Prologue
647 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue

Ok, like the title above, there are not many things that are different from what my life is like there or here. If you ask me what am I doing? The answer was that I was running as usual, to be more precise, not so much as usual.

More precisely right now I'm running while filled with questions that are beyond my comprehension, but before that two things are running through my mind right now.

First, I miss paved roads, at least a flatter road and not among the shady trees, bushes and tree roots out of no where that are all around me right now Then the second thing is, I realized were gangster thugs whose faces and appearances scream “ I'm a criminal “ and try to look strong with a baseball bat, penknife or bottle shards, they look quite plain, way more adorable than things that chasing me right now!

So am I right now really running from the chase? The answer is absolutely right! I'm currently in the middle of the forest and being chased by a herd of wild animals...!!

About 20 minutes ago,

" AHH! My arm joint is displaced! "

“Oh! OMG! O-M-G!! What's your problem with US, HUH?! Looks now he is hurt. You have to pay him for his medical bills!!”

'Ha... Those delinquents, still use that old trick like that..'

It was quite late at night and a thin, pale-skinned man in a jacket that seemed too big for his size was surrounded by gang members who were trying to blackmail him.

It was clear that it was physically impossible for the man that skinny to injure the delinquent, and the man remained calm while looking awkward looking at the people around him.

'That man's aura feels strange..'

My hunch said so and my curiosity was piqued. I opened the cans of drinks that I previously bought at the convenience store and looked at them more carefully.

The skinny man was still silent and watching the people around him, and the delinquents were more agger threateningly trying to examine the skinny man's body and belongings.

They only found a thick book in that man's possession and started grabbing him by the collar threateningly. Seeing the man about to be beaten, I suddenly remembered the old words of my late grandfather.

' Argg! The words echoed in my mind again, it seems the old geezer planted this in my subconscious. There is a problem with my family's habits..'

I couldn't help but sigh after I spoke to myself. Luckily the drink in my hand was almost finished and I threw the soft drink can at them and 'strike!', the soft drink can hit cleanly on the head of one of them.

“ HOY! BASTARD!! WHO THREW THIS SHIT?! "

It didn't take long for them to look at me, without saying anything I just stuck my tongue out to tease them and it was like pouring oil on a fire their reaction was very predictable and of course they immediately tried to chase after me.

' I'm going to accompany you guys playing for a bit and of course they're a hundred years too fast if they think they can catch me. Muahahahaha...!!'

After a few minutes of running and they were all still enthusiastically chasing after me, “Hahaha… now there you go. Young man should be excited like this. "

I ran to a quieter area and prepared to wait for them to appear, but the unexpected happened. The atmosphere became calmer and the screams of those who were cursing and telling me not to run were no longer heard.

“ Did they get tired and quit? ”

When I finished speaking the man who had been bothered by the delinquents appeared in front of me with a smile and then waved his hand at me.

" Hello... "

Instantly my intuition gave a warning about the man in front of me and reflexively I kept my distance from him.

'This man is dangerous..'

Still with a smile on his face, he raised his hand and snapped his fingers and instantly the electricity around me went out, and when I focused my sight, the scenery around me changed to a scene in the middle of dense trees with a river flowing not far to my right.

'Tonight will be cold and long.. For now I can only apologize for bringing you into this world. But I believe you will be fine. Regards – C'

“HAAAAAAHH.....!! "

I screamed loudly and I spontaneously closed my mouth again.

' Haaa... I really like reading web novels and light novels and from what that man says in this letter, this world looks like a story about an alternate world. But that's not a reason why he put me in the middle out of the nowhere forest like these and at night like this too!! That person… Just watch out if I ever run into him again…’

I started to check my surroundings and as far as the eye could see, I was really in the middle of the forest and my stomach was starting to growl.

I also decided to eat the food I previously bought at the convenience store before returning to check the area around me.

After eating, I looked up at the sky. In a very dark place like this, only the moonlight is the source of the skylight, it is very clear and stunning.

There are so many stars, since I was little it was one of my hobbies to see the sky, whether it's clouds during the day or stars at night, and because of that, my grandfather sometimes scolded me and said, 'Enough lazing around, hurry up and continue your practice! '.

Uwaaa... If I think back, even in his last moments that old geezer was still really scary when he was serious.

It's been 2 years since my old man died, a very scary grandfather, but I respect him very much. Although much more frightening moments during the past fifteen years that I went through thanks to my late grandfather.

' Hmm! The presence of this aura? '

My eyes started to look around and it seemed like many beings were approaching my location. From behind the darkness among the trees, if you look carefully several pairs of eyes can be seen.

