Chapter 3
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day of the mission has arrived. The Arnoirians are ready to go into battle. Before they went off to destroy the so-called threat, all of them gathered in front of the gate. That gate allows them to travel around the universe almost instantly. It is a creation that they invented long ago, which enables them to travel to any realm or world as they desire. To channel the gate, two mages are required that use spatial magic. The king tells them the location of the place that they need to go, and they are all set.

As the Arnoirians are waiting, the four brothers were preparing their weapons, checking if they are good to use. Each of them used a different weapon. Perseus used an axe, Orpheus a longsword, Chronos a dagger and Anastasius used two o katanas. Out of boredom, Perseus started to sharpen his axe while the mages channel the gate. Anastasius started practising his moves, Orpheus and Chronos were simply talking. After a while the gate has been open. All of them screamed in excitement. Cheering and howling like beasts. In front of the gate came Runedath and said a few words before the entered.

''I am proud of each one of you. Let us fulfil the Council's wish. Follow me into destruction. Destiny awaits brothers and sisters. Let us send a message to every one who opposes us. Where go the Arnoirians, death shall follow. Now brothers and sisters, fight or be forgotten!'' said Runedath as he raised his mace and charged into the gate. The planet that they needed to destroy was named Nividin. Home to Nividians. They were a peaceful race of beings that were very primitive and knowledgeable. Their magic was inferior to the Arnoirians, but they knew to defend themselves. Their main magic type was nature magic which included control over vines, roots, rocks, earth, wind etc. The Arnoirians didn't have any specific magic type. They used every type of magic from healing magic to illusion casting, metal manipulation and so on. The way that the gate works is, they appear in the sky or rather, a portal opens up in the sky and the Arnoirians descend to the ground.

As the Nividians were doing their own thing, of them noticed the gate in the sky. First to appear out of it was of course Runedath, followed by Arollan and the four brothers.

'' Arollan, I need you to assist all of us with your telepathy. You will stand in the sky and tell us everything that you see as we move forward into battle. One of my commanders will stay by your side to protect you in case someone tries to attack you.''

'' Of course, my lord.'' said Arollan.

The rest of the Arnoirians already started the killing of the Nividians. The four brothers still stood next to the king, waiting for their orders. They were prepared to go into the battle, but before they moved, Runedath stopped them.

'' Wait. Each one of you will go separately into battle. Arollan will tell you everything that he is able to see. How many enemies are approaching you, how many are left and things like that. I doubt my assistance will be needed, but if it is needed, then I will gladly assist you. Now go, descend into chaos.''

The brothers moved immediately. As soon as they landed, the started killing everything that moves. They started to hear more and more screams as the battle progressed. Slowly, they started to realize just how wrong this is. They knew that every single one of them is innocent, but they couldn't do anything. They had to be slaughtered or they die. Anastasius was the one that was effected the most. With each kill he felt more and more guilty, furious, sad. As he was going from place to place, he stumbled upon a family. He was hesitant at first, but he had no choice but to kill them. When he did it, a tear came down his cheek, but he brushed it off immediately. After a while they found each other. Chronos noticed the sad expression that his brother had, but he kept quiet. Standing there, they heard a huge thump and the ground that they were standing on shook. Then they heard a voice in their head.

'' Listen up. There is a huge army coming at you that has big rock golems as well as wood golems. Be careful because I think that the leader has arrived. I will let you know if something else happens.'' said Arollan.

The thumping became louder and louder, and eventually the army appeared. In front of the golems was a tall Nividian who looked furious.

'' My name is Yargol. I am the ruler of the Nividians and the Nividin planet. May I ask why are the Arnoirians here to slaughter us? We have done nothing wrong.''

'' We came on behalf of the Ethereal Council. The Council has declared that you are the threat to the balance of the universe, and so you shall be dealt with. Our king, Runedath, serves directly under the Council, so his word is absolute.'' said Chronos.

'' That is utter nonsense. What have we done exactly to become a threat to the universe? All we do is live peaceful lives. I want to talk to your king.'' said Yargol.

'' I am afraid I cannot let you talk to him.''

'' Alright then. If that is how you want to play, then so be it. Charge!'' The leader of the Nividians yelled, and the rock and wooden golems started charging at the Arnoirians. The golems cleared everything in their paths by throwing large rocks at them. The wooden ones created roots and vines that impaled some of them while immobilized the others. The army of Nividians clashed with Arnoirinas, and it was gruesome. Yargol noticed Arollan in the air and order an army of archer to try to kill him, but he was easily defended by the commander of Runedath. Not knowing what to do, he placed his hand on the ground and a giant tree sprouted from it, going upwards to Arollan. The tree bound both of them, and it slowly started to suck out their life forces. Commander died, but Arollan was saved by Runedath himself by destroying the roots that bound him, and he backed away.

