Chapter 3 – Part Time Job in Another World
127 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 - Part Time Job in Another World

Today I promised to visit Leo and start helping him there as a student as well as an intern at Ricardo's recommendation.

But when I came out of the clinic Bent was waiting for me outside and said Ricardo asked me to see him. Yugo had told Leo about this so I can just go to Ricardo place. Once we got there, I was ushered into Ricardo's room.

"Oh, you've come! Thanks for last night. "

“The matter yesterday was mostly obtained by your people, I just happened to be involved…”

“Hahahahaha,, you do seem like the humble type, or rather the type who doesn't want to be bothered."

' He reads me again...'

“Well, the reason I called you, there are two things I want to talk to you about. First, regarding the person you found, it's true that he is the remnant of that bandit group and I've sent him to prison to gather with his friends. Then second, I want you to go to Rockaxe town. "

"Why should I go? Am I being kicked out of this village??! "

"Don't worry, we didn't kick you out, it's just that about the things that happened the past few days I wanted to report them to the guild. And because you also have to register yourself, so you might as well go there. Ha ha ha ha... "

It's been determined that my next schedule has changed and I have to leave for Rockaxe city. The journey from the village to the city by horse-drawn carriage takes about one hour. Again, I have been accompanied by Yugo, Bent and Walter, and we got another last member and that was none other than Ricardo himself.

On the way, the scenery I saw was a vast meadow on the side of the road that stretched as far as the eye could see. A dirt road created by pedestrians and horse carriage, as well as uneven roads unlike asphalt roads. Occasionally we meet other groups who travel while passing through the intersection.

The village of Camellia is not far from the town of Rockaxe and is a connecting village with other small villages bordering along the great forest.

Walking to the north the road will divide into several directions, to the east and west. If you continue going to the north, the city walls will be visible from a distance.

On the outside of the city walls, there's were several fields and the people who working to manage it. When arriving at the city gates there are two guards who check people going in and out, not everyone has a citizen identification badge and that person has to pay  an entrance tax for 1 copper.

The city walls were about 15 meters high and also had guards looking towards the south. The thickness of the walls was adjusted to maintain the security of the city area, especially in a world that has wild beast.

As I was waiting for my turn, I looked at what was in front of me and realized that only the townspeople who had business outside the city walls, like people who work on the field that had identification. And another identification is those who are members of the adventurer's guild or merchant's guild.

Ricardo told me that, the royal knights and soldiers had their own identification from the symbols on their equipment. Then lastly, the vigilante corps who belonged to the profession under the collaboration of the royal knights and the adventurer's guild also had special identification marks.

Ricardo paid my entrance tax and we entered down the street inside the city walls. The surrounding scenery is like in Europe in the Middle Ages, really like the scenes I usually see both in films and anime, and also like the explanations in the novels that I have read so far. I didn't think that I would feel it too.

The area near the gate is not very clean with a lot of horse carriages passing by, at a glance I can see it looks like the deeper you go it seem more cleaner, with waterways you can see in some places.

Ricardo got off the carriage first and told us to head to the adventurers guild first. He was going to visit the royal knights' headquarters to discuss transporting the bandits to the mines and other things about that.

Only a few minutes later we arrived in front of a building with three floors, and this building large. When I entered I saw several people chatting while drinks, some standing in front of a bulletin board and some waiting in line at several counters ahead.

Right now the situation wasn't that crowded, maybe because it was almost noon. I looked around me and saw the people who were there in their gear and weapon, 'Hooooo!! It's like an RPG game! '.

Excitedly, I looked around me again, until I saw a group of young people. Four people, two men and two women.

They were seen taking [quests] on the bulletin board, at a glance I heard them say “goblin hunting” “it will be easy” “I will slash” while taking out a sword from its scabbard. Their appearance looks like a beginner.

'Ah, obviously what they said would be a bad omen...'

I don't know why, but instantly it's kinda like deja vu and I remember quite similar scene in the novel that I read when I heard their conversation. I watched them carefully, then approached them.

“Yo! Looks like you guys are excited about going on the quest…”

The four of them looked at me suspiciously. Natural reaction when suddenly a stranger out of nowhere approached and talked to them.

