Chapter 5
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of the brothers stood the person that Runedath served. They were still looking down. They didn't want to do anything without being told by their king to not risk their lives. Anastasius very slowly raised his head, just enough so that he could see ahead of him and to try to see this person's face, but he wore a hooded cloak, possibly to hide his face. He lowered himself in front of their faces, his head resting on his hand, and with a gentle smile he asked.

'' What are your names?''

The brothers were hesitant at first to tell him their names. They looked at each other nervously, and then Chronos said.

'' Chronos, sir. This is Anastasius, Orpheus, and Perseus.''

'' Oh. Unique names, I must say. I hear that your king favours you a lot, and rightfully so. Your set of skill are decent, with a few minor tweaks they could be better. Am I right, Runedath?'' he said as he stood up and turned towards Runedath, waiting for an answer.

'' Of course you are. You are never wrong, sir.''

'' Right.'' he said with a grin on his face.'' Oh, how rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is-.'' before he could finish his sentence, someone came down from the sky, creating a large shockwave. The person's eyes widened from the surprise. Everyone looked at the direction of the shockwave, and there was a woman there. When she stood up, the brothers were astonished by her beauty. Her long purple hair, that was moving from the wind, captivated the brothers as well as her eyes. One red as a rune stone and the other as blue as the hottest stars.

When Runedath saw her he was scared, how the brothers saw it. They didn't know why, but they were sure that he knew something about her.

'' Why is she here!?'' Runedath screamed in fear.'' She shouldn't be here!'' he yelled. The brothers now stood up and had a confused look on their faces. It is the first time that they saw their king panicking so much, without knowing why. Runedath slowly started backing away from the scene. The brothers saw Runedath running, and they decided to follow him. As he was running away, a portal appeared in front of him. He jumped in it, while leaving the brothers behind. They helplessly stared at the portal closing. They couldn't do anything any more, so they decided to stay at a safe distance and just observed the mysterious woman and the mysterious guy. Both of them started talking, but the brothers were not capable to hear them clearing because of their distance.

'' Why are you doing this?'' the woman asked.

'' Why? Because I have to, not because I want to. Since you and your beloved members decided to change me by force. These are the consequences of that.''

The woman then appeared to get angry, her fist clenched and her eyes full of bloodlust. The guy took a step back, just in case she tried something. He chuckled when he saw how she reacted by his statement, and the chuckle turned into a smug smirk.

'' Struck a nerve didn't I?'' he asked in a disrespectful tone. He put his hand in front of him and a white spear materialized in his hand. He spun it around and slammed it in the ground.

'' Are you ready?'' he asked.

'' Oh, you want to fight?'' as she said that, she pointed up in the sky.'' Look up.'' the guy's eyes opened widely because of the sight that he saw.

'' You see all of those planets, moons, asteroids… Try to do something and all of them will be charged at you.'' she said in an arrogant voice. The guy dematerialized his spear, and left the planet in anger. The woman kept looking at him as she slowly turned away and started walking towards the brothers. Feeling uneasy because of her, they took a stance in order to attack her, as their last option. She smiled when she saw that and said.

'' Do not worry, Arnoirians, I am not a threat.'' they didn't lower their guard, they even drew their weapons out.

'' And why should we believe you. It looks like you know that guy, and our king seems to know you.

'' Chronos, please. If I wanted to, you all would be dead by now.'' they were shocked when she said his name, which increased their suspecion even more. Orpheus glared at her and asked.

‘’ Who the hell are you?’’

'' The name is Astra. Lady Astra for you, and I am the leader of the Ethereal Council. If you are wondering how I know you, well that is easy to answer. I have been watching you for a long time and I have watched what you have been doing with your '' conquests''. I must say, I am not pleased with what you did to all of those worlds and realms.''

'' The leader of the Council?'' said Chronos as he and the rest of his brothers kneeled at her feet. Lady Astra bursted into laughter when she saw them kneel.

