slavery no longer exists requires the proper protection of civilians. From what I've heard, it's true that this kingdom oversees all of its territories quite well with the royal family and all of its officials running the government as the center of authority. But what do you think about the role of the nobles, with the territory being taken care of by them using their policies and their status as nobles ruling over the area? "

"Of course they are very important. It takes a good ruling noble to make the territory prosper. "

" The concern is that the role of the lord of the domain is still very important for the domain and the people within it. Count Fernando, for example, is a pretty good lord of the domain, and then there's Baron Draga, who I've observed isn't very good at managing his domain when I've glimpsed the city he leads. ", Yui nodded at my words. "And that also affects the safety of the civilians. Now I ask you, when it comes to slavery in this kingdom, how many agree with your late grandfather's views?"

Yui showed a face that looked unpleasant at my words and replied "Not even half of them...", in a low voice.

"The way I see it, the king supports your grandfather's view, but most of the nobles are still against it. On the one hand, the king cannot arbitrarily decide something that does not concern the sovereignty of the royal family and considering the size of the kingdom. If dealt with in the wrong way, this could cause a rift within the kingdom. And because of that, isn't that why this problem has been hanging around for so long?"

Yui could only bite her lip and nod her head.

From what I understand, currently the Grand Tempestade in the west is the largest empire in the continent, and the Armonia Kingdom we're in is the third largest kingdom in the continent after the Grand Tempestade and the Liberia Union in the northeast of the continent with most of the territory in the desert being their border to the west and south.

"On the other hand, that's just things within the kingdom, not to mention relations with other countries. In my old world, relations between countries were not as tense as the conditions here, if there were citizens of my country who were treated badly by other countries, they could still send protests and be resolved diplomatically. Unfortunately, with the actions of the Grand Tempestade in the west, the relationship between countries has become a little tense, debates can become wars. And this is the gap that was exploited in the recent case. "

Usually they would move the slaves they got in the kingdom out and bring them back with the excuse that they brought them from outside. This was the excuse they used, despite the fact that they could do it all within the kingdom and justify it with the support of the nobles they were working with.

"So in my opinion, the issue of slavery should be reconsidered. I can't say much considering I'm not in a position to take care of it. What's more, after discussing this with the merchant guild, I'm in the position of the one who owns the slaves. "

"Last question, what do you want to do with them? "

"From the moment I accept them, they become part of my household. As long as they have no wrong intentions, I will treat them as members of my household. After some time and the situation gets better, and they wish to live their lives freely, they can seek their freedom from their status as slaves. "

"Haa... ", after that Yui returned to her usual look and more casually propped her chin with her fist on the table. "I'm still not satisfied about this, but I can't argue with you either... And when you said that, you looked very serious... Other than when you were working, this is the first time I've seen you that serious. "

"I've always held on to these words, 'only good intentions pave the way to hell. '. So when I get involved in this, I can't help but try my best, not just out of good intentions. "

"But you have no intention of making trouble with the kingdom by challenging the nobles like that?"

"Of course not... I only attack if they initiate it, so as long as the kingdom party doesn't arbitrarily attack me, there's no way I'd have any ill intentions.", Yui looked at me as if confirming my words. ", Yui looked at me as if confirming what I said.  "I would never lie to you. If there's something I have to keep secret, I'll still try not to lie but I'll avoid discussing it with you. "

"Why do you trust me so much to say you won't lie to me?"

" Do I need to answer that? You already know the reason. "

Yui looked away from me and nodded her head.

0