''As useless as ever.'' spoke Runedath.

'' I am sorry, my lord.''

The tree then created big spikes from itself and start blasting at the Arnoirians. Numerous of them died, and the rest tried to charge at Yargol, but were stopped when he created an earthquake that shattered the ground. The golems continued to massacre them, the brothers didn't really do anything, they just stood there. It was as if they wanted some of them to die, and it did.

'' What do we do, Chronos? Our people are dying. We must react.'' said Perseus.

'' Well at least no one innocent is dying.'' replied Chronos.

Runedath looked around and saw how his people are slowly dying. As he was panning around, he noticed that the brothers were just standing still and not doing anything. He was confused at first, and then he yelled at them from the sky.

'' Chronos! What are you doing?! Why are all of you just standing still? Can't you see that you people are dying?!''

Chronos looked upwards at him and gazed at him with an enraged look, they lowered his head and went to attack the golems. The golems weak spot is their abdomen, indicated by the glowing stones that are embedded in them. Chronos quickly manoeuvred around his attack, climbed on his legs and stabbed the stone that was in the golem. After the stone was destroyed, the golem let out a growl before collapsing. When he collapsed, all was left were some pebbles and the shattered glowing stone. Arnoirians looked at him and started cheering. The Nividians were shocked to see that their golem had fallen, and they started panicking.

'' Everyone! The glowing stones in their abdomen is their weak spot. Attack it to kill the golems!''

All of them started charging at them, but the only problem was that by attacking the golems all together, left them vulnerable, and so they suffered huge losses. The four brothers were the only ones that were able to defeat them, because of their experience and their quick movement. When the last golem was destroyed, Yargol was left with no defence. All he had was a few guards by his side and a small army.

'' It is over, Yargol.'' said Chronos as he was breathing heavily from exhaustion.'' You have nothing left, we have destroyed all of your golems, and we reduced your army to nothingness. Give up.''

'' I guess you are right, but I still have something for you.'' said Yargol as he smirked at them all. He slowly started raising his arms in the air, and from the ground appeared roots with large flowers and plants on them. Then the flowers and the plants started to release poison all around Arnoirians. No one was safe from the poison, except for Yargol and a few of his army that he covered with earth and wood, the rest slowly started to die off.

Seeing this, Runedath momentarily told Arollan to tell the mages that were left by the gate to open a portal so that they can come back. Arollan failed at the first try. He was barely moving because of the tree that sucked off most of his life force. On the second try, he succeeded, and shortly after that, a portal was formed. The brothers were the first to escape thanks to their speed, then Runedath and Arollan came, as well as the remaining army. Most of the army still suffered the consequences of the poison that Yargol released. When they all arrived, the mages that specialized in healing magic started to treat everyone that was affected, but an antidote was required for the poison, which Arnoirians didn't have. All that were impacted by the poison soon died, the only ones that survived were the ones that escaped immediately.

Following the next few days, each person that went into the battle, was impacted by what happened during their fight. Especially the king. He called the four brothers to a meeting of a sort, but he really just wanted to see Chronos. When the brothers went to the throne room, they instantly bowed to the king, the last one to bow was of course Anastasius.

'' I am glad that all of you survived. This was an unexpected loss that I didn't see coming. The main reason why I called you here is because of a certain moment that happened between me and Chronos. After the golems started killing our brothers and sisters and my commander being killed as well as Arollan almost being killed, you all stood there like mindless dolls. Looking around as if you were lost in space. And you Chronos, what was that gaze that you gave me before destroying that golem?'' said Runedath as he was an inch away from Chronoses face.

Chronos and the rest stayed silent. They didn't say anything because there was nothing to be said. They knew that what they were doing was wrong, but they cannot say anything about it or they die.

'' Answer me, when I tell you to answer.'' Runedath said it in an enraged tone.

'' We don't know either my lord.'' said Orpheus.'' We just froze since it was our first time seeing our kind being slaughtered in that way. I promise you that it will not happen ever again.''

'' Oh, is that so? You froze? Freeze again, as you said, and see what will happen to you. Out of my sight!'' he yelled.

'' Of course my lord.'' said Orpheus. When they exited out of the throne room, Runedath mumbled:

''They froze ha?''

When the brothers left, they sighed in relief. All of them where glad that it was finally over.

'' That was what you came up with Orpheus. We froze?'' said Perseus.

'' At least I said something, and didn't keep my head low. That was the only thing that came into my mind, and it somehow worked. You should be thankful to me. I got us out of that situation.''

'' We are thankful. I honestly didn't know what to say, and I am glad that you came up with at least something.'' said Chronos to his brother.

'' No problem. So, waht do we do know?''

'' We should take a rest, and see what will happen tomorrow and see what Runedath has to say about what happened today.'' said Anastasius. All of them nodded and went to rest.

 

End of chapter 3

0