5- Oscar The Wrestler
617 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Bang!"

The frog headed lizard's tongue smashed the location Oscar was in a second ago, cracking the few rocks in place of his body.

Assuming from what he had seen, Oscar hypothesized that the frog-headed lizard uses his tongue as the main weapon. And while being fast as lightning bolts, Its weakness was apparent, It can only do the long ranged attacks which need momentum to build force behind its every strike.

'And just like with wizards you have to get closer to them in order to deal with their long-ranged strikes, and hopefully, this froggy lizard would be physically weak… probably' 

Fingers crossed, he dodged another lashing of that gooey tongue while he leaped from one place to another. 

*Swush!*

Fortunately, his hearing was greater than that monstrous tongue hitting the wind right after coming out of his mouth, making it easier for Oscar to know when the attack will come its way and when he dodged. 

"Bang!"

With another leap, Oscar came closer to him. 

"!!!"

But just when he was about to aim that monster's wide reptilian eyes, it unexpectedly skittered back with a speed Oscar didn't think was possible for his size. And before he could follow that monster, it lashed out its gooey tongue right at his face with a speed he couldn't evade. 

"Ghaaaa!"

Screaming, Oscar hurriedly tried to smash it with his right claw only to get it caught within its grasp, making him almost lose his balance and fell down. 

"Crack!" 

Utilizing all his remaining limbs to their maximum strength, Oscar, was barely able to stop himself from getting pulled into that wide mouth. 

"Ghiiiii!" 

Gritting his teeth, he tried to pull out his entrapped hand with his entire might only to realize the extent of that monster's grip over him was identical to a dragon's claw grasping its prey. 

'Fuckkk!' He cursed his bad luck to encounter this damned froggy lizard. 

"Urgh!" 

The gaps he was holding onto, also started to crack. And the strain over the joints of his limbs against the torso, also starting to hurt, making him feel he would soon be ripped apart should he persist any further. 

Knowing, that if he didn't do anything he might lose this tug of war, Oscar mustered his courage and-

'I

Fucking

Hate 

Frogs!'

"Khaaa!" 

-He chomped down that tongue. Piercing his sharp jagged up jaws as fast as he could, he tore its fleshy tongue making it bleed profusely the next second. 

Oscar didn't stop from just one or two chomps, like a madman/goblin out for its blood, he fervently attacked it with his jaws from every angle he could reach. All the while, the frog lizard thrashed its head around with angry growls, making his entrapped hand twist and turn in unnatural ways while cracking his shoulder with a jerk. 

But still, he didn't stop. His jaws only dug deeper as the time went by and finally… 

     Bite Lv1 > Lv2     

"Khuurrrrrr!" As quick as that monster attacked, it tried to retract back its bloodied mangled tongue which Oscar didn't let the opportunity go to waste. 

Grasping firmly at the losen tongue with both hands, Oscar withstood the pain and the numbness before he jumped down using that monster's tongue as rope. 

"Khaaarrrr!" 

And the lizard wasted no time in pulling back its damaged tongue, without noticing a goblin was riding on it. 

"Ghheee!" 

*Bang!*

Oscar crashed and landed near its tail, though not as intended. But still, he swiftly sprang forth with toes digging into the surface and grabbed the damaged tail before hacking at its nearby leg with his claw as fast as he could. 

'Now you know how it felt, having your limb dislocated and detached huh bastard!' Like a wood-cutter on a cutting spree, Oscar kept piercing and pulling its bloodied leg muscles out. 

"Khrrrraaaaa!!!"

As the blood splashes all over his body, it gives Oscar a natural monstrous look with little resemblance to his former human self.

'Huh?!' 

Before Oscar could react, the froggy lizard runs away on its remaining three legs as it shrieked in pain, pulling Oscar with it.

Maintaining his balance by wrapping himself on top of the lizard tail, twice his size, Oscar grins before continuing his slashing.

Even though he knows, it would be his end if the lizard dropped down with him on its back, Oscar still slashed and slashed again.

When a turn came, the monster lizard slowed down a bit, planning to bash that goblin to the adjacent wall. 

But Oscar took advantage of it, and dug his both stubby yet sturdy legs at both sides like brakes slowing speed to a crawl. 

"Ahhhhh!"

Wrapping his both hands at the lizard's torso with one being almost numbed to the stinging pain, he put his entire might into lifting the froggy lizard's lower body with an action that can be mistaken for a kid trying to pull trees roots out of the soil, but little Oscar was hell-bent on performing his favorite move against the froggy lizard. 

'Take my, German suplex!!!' 

Determined, he internally shouted the name of the move he used to watch but was never able to perform. 

"Ahhhh!" With the monster already losing its one leg and second leg being damaged more than enough, it wasn't hard to make it lose the grip, causing it to dangle down with a goblin attached to its tail. 

"Screeee!"

Failing to maintain its balance with just two front legs, the froggy lizard dropped down as its whole body rotated midair, thanks to the goblin hanging like a pendulum over its tail. 

"Boom!" The monster crashed its head against the spikey gravels below, effectively puncturing its own skull but still alive. 

"Urbgd!"

Coming out of the rubble, Oscar furiously shakes his head, getting rid of some dizziness. And when he saw the monster was still alive, he quickly jumped on top of its head before raising his hands... Or he tried. His right arm remains motionless. 

Oscar quickly plunged his only working hand deep into the monster's skull, ending its life. before checking his injured arm, only to feel nothing from it! 

     Sharp Nails Lv2 > Lv3     

     You have killed ??? Lv3     

For killing an enemy 2+ levels above you, additional exp will be rewarded

     You have leveled up!     

     Skill points are rewarded     

"Huh?!" 

Following the level-up notification, Oscar saw his body glowing in a magical blue light making him feel warm all over. His previously drowsy mind became active, and his fatigue gone but more importantly... He could feel his 'lost' arm back as it lost the unnatural paleness and glowed back in a natural Goblins green. 

'A free healing?' He guessed, for getting a heal-up followed by the level-up screens. 

'So, I was indeed poisoned...' He didn't notice it before as his mind was also affected by it. 

'Yea, who would check their status in the middle of the fight... It wasn't a video game where a health bar will always be present at the top of my head... Though, I admit I was too into the brawl that I neglected the early signs. Not that I could do anything against it, other than running away and dying somewhere alone in the dark. 

If not for this level up, I might have perished together with this shit' he kicks the limp skull under him before shrugging. 

'Guess, I have to be more careful in the future hmm?' 

Oscar glanced at his dark surroundings and noticed the thick smell of blood oozing near him, while his ears were picking subtle vibrations from the monster's footsteps trying to sneak in his direction. 

'Let's dig as much as I can before running from the crime scene' wiping his drool, Oscar showed a hungry smile. 

'Itadaki masu!' 

Announcement
Discord link: Here

Patreon link: Here

17