I looked at the board near them and saw the other quests available there. There are beast inscriptions and sketches as well as the amount of the rewards for subjugation quest.

“The sword you draw needs maintenance, you better sharpen it before you leave. And you, your spear needs to be tied back properly at the point of the spear tip. I suggest you take the quest to hunt the horned rabbit this time. ", They were getting weirder looking at me and also looking confused.

“Your equipment is not suitable for hunting goblins, they like to use caves as nests. At least don't look for their nest. "

I already said what I wanted to say and went back to Walter and the others. Of course, regarding the goblin matter, I remember Bent explaining to me when we were cleaning up the goblin corpses yesterday.

Bent and I headed for one of the counters, and Yugo and Walter headed for another one further away from us. Bent showed his badge and handed him the bag containing the goblin ears, as well as the letter Ricardo had left with him. 

After a while processing something, one of the officers came up to us and directed us to the second floor. And when we arrived in one room, someone was already waiting for us.

An old man who looked even older than Paolo with a bushy mustache and standing hair that still quite thick for an old man in his age, and amazingly he still in shape. He still looked well trained despite his age.

“ So that is the man recommended by Ricardo? Hey boy, where is Ricardo right now?? ", In a loud voice the old man spoke towards us.

“The chief is meeting the royal knights, he will come after that. "

The old man in front of me, gestured for us to sit on the sofa in front of him. Then look at me seriously.

“As the [guild master] of this city I welcome you to join us, however…”

“……”

"Guild masters...", Said the guild officer standing behind him.

"Oh! Sorry... I almost fell asleep just now. Ha ha ha... "

‘ HAH?! ‘

“Well the registration progress will take place here, considering your status as an Easterner, ah it looks like you already have marker magic on you so we can skip that part. My assistant will explain the procedures as an adventurer that you need to know. "

After that, the officer asked if I could read and write, I only realized that I understand writing in this world when I saw the quest board.

When I said I could, that person asked me to fill in my data. In this world only some people have surnames and most don't, so I just use my given name.

After that, the officer copied some of my data on an iron plate with magic, and to finish the registration process I was asked to drop my blood on the iron plate and the paper on which I had written my data.

After that the guild officer took me to a separate room while Bent reported the events of the past few days.

In a separate room I was told the procedures and basic knowledge as an adventurer. Adventurers are divided into several ranks, such as ranks from F to A, then there is also a special S rank for people who have extraordinary achieved.

Adventurer and merchant guild associations could be found in almost every country on this continent, only a few countries had a closed state policy of not having a guild.

Because it works globally, the guild does not interfere in the political affairs of a country, but implements a good system of cooperation with each country.

For quests can be taken on the bulletin board, and you can consult with the guild officials regarding the quests taken based on the rank of the adventurer. After telling some other things the guild officer asked me to touch a piece of paper and asked me to focus my energy on the paper, after which some writing appeared.

Name : Hyuga, age : 29

Mana : -

Type : Void

Skills : First-aid 1, Teaching 2, Woodworking 1, Smithing 1.

The officer again copied what that written on the paper, and with magic he copies it to the iron plate. When finished, the officer handed me the iron plate along with the paper.

"Alright, your registration is complete, Hyuga. But that your mana capacity here isn't written, it's very strange…”

“Actually, I don't really understand what it is and how it works. "

“Ah, That's right, according to the data we obtained you are an Easterner. But what's also interesting is which type you are, we can't provide input on the void category, but one thing is for sure, each person with this type has their own unique abilities and can learn magic that doesn't use element compatibility. "

That man also said that the skills listed in the status are supporting abilities that have been mastered by the person.

This helps the guild to provide input on suggested jobs. The number next to it determines the level of proficiency.

After that, he stretched out his hand and we shook hands, “We welcome you joining the adventurer's guild. ".

" Please to working together, and please take care of me... "

After that I saw the iron plate in my hand.

Name : Hyuga, age : 29

Adventure Rank : F

Type : Void

Skills : First-aid, Teaching, Woodworking, Smithing.

