Chapter 5 – Preparation and Departure (part 1)
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5 – Preparation and Departure(part 1)

“Uwaaaaahh… My body can't move more than these! "

“Is this the training of the famous Camellia village's vigilante corps?! "

Rag who was lying on the bed and Dom who was sitting quietly catching his breath, looked very tired and sweat was dripping from their bodies. Right now they were in a dorm-like room with several beds.

The room was enough to accommodate 8 people at a time, and there were currently 6 men in the room. Of the 7 adventurers who that day came to the camellia village at Hyuga's invitation, only Sica and Ann were women, they were placed in separate rooms.

“The menu given this time is an advanced menu for vigilante corps. “, five pairs of eyes turned to the person speaking to them, that person was none other than John. "This is the first time I've done it too, I didn't expect it to be this hard. "

"But you're pretty strong, huh? Between us and you, you're the only one who looks fine. After all, what were they thinking, giving us an advanced training menu?! This is really hard? “, Jin muttered as he lay down.

"Hahaha... Big bro Hyuga who suggested it, he's the type of person who is too careful. I heard, in this preparation period alone, he has spent a lot of time preparing several things. "

" Hah! According to the rumors I heard, he was only a rank F. Just like me! And why he is chosen to be one of the leaders and act high and might.. "

"Jin don't say things like that. Hyuga's aim is good for us, while entering the dungeon, being alert is very important. "

"But we're just a support team, there's no need to be this vigilant! And you guys, why are you so obedient to people who are even ranked below you? "

“For some reason, when we successfully carried out our first quest, we were very satisfied with the results and we are very grateful that none of us were seriously injured. The person who suggested us on the first quest was Hyuga, it felt like we had an older brother watching over us. "

"I also agree with what Hyuga suggested. Jin you better take this training well, it's a good opportunity for us. “ 

“Well… if brother told me to….”

*

On the third day they began to get used to the given exercise, their physical abilities and stamina increased slowly.

And my part as the one who invite them to this village, in the afternoon, I gave a different kind of training, on the second day I asked them to hunt in the forest as a team, on the third day they went back to a practice match 1 again 1, then 2 against 2. Today was their fourth day in the village. This time, after morning training, their afternoon break was longer than usual.

“Alright, this afternoon's training menu is a battle between the teams. Your opponents are the three of them.”

Walter, Yugo and Bent entered the practice area. In the past few days they have received their own training menu, to be more precise, they have re-training the training they had previously done for three days in Magnolia Village.

“ HAH?!! “. John, who was surprised by my words reflexively let out a voice. All eyes turned to him.

"What is it, John?? “, asked Dom seeing John's shocked expression.

“Ah, that.. Uhm.. Aaa……”

"Enough talking. 8 against 3, isn't this a great offer? Get in position! Start!! "

I didn't let John say a word and the sparring began. I sat not far from them and watched the fight.

Rag, Jin and Dom charge forward. Jil, who was quite fully equipped with shield and iron armor, was in the back and together with John guarded rearguard members in the back.

Yugo and Bent faced the three of them and created several chances for Walter to fire an arrow into the their middle and rear guard. However, the arrows aimed at them were repelled by John and Jil.

Feeling the upper hand, Jin dashed through Yugo and Bent lunged at Walter. Before John can stop him, Walter attacks and incapacitates Jin with a melee attack.

Bent leaves Yugo, breaking through Rag and Dom. Yun, who finished preparing his magic shot a ball of water. However, Bent easily dodged and the magic continued to shoot towards Rag, Dom and Yugo. 

Rag and Dom dodged it, Yugo saw a medium-sized ball of water, aiming at him at a fairly high speed and smiled. Yugo raised the sword with both hands up and slashed at the ball of water, causing it to split and shatter around Yugo.

Yugo immediately moved and swung his sword at Dom who was still surprised, then threw him away when Dom tried to block the attack with the spear in his hand, after that in an instant Yugo attacked Rag again quickly.

While on the other hand Bent had already arrived behind Yun and knocked him down by kicking his leg. John, who was a little late in realizing it, tried to restrain Bent before he could attack Ann, while Sica was still shocked because she was hit by a special blunt arrow for training in her leg.

Yugo who knocked Rag and Dom down with his surprise attack, went deeper into their formation and attacked Jil.

Jil manages to withstand several of Yugo's attacks and in no time John, Ann and Jil are cornered by Yugo, Bent and Walter.

"Haaa...."

John sighed, looking at Walter, who was pointing an arrow at him with a smile. Some people are still wondering what happened.

Apart from Jil and Rag, the others still looked puzzled for a moment and looked at their three opponents in admiration after that.

"Your name is Yugo right?! That was great!! Even though we are not too far apart in age, but you’re so strong!", Jin said looking at Yugo in awe.

" How was it? All of you can see something cool by practicing here, right? Tonight, you can talk to these three people and tomorrow morning, you can train with them again. Then, you can return to Rockaxe to rest and prepare for the quest in last 3 days."

I patted Bent's shoulder, who seemed to want to avoid the young adventurers and whispered something to him, “Remember your promise, I've taught you an interesting thing or two haven't I. I still have two more days to work. ". Hearing this Bent nodded his head.

After Walter arrived, I retrained them, this time even I started teaching a little bit of my family's martial arts techniques, like the one Yugo used to slash the ball of water made of magic. Luckily, they are quick to learn, I feel lucky when they can use some techniques quickly.

I also asked Paolo help to come over, then went to see Ann and Yun to advise them. I left the training grounds and went back to working on some of the preparations, which I had to complete for the quest in the next three days. Rag and Jil came to see me the next day, say goodbye and promise to meet when we were about to start the quest.

1