Chapter 4: Kenny’s family situation.
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I started running toward the exit. Just when I was near the exit, I heard footsteps behind me. Instantly, I hear someone talking to me from my left side. It makes me terrified that I… I even lost the strength to speak. I can feel that person coming closer and closer to me. I even lost the strength to walk. What can I do at this moment? I frightenedly turned my head toward my left side to see who the person was. But… But believe me, Mr. Arthur, if you see the person's face, you also will be scared.” With this, Kenny stopped talking and I could see fear in her eyes. She is shaking. She is still terrified. Still, she wasn't able to overcome the fear. 

I quickly give her a glass of water. 

"Calm down Miss Kenny, calm down. You don't need to fear. I am here. Your father is here. So calm down yourself. Now, drink the water, take a deep breath and calm down." I quickly told her to calm down. I know she was terrified. She needed to calm down or she wouldn't be able to tell me all the details. 

Kenny gulped down the water. She took a deep breath and calmed herself down. After a few minutes, she once again started talking. 

"Sorry Dad, Mr. Arthur, but it is just remembering the face that makes me terrified." She said to me, with a guilty look. 

" Don't worry about it. I know how hard it is for you to describe that face to me. Still, you need to stay strong, Miss Kenny." I tell her in a soft tone. She was terrified at this moment, so I need to handle this case softly. If I show impatience while she is scared and unable to describe the details, then I can never become the best mystery solver.

" Sir, your coffee is ready." At this moment, one waiter brought 3 cups of coffee that I previously ordered. 

"Thank you," I said to the waiter. After that, I shifted my focus to Kenny and said to her, " Miss, Kenny drank this coffee and calmed down. After that, we will resume our discussion."

" Hello, Mr. John, why don't you tell me about yourself? I guess ‌you are a cook. Previously, I saw a chopping mark on your right hand. It only happens when someone holds the heavy chopping knife in a kind of golfer's grip, thumb and forefinger forked over the join between the knife's blade and its base. With this, I guess you are a cook." I explain to him how did I guess he is a cook?

I have to say that this level 2 detective skill is very good. Previously, Arthur could never observe this much with this level 1 detective skill. Just thinking about what will happen when I upgrade this skill to a higher level makes me excited. But, yes I can lose my cool in front of my client.

Just looking at John's face, you can tell that he is very surprised, after hearing how I found out that he was a cook. 

"What can I say, Mr. Arthur? I am very surprised to see your skill. Seriously, I am disappointed in Mr. Mark that he won't be taking my daughter's case. But now I am pretty sure that you will be able to solve my daughter's case. Me, my wife, and my daughter are living our lives happily. But two years ago suddenly my wife became seriously ill. From time to time, she loses consciousness. We also visited many doctors, but nobody could tell me about my wife's illness."

"A month later, when my wife's condition worsened, we admitted her to the Vena Hospital. As you know, it is one of the best hospitals. We needed money… a lot of money for her treatment. As you guess, I am a cook. I have a small restaurant. My daughter was in college. When my daughter saw ‌we needed a lot of money for her mother's treatment, she worked part-time in the Jain shopping mall. Except for my restaurant and home, I almost sold all of my things for the money. We need at least 1 million for the treatment. For a small family like us, it was a pretty enormous amount. The doctor also gave us a time limit of 2 years. If we cannot collect the money in these 2 years, then my wife's life can be in danger."

"In these 2 years, we have almost a million dollars and tomorrow we will give this money to the hospital for my wife's treatment. Yesterday, it thrilled Kenny that her mother's treatment will start. She also told me ‌she will be late because there are many customers in the shopping mall. I close my restaurant at 10:00 p.m. So as always yesterday I also closed my shop at 10:00 p.m. when I suddenly got a call from the hospital about my daughter. They told me that someone attacked my daughter. I rushed to the hospital and saw that my daughter had a bandage around her head and she was pretty scared. After seeing me, she cried, and when she calmed down, I told her to contact Mr. Mark. I read in the daily newspaper about him, so with no delay, I told her to contact him. This is how we came here," Mr. John explained their family condition, and how they came here. 

"Don't worry Mr. John. I will solve the case." I said to him with confidence. I don't know what happened, but the fire is burning in my heart. My heart is telling me to solve this case at any cost. 

At this moment, Kenny had already finished her coffee, and she also calmed down very much. 

"Thank you, Mr Arthur, for the coffee and sorry for wasting your time. I will tell you about the appearance of the person who is going to kill me……….."

To be continued__________________

1