' Human? No, the air is like a wild animal. From the eye positions 1, 2, 3, is more than 12 pairs of eyes and they started to spread out trying to surround me. Obviously this is not a good sign. '

At first I thought they were most likely wolves from their movements, but after I could see their form, jet-black fur dogs that were over one and a half meters tall or even some nearly two meters that were approaching and it was clear from their ferocious faces, they came to attack me.

Dealing with them would certainly be difficult and my hunch again told me to avoid them.

I ran in behind me with all my might, the big dog kept chasing me while trying to surround and occasionally trying to pounce on me.

Form of Wind, first technique. Gentle Wind”

My family's martial arts technique and this technique prioritizes moving and dodging with the guidelines of paying attention, feeling and concentrating your five senses and feel the presence around you and move gently to avoid attacks. Of course foot movements also have an important role.

I continued to run while avoiding the plight of the dogs that were unreasonably large in size. Well, in my world, there may be dogs that are on almost the same size, if I'm not mistaken the type of Kangal or something like that it was called, but as far as I remember it doesn't look like that was chasing after me right now.

This seems to further confirm that I am in a different world, an alternate world like the stories I read.

Almost an hour passed, I finally managed to get out of the forest even though they were still persistently chasing and trying to attack me.

This time I turned around and faced them, “The tree area is indeed your territory, but in an open area like this your advantage will be slightly reduced. Clearly that's what I hope for.. "

I moved sideways from the big dog's direction as it jumped up and tried to pounce on me, and taking advantage of the dog's momentum in midair, I pushed and shifted their body angles so that hitting the ground would be more fatal, and did the same to the others. .

With their size and weight, the two dogs lost consciousness after hitting the ground.

I put my stance back on and faced the forest. Another pack of dogs just growled from behind the trees and a few of them came out from the forest while keeping watch on my left.

' There was something strange about their actions. But at least my other side is open for now. '

I also took the opportunity to avoid them and move away, and after I looked around me, not too far from my position I saw a road.

Not a paved road, but in certain rural areas back in my old world, I seen roads like this and usually I can find a village or even a city if I follow that road.

While still watching them while I slowly moved away from them, they were still wary of seeing me away, they then approached the two dogs lying on the ground and pulled them back into the forest.

I walked further and further away from the trees and down the road in the opposite direction while still keeping watch to the forest, and felt the dog’s presence keeps following me from behind the trees trying to erase their presence, and take advantage of the darkness.

' Tch, wild animals are the most natural in removing the air of their presence. '

Remembering a few minutes ago, it felt like I should thank my late grandfather, thanks to the hard training he gave me at least for now I managed to escape the belly of the pack of dogs.

' Grandpa... I love you... (T.T)'

The path that I took was getting further and further away from the forest, I began to lower my running speed while catching my breath, in the distance a bright light was seen but of course it was not the light of the rising sun.

' Haaa... I have a bad feeling again...'

Just as my hunch said, the scene in front of me became clearer, a village set on fire.

While near the village I saw a group of children and women running, behind them there were several grown men and it became clearer that two groups of men were fighting each other.

The first group seems to only have 4 to 5 people with swords, axes and farming tools, then the second group which is more numerous and most of them have annoying faces with all weapons in their hands from swords, knives, spears, and axes. Fiercely. This scene clearly looks like bandits attacking a village..

One of villager who was resisting the bandit attacks was injured and fell, three bandits managed to escape and tried to attack the group of children and women in front of him. One woman was caught and screamed as if telling the others to leave her.

' Haaa... I miss the delinquent gang members in the city...'

I picked up the wood near me and threw it at the bandit holding the woman's hand, and the second strike for tonight, my throw hit the bandit's head because he was too focused on the woman in front of him with a disgusting look.

I ran towards them and passed the group of children and women who could only stand still in fear of seeing their comrade being caught. When we I getting closer to the bandit,

' Geehhh, his face really sucks! Let's give this person the next gift. '

I hit his face, then grabbed his hand tha holding the knife, then twisted it and dropped it to the ground and finally I stepped on his stomach as hard as I could to make the person unconscious, I took the knife and put it in my bag while hearing a voice that directed at me. 

“ FUCK...! "

This time someone with a spear tried to attack me and several of his comrades also followed behind. When he thrust his spear I dodged, then grabbed his spear and with the back of my fist I hit his lower jaw, the grip on the spear weakened and I grabbed the spear while twisting it and hit his head.