' Hooo....! COOL!!! But unlike the protagonist in the novel, it seems that my abilities are mediocre. '

After that the guild officer who accompanied me returned to the guild master's room and left me behind in front of the door. When no one else was around, I looked back at the two things in my hands with an appraisal.

(Status Scroll: a scroll that has 2nd level appraisal ability. If someone pours mana on this paper, the appraisal of that person will appear on the surface of the paper.)

(Guild Id: Guild member identification plate made of [magic iron] and secret magic technology belonging to the guild.)

However, there is a slight difference in the skill list when I look at it now. There are some writings that look different and faint

Skills : Wisdom of Language, Status concealment, Physical concealment, First-aid 1, Teaching 2, Woodworking 1, Smithing 2, Bond.

Additional skill : Appraisal 1+, Storage box.

' Hmm... what is this? There is a skill that only appears when I use the appraisal glass. ', I saw some writing that looked different from the others and only appeared when I wore the glasses that person gave me.

' Is this a special skill for Easterners? It seems this was that man's doing, especially the additional skill part, it must be because of the [magic item] he gave.'

The skill scale in this world is categorized into several levels. Level one indicates a beginner and level five indicates the person is very well versed in the ability. As for fighting ability, according to rumors, one can only see if one has reached the fourth level of appraisal.

I returned to the guild master's room and found Ricardo, Walter and Yugo already there. After talking a few things and the guild master asked Ricardo to contact the vigilante corps elsewhere to tighten patrols around the outside part of the great forest, as well as keep reporting the progress from time to time.

We left the guild hall and planned to return to the village. On the way I saw a group of youths I met in the guild hall walking back to town with several horned rabbits in their possessions, one of them saw me and waved at me.

We continued our journey and arrived at the village just as the sun was starting to set.

Ricardo told me tonight I still have to go to the clinic and stay there, tomorrow I can choose to stay in the dormitory of the vigilante corps or live with Leo.

Leo lived alone in the village, he had a son who lived in another town and worked as a guild officer, so he had one more room to use. And regarding the bandits, in two days the royal knights will take them to the mines.

After returning, I was again checked by Yui. Having some free time before bed, I visited Leo and told him I would start working on him the next day. Leo is happy to receive me and can't wait for tomorrow.

After that I visited the bandits, especially the two brothers and also Tim. They accepted the punishment given to them, although there were still some thugs begging to be released.

Even though they try not to kill other people, things like that are sometimes unavoidable with what they do, and what's more, they survive by taking other people's belongings.

The next morning before I left, Yui once again used her healing magic and said for me not to force my right arm until the next few days, I thanked her and left for Leo's place.

The first task I received from him was to take care of some of the equipment piled up at the end of the room, most of which I had looted from the bandits. At noon Walter visited with John and he gave me the money Ricardo had left.

“The instructor said this was your share from yesterday's hunt. And regarding the loot you took, all the rights were also given to you. "

" Hah?! That's too much for me... Well, I'll give half of that loot to help build Magnolia village, but I have to take care of these things first and hand them over. "

After that, they returned to the training ground and I resumed my work. After a week I started working at Leo's place, he started teaching me how to forge and other things.

*

Without realizing it, I have been living in this new world for three months.

My work progress is quite good and Leo is quite happy with my work, besides that I also learn new things from the ore materials that exist in this world, there are even beast materials that can be worked on. All went peacefully for these three months.

Walter had returned to the village a month and a half ago and John's training period was about to end. Today I asked permission to go to Rockaxe, as usual Bent and Yugo were assigned to accompany me.

My first goal was to go to a merchant's guild to join and obtain a trading license, the procedure was simpler than the adventurer's guild, but my identification as an adventurer was also very helpful for my current registration.

I had to pay a registration fee of 1 silver coin and I paid it with the money I had saved from Ricardo, Ricardo gave me 2 silver and 60 copper at that time.

I got a new plate as a sign joining with the merchant guild, then bought Leo's order, some ore, coal and some other stuffs.

