Chapter 1: The first loop
375 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please, for your sake, forget about us and live. My little white rabbit I will always love you.

 

 

"No! Please, please don't leave me alone!"

I woke up screaming, tears leaving my eyes at a rapid pace. Darting my head side to side, there wasn't any signs of enemies nor allies in sight. Dragging my knees close to my body, I remained alone in my bed, with my thoughts haunting me. My body was shaking uncontrollably and my hands were grabbing my sheets, almost tearing it if there was more force. 

Another nightmare, I can't... I can't let this distract me from achieving my goal.  

After recollecting my thoughts, I forced myself to calm down by doing a simple breathing exercise. Breath in, and out. When I was somewhat more calm, I moved  out of bed and lit the lantern besides sitting on the wooden desk. The fire bringing forth it's warm embrace, lighting up the room encompassed by darkness.  Next to the lantern revealed some objects that shouldn't exist in this time period. A laptop, followed by a flash drive and a remote. 

I opened the laptop, turning it on and typing the password to allow authentication.  I plugged in the flash drive, which revealed a single folder inside. Opening the folder, I started to get to work hopefully forgetting my nightmare in the process.

Tap Tap Tap

I remained typing at my keyboard until the rays of the sun brightened up the room. At the show of sunrise, I save my work and close the laptop, shutting it off and making sure to hide it under a cloak. Using magic, I'm able to charge the laptop using myself as a battery. After this tiring task is over, I start to make way way towards the mirror

Looking at the mirror, what stares back at me is a feminine face, with heterochromia eyes looking back. One of my eyes revealing a sky blue, with the other showing light green with a shallow darkness under both. The hair was long and messy, stopping at my waistline, with a color as white as snow.  My skintone was slightly darker than my hair, but still being fair. I wasn't very tall though, with my height measuring up to 4'8 while already being 17 years old. 

I walked up to the closet and changed into the Atrix Academy's uniform. It was a a white top, with the logo imprinted on the left sleeve. The uniform also had an option of wearing a long skirt, or long slacks, which I choose the former for mobility.  I fixed up my hair, brushing out the knots and straightening it up before tying it up into a ponytail. After I got another good look at myself in the mirror, I decided that I looked presentable enough to begin my day. 

 

Atrix Academy is the textbook definition for an 'okay' education. The quality of the teachers here leaves much to be desired, but they get their job done to an adequate level.  The only thing that makes this school stand out more than others is that it doesn't discriminate between different races which is common for this era. Officially, the school's stance is that they view races of both teachers and students to be equal. Surprisingly, it remains enforced inside and outside the classroom, but there are always bad apples to spoil the bunch. 

The academy was fairly large, residing in the northern part of the city. It contained Three main buildings, surrounded by a couple of smaller buildings, but still large in their own right. One of the the three main buildings was the campus itself which is at the center of everything, besides it was the dormitories with one for males and the other for females. I obviously resided in the dorm for females. 

"Hey look who it is! It's Hina! "

I paused and turned my head towards the familiar voice, what I saw was two females with extremely differing heights. One of them looked to be a foot tall. She was an inchling and the most telling sign was by how tall they were. She was wearing a similar uniform to me, but instead of a skirt she was wearing slacks. She was sitting tall on the shoulder of the other girl, a large grin adorned her face. Her hair was white like mine and was cut short, similar to a male. Her waist displayed a sword and scabbard on her left side, which her right hand was on the handle. 

The midget's name was Aru, better known as the Knight of Calamity during my time.  Her slaughter count easily reached the billions. Just like her title says, she was a walking calamity, mercilessly killing anything around her. Out of the three, she was recorded to be the weakest, but it doesn't mean much to be known as the weakest as we could do nothing to stop her. 

The girl she was on defiantly towered me in terms of height. She was 6'1, which would mean that I had to look up to meet her eyes. Speaking of eyes, her eyes were both blood red. She dawned a similar white uniform as myself with an addition of a red cape hanging down from her. She had olive green hair that flowed down to reach the mid section of her back.  Unlike Aru who carried a blade, she carried a large wooden staff that had a pearl on the tip of it. 

The taller woman's name was Fiora. Similar to Aru, she was another monster known as the Witch of Madness. Unlike the Knight of Calamity who simply kills their enemy, she appears to take joy with playing with her enemies. While she has been recorded to have the ability to use large-scale magic to instantly take out small towns, she would rather watch her enemies kill each other through manipulation. 

I could only glare at the two bastards that will be responsible for the largest massacre that takes place in the future. I couldn't even reply to them as I knew the words that will come out of my mouth would only be fueled by malice. With the current strength I had, I wouldn't be able to even scratch them, nonetheless be able to kill them. 

While the shorter one appears oblivious to my hostility, the taller of the two noticed it instantly. 

"Aru, I think we should get going." 

"Get going? We still have to wait for Ava before we head to school! We leave no friend behind!" Aru declared as fact. From the past week of observing the three monstrosities, they appear to to be friends long before attending this school. Practically inseparable.  

"Aru, we really should get going. She probably overslept so let's go and check her room."

"Alright fine, fine. Yo Hina, wanna come with us?"

"I don't think that's the best idea-"

"SORRY! SORRY! I overslept, but I'm here now!"

A third voice came from the stairs of the dormitory into the lobby.

A cheery girl with pink twin tails braided on either side of her shoulders came running down from the stairs. She had blue eyes with abnormal pupils that reflects her emotion. Behind her, she had a tail with a heart on the end of it that was moving side to side as she continued running. Following close behind her was a black cat, one of her summons.

The last member of the three monsters had shown herself. Ava, known as the Queen of Hatred. She's easily the strongest of the three of them in both terms of personal strength and carnage. 

But right now? She was easily the weakest of the three, not able to use even a fraction of the power she is known for. 

The Queen of Hatred. The one who made me who I am today. The one responsible for murdering my entire family.  The one who killed all my friends. The one who desecrated the bodies of everyone I loved. THE ONE WHO-

While I had seen her multiple times before, even have talked to her before, I couldn't help but to get unusually upset at her. Even more so than before. It might be due to the nightmare I had this morning, but at this point, I couldn't think logically. The only thing I saw, the only thing I felt was red. 

So I acted out on instinct. 

"Ah! your-"

And without warning.

SMACK

I imprinted my fist on her face. 

11