Chapter 3 – Rooftop Encounter
144 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kyaahh!!! Pervert!"

She screamed very loud and then approached me, shortening our distance instantly. 

Close! you're too close!

Uh-oh, she looked furious.

"Sensei... you saw it, did you?"

"Uhh... Wh-what, a-are you talking about?"

"A pink-colored piece of cloth."

"Huh? It's white, though?"

Ah! I'm toast. Why did I have to correct her?

"So you did see it. Pervert! Scum! Die you mo!@#!@!"

I never imagined such abusive words coming out from a beautiful girl, nevertheless from an honor student. Before this gets out of hand, I should probably try to calm her down.

"P-Please calm down. It was an accident. I never thought that someone would be here. Besides, with all the outrageous things that you've done before to me, this type of thing should be--"

"Huh? Are you crazy? Don't you need to see a doctor? Today was the first time we met."

Before I could finish my sentence, Airi (?), or would it be proper to call her Watanabe (?), cut me off.

"But didn't we see each other at my apartment this morning? You even cooked me breakfast."

"Ugh. You're delusional. How could someone as crazy as you become a teacher? I'm out of here."

Honestly, is she an honor student? How could such a student have a poisonous tongue? 

But the most crucial question on my mind still hasn't been answered.

After saying that, Watanabe started walking towards the exit. 

I grabbed her left arm when she walked passed by me.

She turned around and then--

*Slap*

"D-D-Don't touch me!"

She slapped me on the cheek. It wasn't my first time getting that, but d*mn - that hurt.

Tears started to form around her eyes. She looked scared for some reason. For the time being, I let go of her hand.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I just wanted to ask you something."

"*Sob* *Sob*."

I pulled out a handkerchief and extended it to her. 

"Here's a handkerchief. Please don't cry anymore."

Her legs were heavily shaking that she might collapse at any minute. 

Others might think I did something wrong if anyone saw us like this. Let's make her calm down first. I offered her a seat on the nearby bench.

"Uhh... For now, please calm down and listen to my story on that bench."

"Okay."

I'm glad she agreed, albeit reluctantly. I can see that she's still terrified. There's a meter between us to assure her I don't have any bad intentions.

After a few minutes, she calmed down, and thus, I proceeded to ask her questions.

"Once again, I'm sorry for grabbing your arm, Watanabe."

"It's alright. Sorry too for my sudden outburst. B-But you deserve it!"

"I know. It was my fault."

"I-I'm glad you understand. D-Did it hurt?"

"The pain subsided. So it should be fine now."

I was surprised by her sudden change of personality. 

Which was the real Watanabe? Or was she Airi all along just acting. 

For now, one thing's for sure. Watanabe's tears were real. 

I should ask first the reason why she looked so scared.

"Umm... Watanabe, do you hate men?"

"Yes... I've had bad experiences with boys ever since I was young. I was bullied and teased in elementary school for having blonde hair." 

"During middle school, I was confessed by many boys. They say things like, "I love you. Please go out with me!" all of a sudden. They don't even know the first thing about me and dare confess." 

 "I see. That looks rough."

"You said it. Tsk. Why am I telling you this in the first place? Argh."

"Haha..."

I let out a dry laugh. Watanabe looked fine now. Maybe I could finally ask her that question.

"Watanabe, do you know Airi Shimi--"

*Ding-dong* 

"Ah! Sorry, I didn't hear it due to the chime. Please don't tell anyone I have access here on the rooftop. Later, Sensei."

"Ah, w-wait!"

And she was gone in an instant. She was the same as Airi in that aspect. 

There were still questions I wanted answers to, but for now, let's be happy that I avoided the worst-case scenario.

 

==================================================================

Author's Note:

If you like the story, please follow me on my website here for faster updates. LINK

 

 

3