After that I visited a weapon shop and sold some of the things I had brought with me today. Some were weapons I got from the bandits and some were made by me, mostly the weapons I smelted an reforged because the condition is so bad. I also sell three swords made by Leo, he asks me to bring it when he heard I'm going to the city.

I sell Broad swords 6 x 15 silver, Iron Swords 3 x 8 silver, Knives, 5 x 1 silver 40 copper, Plate Mail 1 x 35 silver, Breast Plate 8 x 11 silver, Leather Mails 2 x 3 silver. All prices cheaper because they are second-hand, and things that I forged, Short Sword 2 x 7 silver 20 copper, Kitchen knives 6 x 4 silver, Knives, 3 x 3 silver 50 copper, Arm Guards 2 x 2 silver, Breastplate 1 x 20 silver.

Of course the sword Leo created was of better quality than mine and was priced at 2 gold 10 silver. I got 3 gold 22 silver and 90 copper. After deducting for Magnolia village, my current share is 1 gold, 61 silver and 45 copper.

After that we went to the adventurer's guild and reported to the guild master. As we were about to leave the guild hall, I ran into the party I used to suggest hunting for horned rabbits.

“Thanks for the advice last time. "

The four of them told me at the same time. I watched their appearance carefully this time, the man wielding the sword now had a new Breastplate and the man with the spear replacing his spear with a new one, then the one woman wearing new arm guards and carrying a knife and lastly, a woman like a magician who supported from behind. Their team composition is quite balanced.

“Thanks to your advice, we're trying not to rush things. Even facing a horned rabbit were quite hard for us at that time. "

Said the sword-wielding youth, then another of his friends joined in while pointing out his spear.

“And regarding the spear, it's a good thing you told me. After I strengthened the bonds, my old spear was only able to last for one month. "

' At least 3 months ago seeing them return safely when we met on the street was enough for me. ', I smiled at them.

“Alright, show me your sword one more time. "

Without hesitation the young man shows his sword at me, I looked at it for a moment and took them outside to our horse-drawn carriage which we put near the water channel, then took water with the bucket in the carriage to drink the horses and took the grindstone.

I did some maintenance on their equipment. They thanked me again and told me about themselves.

The boy with the sword and the spear wielder were friends from the same village to the east, so they ran into the other two girls shortly after registering themselves and forming a party together.

The first quest they took was the quest I suggested, then they started to slowly prepare by taking on non-dangerous jobs, and once a week they did a hunting quest. After I finished, I handed them back their gears, then they asked my name.

“My name is Hyuga, I am also registered as an adventurer. But right now I'm learning to forge in Camellia village. So please to meet all of you and hopefully we can cooperate in the future, and keep taking good care of yourselves. "

"We also ask for your cooperation in the future..."

By the way their names are very unique and easy to remember. The sword wielder Rag, Dom, who wields the spear, Sica, who is in charge of tracking and scouting, then Ann is a [Healer] and support. They seemed happy with the work I had on their equipment and we parted ways.

' At least I can help them take care of themselves...'

I remembered three teenagers who had come and asked me to train them a few years ago, since then for some reason every time I see young people I want to help them a little.

“You are nice to them, but often tease me…”, Yugo said while turning his gaze to me.

“Hahaha… because you're a brat who has too much energy and also so responsive. "

I said and ruffled Yugo's hair. Since the incident in the forest, this kid has been a bit more polite to me and Bent, and he doesn't act as much as he used to either. More precisely when he asked me to spar with me, I managed to prank him a bit.

During these three months apart from working and studying from Leo's smithy, I sometimes visited the training site and helped out with some things there.

Sometimes I also help Yui look for medicinal herbs. I was grateful that when I was new to the village there were many people who helped me, so I tried to do what I could to repay their kindness.

The next few days I accompanied John, who had finished his training back to the village of Magnolia, when I arrived there I gave a portion of money from the sale of loot from the bandits to help build the village.

Some houses have started to return to their original state. The residents welcomed me and Walter approached me. At that time we gathered at Walter's house and talked.

"Thank you for accepting me and accompanying me all this time..."

I distributed some items to Walter, John, Bent and Yugo as a present for what they do for me these past months.

