Chapter 6 – Entering the Dungeon (part1)
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 – Entering the Dungeon(part1)

Our journey to Lily village went smoothly, only a few beasts dared to attack this large group. During the trip, we stopped to rest about two times, including one lunch time, which consisted of bread and meat jerky.

Not long after sunset we arrived at Lily village and there the village head, local vigilante corps and the reconnaissance team assigned by the adventurer's guild greeted us.

The village head invited us to rest in the village square area and some of the residents' houses that were empty for the women, they also gave us the food ingredients collected by the villagers as a token of gratitude, because we were going to carry out the quest this time.

Silvet met and talked with the vigilante corps in this village, the current number of vigilante corps was quite a lot, because of the help from other villages that came to help guard this village during the quest.

While the scouts assigned to the guild are currently three people, they will be coming together to the dungeon, to assist us and will be under the direct command of Reon, Murdock and Silvet.

The next morning, according to schedule we started to enter the great forest of Ragnag while reducing the beasts we encountered along the way. In order to reduce the burden of fighting, several parties took turns to deal with beasts during the journey.

Meanwhile, the support team carried large bags with various equipment, considering that we couldn't carry the wagon into the forest all the way to the dungeon.

In the outer region, as usual the horned rabbits and goblins we met mostly, and as we entered the middle of the forest, the types of goblins became more diverse and then orcs, big rats, hobgoblins began to appear.

The interior of the forest, we found more diverse types of beasts such as brown boar, saber tiger, gray wolf, man-eating plant and what I hate the most is the big serpent.

Even from when I was a kid, to be honest, I really disliked snakes! And as usual, in this world most animals are bigger and more ferocious, and that makes me doubly dislike them.

In the past, when I was little, there were several films that depicted the size of a snake that was larger than the usual type of anaconda. I tried really hard not to kill that damn creature right away when i see it and let the rest of the party handle it.

You see, there are different kinds of people like me dealing with different animals, like, little black creatures that can fly as well as mice. Ugh.. I'd better distract myself with something else, as it's a shame, this time we couldn't bring the materials from the beasts we defeated along the way.

' If the storage box in this ring is bigger, I'll take them all and get the materials... ha...'

(Goblin fighter: a type of goblin that has more fighting ability than the usual type. Their type is distinguished by the choice of weapons used, the fighter type prefers to use sharp weapons and likes weapons and equipment made of metal. Rank: E. )

(Goblin archer: a type of goblin that has the ability to use bows and arrows and has a more troublesome threat level with a longer range. Rank: F. Material: arrow head. )

( Hobgoblins : one type of evolutionary variation of goblins, their bodies are larger and almost like adult humans, with physical strength that also matches their body size, however, their intelligence remains unchanged. Rank: E. )

(Big rat: as the name suggests, they are large rodents, not so hard to beat, however, have a low amount of poison in their bite. Rank: E. )

(Brown boar: a large wild boar with long fangs sticking out of its lower jaw and also large. Rank: D. Material: brown boar fur; brown boar fangs; brown boar meat; magic crystal very small.)

(Saber tiger: a tiger with long and sharp fangs and has a fairly large body size. Rank: D. Material: saber tiger pelt; patient tiger fang; magic crystal very small.)

( Gray wolf: a large wolf with a height of almost 2 meters. Usually hunts in groups. Rank: D. Material: gray wolf fang; gray wolf fur; gray wolf claw; magic crystal very small.)

(Man-eating plant: vines that will ensnare its prey's legs and pull and then eat it, the type that is not difficult to beat but is quite troublesome with sudden attacks. Rank: E+. Material: vine.)

( Big serpent : a large snake that is good at camouflaging its body like a tree branch. Rank: C. Material : huge serpent skin; huge serpent meat; magic crystal small. )

The dungeon entrance was not far from the inner boundary of the great forest and we arrived at the dungeon in the late afternoon. As soon as we entered the dungeon, we were immediately greeted by a horde of goblins, goblin archers, goblin fighters and several hobgoblins.

We decided to rest and continue exploring the next day and decided to place Dawn Light, Lighting and All Fang's party to rest in the first room. Then I along with the vigilante corps, support team, Aqua slasher, Dark Blanket and Tomahawk will be in the second largest room. Then in the third room filled with the knight squad, Dark Rhino and the reconnaissance team.

After preparing the place, we rested and prepared dinner. Yugo and Bent brought a party from the support squad each to distribute food and other necessities to the first and third room. After dinner, most would go to sleep and some would take turns to keep watch.

A few hours after we rested, there was a warning sound all around us and everyone was awakened by it. I had the support team gathers at one point surrounded by other parties, alternately messengers from the other two rooms came to give news.

" Message from the commander, he says as we expected, there is a trap, they find a hole popped in the first room. Several beasts have sprung up and can be restrained so far. "

“The beast horde also appeared from within the dungeon and is being held back by the knight squad and the Dark Rhino party. "

“Alright, everyone here don't be careless, pay attention to the walls around. Hyuga and Yugo will help the knight squad. Bent and some Tomahawk members will help Reon. "

Silvet gave orders to the members in the second room. Yugo and I rushed to the location of the knight squad to restrain the beasts, when we got there, the knights and members of the Dark Rhino were still holding their pace.

