(Prologue) How To Unknowinly Cause An International Incident?
899 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once upon the time, there were two kingdoms that were once united, uncontestedly rulling over the entire continent for thousands of years.

As the time went on, the two opposing factions who were fighting over the influence, eventually causing the civil war which lasted for many years. However none of the sides couldn't get an upper hand which resulted in both sides signing a cease fire while simultaneously declaring independence, splitting the continent between each other and creating two countries: The Kingdom Of Novis and The Arkadian Empire.

Despite signing cease fire, the animosity remained which prevented from ultimately ending the war for another century. 

Even though the peace was finally established, the sign of conflict start brewing anew while both sides once again met at the place where it all began.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

It all happened on the special banquet which is held every year, celebrating the peace between countries however the mood wasn't very festive as people were silently observing two groups that were from looks of it in a middle of some sort of dispute.

"I told you to stay away or perhaps your tiny brain is incapable of registering such a simple request?"

The one who spoke such words was a beautiful black haired lady. Her cool demeanor and appearance causes her to stand out even among her own group.

"Umm...I cannot comply to your request. I have a right to get along with them like anyone else!"

With an uncertain yet determined voice, a white haired girl responded. Unlike her counterpart, she was more shy but much cuter looking. Her presence alone was capable of awakening in people a desire to protect her from any harm.

"Hmph. You have been acting pretty boldly lately. You think getting into royal family suddenly allow you to intervene into matters of other people without their consent?"

"On the other hand I don't see any issue here. Don't pretend you have some kind of better reason to associate with them, miss "princess"."

She was staring at the guy who said that while making unpleasant expression. The man however kept acting nonshalantly to her further displeasure. His unkept blonde hair along with not perfectly clean appearance didn't help to ease her anger either.

"Princess Rosemary. I believe there is a room for a negotiation. Perhaps if we sit down and talk it out we cou---"

"No we cannot, Prince Albert. It's not the first time I made a request and yet your sister kept disregarding it without any care to the world. I'm afraid there is no much to talk about."

The princess wasn't interested in any compromises. He may been her fiance but she didn't hesitate in silencing him. The crowd was shocked considering who he was. His impressive posture and deep voice would make many people uneasy but the most shocking thing is he didn't react at all at her comment. He just closed his eyes and seemed to be in deep thought.

"Don't bother, brother. You're talking to the brick wall. Does it even matter what she thinks? You're a crown prince and she's ju---"

"That's enough. Rosemary only stated her business. We would appreciate if you kept your remarks for yourself, Novis Prince."

"Unless you cannot help yourself. In that case, I would gladly educate you on the matter of proper etiquette."

These two already had enough of disrespecting of their dear sister. One with a burly physique while the other more skinny with glasses with the same black hair. As the tension kept rising, the main star of the show finally appeared. Both princesses with sparkling eyes swiftly approached them, leaving their families behind. 

"Sorry for being late. Did something happen? I heard there is some kind of commotion going on."

"No, I wouldn't say that. Don't worry you have just arrived in the right time."

"Humu. It's good to see you."

"Are you sure? I see your families staring at each other."

Despite pointing at the logical conclusion, she was immediately hushed. Both of them grabbed her hands and started to pull at the same time. Little did they know that it will mark the beginning of a gruesome war that will soon enflame the entire continent.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

"...Right, I have to write the beginning. I knew that!"

"Let's see...was the whole thing really that long ago? Whatever, just focus on writing anything that will come to mind. Yep, that should do the trick!"

25