“This chain mail was not created by me, but belonged to one of the bandit brothers,  the quality is quite good, plus this this bow and arrow set I want to give it to you, Walter. Then Yugo, this arm guard is for you and this knife too. For Bent, this a fur cape made from ombra dog fur it seems suiting you well, also this leg guard. And finally John, even though you have attended training, I want you to prioritize the development of this village, I made this ax as a gift for you along with this breastplate. "

This set of bow and arrow, knife, fur cape, arm guard, leg guard and ax is my handiwork and is the best work I can do for now.

In the afternoon I took Walter out and asked him to do a test on the arrows I gave him, we made our way to the outer part of the great forest and hunted some horned rabbits. Walter looked awkward using arrows and was at a loss to give a feedback about it.

“Why don't you think about practicing your archery skills? "

"Actually, from a young age, I wanted to become a royal knight, but my physique got in the way. That's why I focused myself on practicing sword techniques.”

From a young age, Walter's abilities were very good and he was able to learn how to hunt quickly, but his physique could not keep it with his talent.

“You know I sometimes give tips to some people at the training ground, want to learn something new? "

I started teaching him close-range fighting techniques using a bow that afternoon. While we were practicing, Yugo and the others came up to us. Yugo and John enthusiastically asked me to join the practice.

“Well... For the next three days we will practice. But remember, keep this a secret from other guys. "

I gave the three of them different training menus, Bent, who listened to me giving directions, sometimes went missing for a while and came back, seems like he took some things from the others and trained them on his own.

Walter is basically an all-rounder and his learning abilities are very fast compared to others, besides practicing his archery accuracy, he is also trained in close combat techniques with bows, arrows and short swords. But of all, his archery skills were the most developed as expected.

During this time he used his mana flow to lighten his body and reduce the burden on his low stamina, with his wind type, his agility and accuracy had somehow become more efficient.

Yugo as known has the best stamina among all of us, some even say he has the best stamina out of all Ricardo members, unfortunately he lacks patience and is not good at using techniques and relies more on instinct when fighting.

It seems that compared to ordinary swords, [dao saber] is more suitable for him to use. Each slash made more and more stronger, I think he has a fire type mana.

And the other person who has fire type mana is John. Even though they have the same type of mana, their application is very different, moreover, John just learned it during last training season., so there is still a lot of room to learn it.

Every movement is stable and the amount of force used is constant, but this time he has more power than the first time we met. He learned the basic techniques of fighting with an axe, I just added training to his observation skills.

We helped rebuild the village from morning until noon, and then we practice together in the afternoon. On the third day we decided to enter the forest to hunt while practicing what had been trained, the results were quite good.

We are hunting quite a lot of beast. The three of them, no, more precisely the four of them very quickly learning. The next day we separated, I, Bent and Yugo returned to Camellia Village.

In the middle of our journey when the road we traveled was close to the forest boundaries, I felt some of the presence in the forest and they were watching for us. I felt that I recognized this presence.

‘Hmm... is it possible? But it feels no evil intentions... ‘

I waved and the presence began to disappear. Upon arrival in the village of Camellia when I entered my room at Leo's house, a bird that I had once seen before was silently standing still on the table with a small box around his neck.

‘Geh.. what that man C wants to say this time..‘

I touched that small box and like that time, the box was enlarged and on the inside of that box is there are a letter, paper scrolls and other objects.

‘Looks like your getting well in there and in good health too. Congratulations, you have been registered as an adventurer. As a gift I give a scroll, some books and other items. Hopefully it will be useful... greetings C ‘

‘That person really... And from where did he spies on me. Hah...!! ‘

(Sky Pigeon: Magical Beast, which has the ability of magic and is able to manipulate which type of wind to help him fly even to a very far place. [Contract Beast])

(Scroll of C: Magic scrolls artificial by C with the ability that will really help you. Believe a little to C. When you want to use it, say imprint.)

(Feather of Sky: Feather from Sky Pigeon.)

(Book - How to Process Magic Material, Beginner Level: Guide to Managing Materials containing magic.)