Yugo charged forward and helped defeat the beasts that were coming towards us. The knights who were trained to fight in one formation swiftly dealt with the beasts. While the Dark Rhino members as the name suggests, they are a party that focuses on defense, then counterattack using the great power they have.

Support magic, Protection x12!

I used support magic that I learned these few months, this technique creates a mana membrane around the body, which is useful for strengthening others resistance. Using it on everyone here would eat up all of my mana, therefore, I focused more on this magic on the twelve people, the five Dark Rhino members and the other seven knights.

“ Hyuga-dono! “

“We are doing as planned while monitoring the progress. "

Most of the beasts attacking this place were goblins and hobgoblins, the squad in front of me is easily resisting the wave of attacks that was aimed at them, until I saw from a distance a larger figure rushing towards us.

" Watch out! Three brown boars coming! “, shouted one of the front row saw the arrival of the brown boar.

Those in the front row, then adjusted their formation to meet the brown boar's attack. Meanwhile, I kept my eyes on the area that was still covered in dust from the three brown boars. I then dashed through the formation in front of me and dodged the pace of the brown boar and other beasts, then threw the knife in my hand.

"Aniki?! “, Yugo who was surprised to see me reflexively called out to me.

“Finish those three boars! Watch out for magic attacks, the goblin mages are behind them. "

( Goblin mage : Goblin which has a little more intelligence than the other types and is able to use simple magic to attack. Rank : D. Material : goblin mage staff; magic crystal very small. )

After the two goblin mages were taken down, I who was still in the midst of the beasts and blocked from view of the others prepared to attack.

Form of Forest, chain knife first technique. Autumn Leaf

I swung the chain knife in my hand, then started attacking the beasts around me and my attacks left bloodstains as far as my weapon's spin. I pulled the chain in my hand and returned to my position, when I returned, the three brown boars had already been defeated by the other members. They continued to fight for a few minutes, until the messenger came over to us.

“The other squad managed to overcome the attack and is heading this way! "

After Dawn Light's party and the others arrived to our aid, we managed to stop the wave of attacks. After that, we decided to get together and discuss the next steps.

I asked Yugo to call some people who can cut beasts, to process the three brown boars that was just defeated, after that I just approached the commanders.

“This time we managed to defend well, thanks to the strategies we discussed earlier. "

“And this is thanks to someone whose instincts are like that on par with a wild animal. ", Silvet glanced at me with his usual smile, a smile that was not known to be sincere or thinking about something bad.

“This room is too suspicious and is flanked by two other comfort zones. This dungeon is like a swindler. "

“Sorry for our carelessness! “, said one of the scouts and lowered his head.

"It's not your fault. It was indeed this dungeon that was like a swindler. Chances are, something like this won't happen again for a while, but we still have to be vigilant. Are the dungeons always like this? So how was the situation at your place? "

“This is the first time we have come across an incident like this, even more so, when we were only in the first level. This is really a strange situation! And as Hyuga suspected, while we were asleep a hole appeared from behind the wall and a large number of beasts came out from inside. "

“In this room only a few beasts appeared, mostly flying type beasts, which broke through from the first room. "

According to the reports I heard, the beasts that appeared weren't much different from where we were and very few appeared in this room. I saw some beast corpses that were getting absorbed back into the dungeon.

( Dungeon bat : Medium-sized bats, attack and suck the blood of their prey. Rank : E. )

' As I recall, in some areas, bats can be eaten, but they do consume blood, I'd better not try it for now. '

“ Aniki, we have already prepared the things that you order. "

I asked Yugo and the support squad members to collect drop items, as well as cut some of the brown boar meat for those who were hungry after the fight earlier. Before going back to rest, I first compiled the list of drop items that we got.

We continued our journey without meeting any surprises like before. On the first level, after the three rooms, there is only a downward path. On the second level, it wasn't much different from before, only, there were more types of flying beasts, such as dungeon bats, sharp sparrows and purple moths.

( Sharp sparrow : A bird with a sharp beak, attacks by sticking its beak on the target. Rank : D. Material : sharp sparrow feather; sharp sparrow beak; sharp sparrow meat; magic crystal. )

( Purple moth : The medium size purple wing moth and attacks with pollen on its wings, to make it difficult for its opponent to breathe. Rank : F. Material : purple moth wing. )

We are currently in the third level, and it looks like the path is getting bigger and bigger in front of us.

"We'd better rest now. ", said Reon to us.

“Possibly, we will meet a beast of a larger size? "

" It seems so... "

“Then I agree with Reon-dono's suggestion. ", Murdock opinion after listening to Reon's statement.

....

.......

“ Everyone, it seems.. we are missing something right now. "

“Argh! That person!! "

1