When the person in front of me felt I stabbed my spear into the stomach of the next man, but with a blunt side, as the man bowed in pain I threw this spear at the leg of the another next man and the spear pierced his leg and stuck in the ground. I hit the back of the neck of the man who was near me then attacked the man whose leg was stabbed earlier with a punch to the diaphragm. Four people fell unconscious and it affected the two groups that were near me.

The bandits who were shocked to see their four comrades defeated in an instant and the villagers whose morale rose to see that attacked to the bandits with all their might starting with one of them the men wielding a sword who precisely took advantage of the situation. While I was silent for a few seconds and thought.

' It seems my body is lighter than usual.. oh these two people are quite attractive and their movements are very synchronized. '

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw two people running towards me and ready to slash me with their swords in their hands and almost simultaneously.

I returned to using my previous technique to dodge their attacks while occasionally pushing their hands and bodies to shift the direction of their slashes while waiting for the right momentum to knock them out.

The villager that wielding the sword, threw stones at one of them, but was dodged, another stone came from behind me attacking one of them and created a momentum for me to attack the other.

I tripped his leg and twisted his wrist while dropping him and took the sword from his hand, then slammed the back of the sword on his head hard. The man who was hit by the rock panicked when he got hit and saw his comrade lying on the ground, then tried to swing his sword with all his might at me, I dodged the slash with one step backwards, then hit back with the back of the sword.

Seeing the two men fall, the other bandits tried to escape, but some were overthrown by the villagers.

“Good job, boy! "

I turned my body and looked at the little boy who threw the stone earlier, his face was seen holding back fear and trying to be strong and 2 seconds later nodding his head at me, I gave him a big smile and approached the villagers who were injured earlier.

“ The wound is not serious, this person can still be saved. Someone covers the wound to stop the bleeding. "

The other villagers came up to me while keeping watch and holding their weapons tightly in their hands. One of them approached me, he was the one who wielded the sword and had the best ability among the others.

"May I know who you are? But first of all, thank you for helping us. Introducing my name is Walter. "

' Hooo... Even though he's on guard this guy keeps his manners. Surely if the old geezer met him, he would have been invited to become his disciple. His abilities are also decent compared to the others. '

“A..! Hello, my name is Hyuga, a person who happened to pass by here. "

' These words just came out....'

" [An adventurer]? It's rare for adventurers to get to this place... I was the [Vigilante corps] from this village. "

“ Ahahaha... Well, it's more or less like that and for some reason I'm nearby. But isn't it more important that we find a safe place and take care of this person? What if that house, it seems the condition is still good. "

The children and women were directed to the building I pointed at while the two men carried the injured man. A boy carrying an ax used for chopping trees with an emotional expression mixed with fear and sadness tried to swing the tool in his hand at one of the bandits who was lying unconscious. I rushed over to him holding his hand and patted his shoulder.

“Friend, I'm not suggesting what you're going to do. You've never killed anyone, have you? "

“But this bastard is a bandit! He burned our village and attacked us…”

Trembling the man said it and looked at me.

“I may NOT be able to understand what your feeling is, but there must be other ways to resolve it. And believe me, killing humans leaves a bad taste later. Think of this as a plea for me, don't kill in vain. "

That teenage boy cried as he dropped what he was holding. I just patted his shoulder and looked at Walter.

“If we hand them over to the vigilante corps from the village of [Camellia] they will definitely be taken to the royal army and they will be severely punished. "

Then Walter had the two men who had brought their comrades over to tie up the bandits while I watched some of the injured and stripped these bandits of weapons and equipment.

' You bandits, their weapons and equipment is not taken care properly. Moreover, the pouch they had which seemed to contain money were also just have few coin in there. Only the two of them took care of their weapons and equipment. ' 

“You looted the bandits? ", I nodded and answered Walter.

“If they want to rob, they must be prepared to be robbed. But it doesn't seem it's like not that worth much. Oh, and I’ll give some of this money to the village, and two of you guys over there, please take care these two men here, they haven't yet killed anyone this time. "

"How do you know they haven't..."

I pointed their swords at Walter and showed him.

“There are indeed bloodstains on this sword, but pay attention only to the outside. Meaning they haven't fatally injured anyone in this village. By the way, can you tell me what happened? "

When I finished, I heard a dog howl very loudly and startled us.

' Oi oi oi... I asked the humans who were in front of me, why did you dog answer me first. '

[Ombra dog]… why are they are howling here? "

I raised my hand with a limp face. 

“Looks like they're still looking for me and I came here running from them…”

" HAH?! "

We both lowered our heads while holding it, holding back the sudden headache...

13