(Water Crystal - Small: Mineral magic with a compatibility of the water element, can release the flow of water when it is flowing with Mana)

‘Looks like nothing seem so interesting, there is even suspicious... Hmmm..... Imprint! ‘

Name : Hyuga Bezalel Uzuki, age : 29

Adventure Rank : F

Mana : 1

Type : Void 

Skills : Wisdom of Language, Status concealment, Physical concealment, First-aid 1, Teaching 2, Smithing 2, Woodworking 1, Bond, Stealth 4, Scout 3, Cooking 2, Butchering 1, Brewing 1, Sewing 1, Farming 1, Fishing 1, Breeder, Accounting, Intimidation. 

Additional skills : Appraisal 3+, storage box.

Combat Skills : Uzuki-style School of Martial Arts

Title : Master of Uzuki-style School of Martial Arts

Wisdom of the Language: the ability to understand various languages.

Status Concealment: The ability to cover the desired status when dealing with appraisal and manipulate the personal information you want to share.

Physical Concealment: The ability to cover up physical appearance.

Stealth: The ability to hide the existence and hide.

Scout: The ability to find a trace and follow someone.

Cooking: The ability to process and cook a variety of food ingredients.

First Aid: The ability to do first aid and is the basis of treatment techniques.

Teaching: the ability to teach.


Buthering: the ability to cut and process materials derived from the bodies of living things.

Woodworking: The ability to process/carve wood.

Smithing: The ability to forge and process various materials.

Brewing: The ability to make alcoholic drinks and other fermentation

Sewing: The ability to sew and process cloth and beast skin.

Farming: The ability to cultivate land for agriculture.

Fishing: the ability to fish and catch animals in water.

Bond: Strengthening bonds.

Accounting: the ability to process and calculate data.

Breeder: The ability to care for and cultivate livestock.

Intimidation: The ability to use the his/her own existence to pressure other being around his/her self.


Appraisal 3+: The ability to get some information connected to [Gaia Library], access added: Personal notes added.

Storage Box: The ability to store an object in a special dimension that is influenced by the magic of space and time (the effect of magic items).

Gaia Library: High -level magic created mysteriously in the past and allows a Sage to share and gain certain knowledge. Information obtained from Appraisal comes from here and the appraisal level affects access that can be obtained.

Title: Some people in this world get the nickname which is a marker of the characteristics and characteristics concerned in front of many people.

Mental Note: The ability to store information specifically and connect directly to the user's mind. Additional: This feature is only one in this world and given by C.

‘This feels more like a game ...‘, My consciousness disappeared at that time ...

*

"Oi, Hyuga... please deliver this to the old man's Rob place's. "

I'm Leo, a blacksmith in Camellia Village. For more than 8 years I have lived in this village, this village is quite extensive with the agricultural area and training ground for vigilante corps, so of course this village needs a blacksmith.

In the past when I was young I had worked as an adventurer, and thanks to that I learned about many things, even material beast plus knowledge from my father who was a dwarf about minerals and ore, of course it really helped me become a blacksmith.

I have a son who works in another city as an adventurer's guild officer, I've been living alone for 3 years until my good friend and loyal customer Ricardo came and brought some weapons, most of them were in very bad condition and could only be re-melted but some other weapons even though in poor condition looked well cared for.

“Oi, Ricardo what are these weapons you brought here for? "

“These weapons are bandit equipment that we brought from Magnolia village, all of these were kept by someone. What do you think? "

“ Everything is junk and only a few are still useful. But some of these are useful?! Perhaps.. "

“That person is doing minimal maintenance of these weapons. Seems promising, doesn't it? Ha ha ha ha... "

“ HA HA HA... Looks like you're interested in that person and I think I'm starting to take an interest in his abilities. "

“There are very few people who dare to spar with me and dare to meet my fist head to head around here. Ha ha ha ha... "

” HOO... HE IS INDEED A RECKLESS PERSON. HA HA HA... “

Of course our conversation was accompanied by alcoholic drinks, which made the atmosphere pleasant, I had known Ricardo even from the time I was active as an adventurer, and he was the one who invited me to this village when I returned after learning to forge.