'' You do not have to do that. Not yet at least.'' she raised her fingers and snapped them, created a portal similiar to the ones they use.'' Come now, we have to go.''

'' Go where?''

'' To the Ethereal Council, of course.''

-Meanwhile at the Arnoirian planet -

Runedath fell down when he popped out of the the gate. He had blood on him and he looked like he was badly damaged. Everyone rushed towards them to aid him. Arollan came rushing towards him and helped him get up. Runedath leaned on him and he went into his throne room. When he entered the room and disappeared from the crowd he was no longer limping and he acted like nothing happend to him. Arollan looked confused by this and asked.

'' My lord?''

'' What?''

'' Why were you pretending to be hurt? And where are the brothers?''

'' Well, I left them behind. I could not take them with me. Astra came to this battle as well. Somehting that should not have happened.'' said Runedath as he was starring out the window.

'' Astra as in the leade of he Council Astra? Why would she appear now?''

'' I don't know, but she did and there is nothing I can do anymore. i have to announce this to the people. Come, I have to lean on you.'' Arollan came to his side and the king put his arm around him, not fully because of Arollan's fragile body. When he appeared a massive crowd was already at the palace.

'' My brothers and sisters, I have some terrible news. My strongest servants, the four brothers, have lost their lives. We ran into a trap. The Nividians had back up that helped defeat us unfortunatelly. The brothers died protecting me, which I must say is an honorable death, but they shouldn't have died. Their names will go down in history as the greatest warriors of our kin.'' The crowd was sorrowful. Some of them were enraged because of the way that they died, and enraged by the way that the Nividians have fought.

'' I apologize, but I have to get back into the room. I have same minor injuries that will take no time to heal. Good bye for now, my brothers and sisters.'' when they entered the room Arollan asked.

'' Do you think the bought it my lord.''

'' Of course they did.''

Now the brothers exited the portal that lady Astra has set and they appeared at the floating palace of the Ethereal Council. The palace was surrounded by stars, clouds, galaxiest et cetera. The palace towered over them and they realized how big it was compared to their king's palace. The diamond stairs that led to the door of the palace appeared endless. The door itself was made out of moon metal. When they entered the palace they noticed the golden roof and silver floor and the unending hall. Lady Astra said

 

'’ Welcome Arnoirians. This is the palace of the Ethreal Council.’’

‘’ Wow. It looks amazing. It is nothing like our kings palace ’’ said Anastasius.

'' Well thank you. I was the one that created it.'' Lady Astra chuckled.

‘’Also, I already know your names. Chronos, Anastasius, Orpheus and lastly Perseus. And yes it is a weird situation to meet like this, but I couldn’t waste any more time. Please follow me.’’

The brothers stayed speechlees because all of them thought to ask her this, and they were a bit confused how she knew what they were going to ask her

‘’ How do you know so much about us?’’ asked Chronos.

‘’ We have been watching you for a long time. Ever since you started slaughtering many innocent realms we were watching your next moves. But you started putting the balance in jeopardy and we needed to do something. If it wasn’t for that, him, your brother your race would have been long gone.’’

‘’ My brother? Why him?’’

‘’ Yes your brother, Anastasius. If he didn’t tell you to ask your king you would have never know that he was being manipulated. So thank him for your survival.’’

‘’ You said Him, Do you know that person’’

‘’ Yes I do, but we will talk about him later. You first need to meet the other members of the Council’’
After a long walk the four brothers arrived where the other members were waiting for them. As Astra walked in to the room all 6 members stood up and bowed down to here and greeted here.

‘’ Greetings lady Astra how have you been?’’

‘’ A bit tired Orion.’’

‘’ Why is that if I may ask?’’

‘’ Well I found him on the planet Nividin. He wanted to have a fight with me, but that didn't happen since I came prepared.’’

‘’ By him do you mean - ?’’

