Chapter 22 – Status (part 2)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22 – Status (part 2)

"Oi, Hyuga! When are we going back? Huh?! What's going on here? Then what's with that face of yours?"

"Ah, sister Kim... I've been testing here all night and I seem to have lost track of time so I haven't slept since last night."

"Then, what's wrong with that ghost?", sister Kim pointed at Gustav who was sitting in the corner of the room holding his head.

"Looks like he got a headache after I told him to do some things."

"How do ghosts get headaches? Then why do they seem to come back as humans? And... No, forget all those questions. I don't want to find out if it turns out that you're not human either and you're a Demon Lord like in the old tales... "

"I'm still human! Don't spread false rumors, old hag!"

"I've heard rumors about your weirdness, but this is on a different level! "

"Geh... I-I... "

"Never mind that now, so when are we going back?"

"We can go back now, and Gustav you wait here until I return in a few days. And in the meantime you continue to learn what I asked you to do earlier. " 

"So, we're going back?"

"Yes, and... Sorry sister, but please accompany me to submit a report to the guild and the church. "

After that, we all started preparing to leave this dungeon, I brought most of the treasures in the treasure room that could be used as wages for the expedition team members this time and also magic crystals from some undead during the last battle in this room.

Honestly, the results we found here are very far compared to the previous dungeon. Telepor Gate would probably be very expensive if sold, but sorry, that item and several other interesting items are consensual rations for me according to the previous agreement with the guild for making me do this quest this time, more specifically forcing me to do this quest this time with many limitations that I have to bear.

Of course, I also told the others that there were some magic items in the room that might be expensive, but I really wanted to learn them. Fortunately, they didn't mind my wishes because they thought that I was contributing the most to the quest this time.

'I'm sorry, I will repay this favor in other ways. ', I can only say this in my heart while looking at the others.

Bjorn parted ways with one of the Skeleton Knights and they escorted us up to the first level of stairs, I told the others to walk first on the grounds that I would accompany sister Kim to purify them. 

On the one hand, I didn't want to lie to them. However, sister Kim told me that if they found out the truth, the militants from the church would be looking for them.

"Hyuga, you have to make sure no one checks your status carelessly. If they find out you have undead as Familiars, you could be considered a heretic by the militants and they will come looking for you. "

Sister Kim said that as we parted ways with the Skeleton Knights. We continued our journey and arrived at the village at noon.

"You are free to return to your respective places, or you can rest in this village. The Vigilante corps will prepare a place for you if you wish to rest in this village, and once again I thank you all for your help. If anyone needs my help, please just say so, I will help you as best as I can. And lastly, the guild will let you know when the quest rewards will be distributed. Thank you again for your help!"

After saying that we all split up and went our separate ways. Dark blanket, Silver arms, the knights, Shyan and the church representatives went straight to Rockaxe, and I went with them to give a report.

Upon arrival at Rockaxe, we again separated from each other. Me, sister Kim and Shyan reported the results of this quest to the guild master who was accompanied by Thomas and another officer who recorded everything we reported. 

By the time we finished giving our report and the items we got while in the dungeon, the sun was already out.

"Looks like it's time for dinner. Hyuga, would you like to join us for dinner?"

"I'm happy to accept, I still have a supply of horned rabbit meat as a gift for the kids. "

"Hahaha... The kids must be happy to get meat for dinner. "

"Alright, let's get going!"

“ ..... “

"Guildmaster, what are you doing?"

"Can't I come with you? I want to meet my friends too."

The guildmaster walked ahead of us and we couldn't help but walk with him. When we arrived at the church, the head priest welcomed us, I quickly gave the horned rabbit meat to one of the nuns, and she hurried to prepare it. 

That night we ate with the children of the orphanage, and when we finished the head priest invited us to have tea with him.

"Of course I'll come... There are still things I want to hear. Ho ho ho..."

"Ugh. This old man... "

"Yes, it's useless to cover it up. "

After that, I told them about my battle with Gustav and my thoughts on the blessings he had that bound him to this world, and how I intended to keep them there until we figured out how to purify them.

"Gustav... I think I've heard of him. ", the Guildmaster recalled the name while occasionally drinking the tea in front of him.

"If that's the case, we'll support you. After all, it would be a problem if the Lumier church side clashed with the dragon lords' followers. Their faith has been around for a long time and has loyal followers, although they don't look much like the Lumier church. It would not be a good thing if we clashed with them. "

After finishing my conversation with the head priest, I intended to stay at the inn I had previously been to and just before parting, the guildmaster said.

"Hyuga your rank will go up to B. However, if you object, you will still go up to C rank."

Before I could answer, the guildmaster left me. The next morning I went back to the guild to discuss the weapons and armor that I had brought from the dungeon, along with the magic crystal and several beasts that I had stored during the trip.

"Alright Hyuga, here are the details you handed over to the guild and the price per item. Please check. ", Thomas gave me the sales details...

"135 iron swords x 8 silver, 90 broad swords x 15 silver, 185 spears x 4 silver, 65 scale mails x 40 silver, 80 shields x 5 silver, 78 skelaton warriors magic crystal very small x 50 copper, 3 orc hides and magic crystal and meat totaling 425 kg, 32 horned rabbits fur and horn and meat totaling 60 kg, 1 big serpent skin and magic crystal and meat totaling 85 kg, and finally 1 brown boar fur, fang, magic crystal and meat totaling 60 kg. So the sales result is 63 gold 81 silver and 10 copper. Yes, this is correct. "

I requested 25kg of orc meat, 4kg of horned rabbit, 15kg of big serpent and 20 kg of brown boar. In the storage box, the meat will not spoil, I plan to give some to the orphanage and some to celebrate with others. I also requested some bones and other unused scraps for my slimes.

" Then the money earned from the dungeon was 61 gold and 74 silver. The total obtained from the quest this time was 125 gold 55 silver and 10 copper. The guild took 25% as a commission and compensation for the needs provided by the guild, and according to the agreement 20% would be donated to the church. Then, according to your request to divide it equally along with the bonus from the guild, each member will receive 2 gold 50 silver. "

I agreed as the expedition quest leader this time, of course this was based on our mutual agreement. And as expected, it's smaller than what the support team got in the previous quest. 

I spent 6 gold 43 silver to buy some weapons and other materials for the materials I would use for my forging lessons, so the remaining rewards from the two dungeon conquests I had 4 gold 77 silver.

"Hyuga, there is a message from the guildmaster. Please take your time to rest, but prepare what you need just in case. The capital still hasn't decided about the final dungeon. And as for your rank, have you decided yet? "

"For now just give it a C rank, a B rank is too flashy. And please tell the others, in two days I'll be having a simple celebration at the church. "

0