According to Ricardo's story, this person named Hyuga is an Easterner and does not have a job at this time. With his ability to maintain weapons, Ricardo thought of adding someone who could help me as well as keep an eye on him.

After we met, for some reason the aura he had seemed to suit me, when he offered to carry the ombra dog carcass it looked like he had some sympathy for the beast. What a strange person.

After he lived with me, of course he was quite helpful, both with work and taking care of the house including cooking. He was also a quick learner, it seemed he had learned the basics of forging in his world before.

Today he has just returned after helping with construction in Magnolia village and I would like to ask him to deliver the goods for Rob, one of the elderly villagers.

But instead I found him unconscious with his body asleep on the table. I immediately took him to the clinic for examination.

According to Yui, she just caught a fever and the mana in his body started to open. This is a common symptom experienced by children as they begin to learn to regulate the mana in their bodies.

*

When I gain consciousness the sun was already setting, I was in a room that looked familiar to me. The room where I stayed a few days after I arrived in this village..

' Ugh... I'm lying in the clinic like this... '

The sound of footsteps was heard approaching the room I was in, the figure of a very beautiful young girl could be seen from behind the door and carrying a basin of water.

"Are you awake? "

" What happened to me? "

“You have a fever plus the mana in your body is starting to activate. Usually these symptoms are only experienced by small children. "

Yui replaced the compress on my forehead with a new one, then placed her hand on my chest.

“Your mana flow is starting to stabilize. It must be very surprising, right? "

"Hmm..", I nodded slightly.

“My grandfather used to even think he was going to die when this happened.”

She smiled as she talks about her grandfather, she really does look pretty. I felt like taking a photo of him at that time.

"You seem very close to him? "

“When I was little, my grandfather always spoiled me. So when my grandfather died, I was very sad and felt really miss him. "

“I was living with my grandfather for more than 10 years until 2 years ago he died. You could say he was the most terrifying person I have ever known. "

“Hahaha... You say bad things about him, but it seems your eyes are saying something else. "

"Hmm! My grandfather is indeed a very scary person when he is serious, and lot scarier when he is angry, but still he is a person I really respect. "

"It turns out that we have something in common...", in a soft voice like a mutter she said that, and suddenly it seemed like my face was getting hot at that time.

She chuckled when she saw me, then told me to rest. Tomorrow she would take me somewhere to accompany her.

As Yui left the room, I closed my eyes to feel what was happening to my body. I didn't feel any pain, but it felt like my body was heating up from within and a surge of energy was felt throughout my body.

'My ki flow remains stable, but is getting stronger than before, and...'

I tried to feel another energy that flow in my body while controlling my breathing. The energy flow seemed to envelop my whole body like a thin membrane.

The sensation is little bit similar to ki, but feels different. It's really hard for me to understand. I started to focus my concentration on the energy membrane on the outside of my skin and as soon as the membrane felt enlarged, I took a deep breath and calmed my mind.

Then I try to focus this foreign energy into my fist and it feels like my hand is wearing a boxing glove, but when I focus it on my other hand, a different sensation starts to feel.

The energy seemed to synchronize with the ring on my finger. I tried wearing the appraisal glasses while dividing the energy into my ring and glasses. A column appeared in my view and it seemed clearer than the writing I had seen so far, it felt like a fusion of  magic and 3D technology like the things inside high-tech helmet in a superhero movie that I saw.

' Hoo...!! If this thing could be added sound it feels like I have my own AI! '

Appraisal Glasses

output upgraded...

mental note       storage ring

mental note : please insert the note you want...

' Hmm... it's like a 3D notebook. '

Storage ring

Appraisal Glasses (permanent)

smart phone

bag

-

' So the items that I store in a storage ring becomes data like this.. This display sure is more convenient. '

I started trying to learn how to use Appraisal Glasses that night and planned to learn about the storage ring tomorrow.

Using Appraisal Glasses, there's no need for me to move my body. With just my mind, I can use it. I started making some notes, including trying to keep a diary. It was like playing with my smartphone before I fell asleep.

The next day Yui took me out to pick some medicinal herb in the highlands to the northwest of the village, the air in this place is very fresh and there are many plants that seem to be useful for making medicine and potions.