‘’That is correct’’ said Astra.

‘’ Who are they?’’ Asked Luna.

‘’ They are Arnoirians.And the ones that will help us stop that person.’’

'' Arnoirians? Why did you bring them in the Ethereal Council lady Astra? Don't you know what they did through the centuries?''

‘’ Silence Atlas! Don’t you dare raise your voice on me ever again. Do you understand? There is a reason why I brought them here.’’

‘’ Yes lady Astra I apologize.’’

‘’ Good know let’s get straight to the point.’’

‘’ Will you tell us who he is?’’ Perseus asked impatiently.

‘’ Yes I will. So the person that controls your king is very well known in Council. His name is Io. He was once a sentinel that worked with us. He was the Sentinel of Gravity. He helped control the gravitational force in the universe. But one day something ruined him we don’t know what made him change and then he became the Ruined Sentinel of Energy.’’

‘’ Wait a minute. Didn’t you say he was a sentinel of gravity. How did he become a sentinel of energy.’’

‘’ We don’t know. He just disappeared and when he came back he proclaimed himself a Sentinel of Energy. Something or someone changed him to that sentinel. What is it or who is it, we don’t know.’’

‘’ So the all powerful Ethereal Council doesn’t know who ruined him? We might have a bigger problem then we thought.’’ said Orpheus which wasn't take lightly by the rest of the members.

‘’ Listen here Arnoirian. We might be powerful but we are not omniscient. We know a lot of stuff be not everything. We look over the fabric of existence and we make sure that the balance isn’t imperiled!’’ yelled Stella.

‘’ Who are you’’ asked Chronos.

‘’ A yes I forgot to introduce the members. This is Apollo, Orion, Atlas, Helia, Luna and Stella’’ said lady Astra.

‘’ It is a pleasure. We wanted to meet the Council ever since we saw that our king is being manipulated by Io. My name is Chronos I am the oldest of my brothers, their names are Anastasius, Orpheus and Perseus. I also wanted to ask why did you bring us here?’’

‘’ Well the four of will become the Sentinels in order to stop Io and what ever changed him.’’

‘’ What?! Sentinels of what exactly?’’

‘’ Well we can give the powers of the sentinel but what do you become a sentinel of isn’t up to us.’’

‘’ Who decides then?’’

‘’ Think of everything in the universe as if it had a consciousness. For example how gravity chose Io to be its sentinel something will chose you four.’’

‘’So we can become sentinels of anything? Literally anything?’’

‘’ Everything in the universe, yes.’’

‘’ But why did you choose us? I mean we have started to shaken up the balance in the universe.’’

‘’ Your four where the only ones that didn’t get manipulated by Io. How did that happen I don’t know since the four of you are the strongest of Arnoirian people so you should have been the first priority after the king. It has to be luck I guess.’’

‘’ Right..’’ said Anastasius.

‘’ Before we start, we will make a treaty. The Ethereal Council will give you power, but in exchange you will serve the Council and you will be the enforcers of the Councils will. Those are the conditions. Do you agree?’’

‘’ Yes we do.’’ answered Chronos with no hesitation.

‘’ So when do we start this process?’’asked Anastasius.

‘’ Right now.’’ answered Atlas.

And so the 7 members gathered around the four brothers while holding hands. The eyes of the members and the eyes of the brothers started to glow and the powers of the sentinels have been bestowed upon the four brothers. Chronos became The Sentinel of time, Anastasius The Sentinel of Light, Orpheus The Sentinel of Darkness and Perseus The Sentinel of Destruction. Their strong magical powers were combined with the thing they became sentinels for. Chronos had completed control over time, Anastasius controled the light, Orpheus Darkness and Perseus had control over destruction itself and thus the Sentinels were formed.

‘’ How do you all feel?’’ asked Lady Astra.

With a grin on their face they both answered:

‘’ We feel amazing’’

End of chapter 5

 

0