Yui told me to walk towards the meadow at the highest point and told me to sit there.

“This place is one of the places that has the best mana flow near the village, try to be quiet for a moment and feel the mana around you, this will help you. "

After saying that, Yui left me to pick up various plants and when I offered to help, she forbade me and said, “You are here to restore your condition. And learn to control your mana.”

After that I tried to meditate there and regulate my breathing. Slowly I started to feel the flow of energy around me, like the air around us, wherever it was like that.

As I started to focus my concentration on the membrane-like object that wrapped around my body and made it thicker and stronger and stronger, I imagined the anime scene I was seeing and started to feel the mana in my body expand, and slowly I opened my eyes little by little I started to see mana emanating from my body.

I reduced the amount of mana I released, then took a deep breath and started practicing my breathing.

'Magic is determined by imagination and mental image', the words I once read in one of the novels I read and I started to remember one of the magics I've ever read at a glance, if I'm not mistaken support magic, protection and suddenly the membranes in my body thicken and form like thick clothes that cover my whole body.

" Are you more used to it? ", Yui's voice startled me and I again suppressed the mana in my body.

“ A little... But it still feels weird. ", I answered and turned to her.

" Keep it that way. “, Yui lowered her body and touched my back with her palm and was silent for a few seconds.

"The mana in your body is starting to stabilize, soon you'll be fine. Even though it's not as big as a mage, the mana you can spend is quite large, it's just that with your type of mana it seems like it will be difficult to become a magic swordsman. "

“ Wow... I'm still confused by those terms, but I know your abilities are awesome! "

“As a doctor at least I can do within this level, but I still novice and need to learn a lot. I still..  "

Seeing her expression I unconsciously touched her hand and as soon as I realized what I was doing I panicked and pulled my hand away, then my face felt hot.

"S-sorry..."

“N-it's okay.. If you're better, let's go back. "

The night after I returned to Leo's house, I couldn't sleep because of the previous incident, then to fill my time I started trying to learn the storage ring's abilities.

I tried to keep a knife I made and then took it out again. Usually I need my arm's reach to put things into the storage ring.

I started to circulate the mana in my body in the storage ring and felt the energy membrane that had been on the surface of my skin, widening and forming a 1 meter circle with myself at the center, and by thinking about whatever I wanted to keep, things within my reach. Disappeared and was in the storage ring.

' This ability is really interesting. This will be very useful in the future. For a very small capacity of 2.5 sqm, I think it's big enough, how about medium and large...'

Storage box

Appraisal Glasses(permanent)

Feather of Sky x8

Water Crystal – small x5

Great Sword

Sword of Wings x2

Iron Sword

Bronze Chain Mail

Cape of Nobody f+

Fire Crystal

-

I keep some of these things in the storage ring. Some of the weapons and other items I got from the two brothers, the boss bandit and the hooded man.

I'm still hesitant to touch it, more precisely I'm confused what to do with these objects. After playing with the storage ring I fell asleep and got ready for the next day.

Day after day, with me constantly trying new things while still doing the jobs I already had.

Most of my time I spent working and studying under Leo, sometimes I helped Yui collect medicinal herbs.

Sometimes I also help at the training ground, I also occasionally participate in patrolling the forest and doing the hunting. Bent and Yugo were always stationed with me when hunting and sometimes several people took turns with our group while hunting.

By hunting I was able to complete some adventurer guild quests, some adventurers who were getting to know me also asked me to take care of their weapons and equipment.

The villagers who are getting closer to me sometimes ask me for help with what they are doing since old man Rob asked me to help with his field work.

Farming and gardening, working on the farm, playing and teaching children, I did various other things.

In my spare time, I began to return to practice and remembering all of my grandfather's teachings and continued to learn about forging as well as magical abilities.

Compared to the time before I was sent to this world, I started getting bored with my routine and some time skip training my body. But in this world, I started to learn new things, there is always something interesting that I can learn and do even though I'm in the village.

' This world doesn't seem bad either. And aaaaaaahh, looks like the spring of my youth has finally arrived~~'

6